shape
carat
color
clarity

My rockie mountain plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cdndman

Rough_Rock
So I believe I have thought up a pretty special plan to make me and my SO's engagement memorible as in one of those that can be told for years to come. I am planning on proposing this saturday August 16th. Since it deals with the outdoors I have made 2 plans.

Plan A: We will be going on a nice hike up to two mountain look-outs, one is a nice view of a glacier fed lake and the other look-out is a beautiful view of a vast valley that is a very nice view. The plan is to have my digital camera (which she won't be expecting since she is the designated photographer on all of our trips) hidden in my hiking bag. I will also have the ring in its box hidden in one of the many compartments (most likely tucked inside some socks to make it not look obvious). On the digital camera I will have a picture of the ring with the proposal written along the bottom of the picture. So when we get up to one of the points or when I feel the time is right I'll simply tell her that I want to take a picture of her next to something... take the picture and then she will come to me to view the picture.. .but i'll switch it to the picture of the ring and wait for her to zoom in to look at what this picture is of and what is written.. at that time I would go down on one knee and bring out the ring box.

Plan B: Includes almost the same idea as Plan A but would happen late at night. there are two beautiful lakes that we can walk around. It's really beautiful since there is minimal light pollution in the area so we will be able to see the moon and stars perfectly and they reflect really nicely off the lake. The plan would then be simple, walk to a point where it's nice and calm and propose.

Any suggestions? comments? tips?

Please ignore the fact that I was unable to correctly spell Rocky Mountains.....
2.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Both your ideas sound amazing!
9.gif

I keep going back and forth which one I like best...
...Maybe Plan A...because it''s completely unexpected, but she''ll for sure be able to tell that you put a lot of thought and energy into it.

But either way they would both be amazing!!

Good luck...I''m sure she''ll say yes!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...both plans sound great.....

I''d dig plan A if I was an avid hiker (which it seems like you both are).

Congrats on your upcoming engagement and I can''t wait to see how it goes!!!

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments
10.gif

I'm not to worried about the out-come since me and the GF have been together for just over 3 years now... and she's been dropping the hints for awhile now and we both know that we will eventually marry.. but she doesn't think we'll get engaged until next year since I still have a semester left at university and I convinced her that I just didn't have the funds right now to get the ring she would want.....

As for the ring... I'll be picking it up on Thursday... the past 5 weeks have been excruciatingly long as the ring is being 100% custom made. The Jeweler does amazing work as he makes everything 100% compliment and in proportion to the diamond you choose. The center is a .65ct RB VS1 Ex Cut Ex Sym Ex Pol E color and is stunning. It is set in a 14K white gold halo setting with a 2mm band with diamonds halfway down the band. The diamond will be bezel set and the ring design is EXACTLY what she wants. I'm just excited to see the look on her face when she sees it.

cdndman

Rough_Rock
The weather network just updated the forcast for the area and no more rain is forcasted... so looks like plan A is the plan!! then i think we''ll still do plan B but just after the proposal since it''ll be really nice to see

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Very exciting news... just got a call telling me the ring is 100% complete. I''ll be stopping after work to check it out!!
1.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
EXCITING!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

Can''t wait to see pictures of everything...proposal to the ring!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 1:31:50 PM
Author: cdndman
Very exciting news... just got a call telling me the ring is 100% complete. I''ll be stopping after work to check it out!!
1.gif

That''s great!

It must be super thrilling for you!!!!

Can''t wait to see pics!!!

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Picked up the ring and wow... it has 1 pointers around the halo and 2 pointers in the band... the halo makes the .65 center look a lot bigger. same with the bezel... will get pictures up later... it gives off some nice fire....

Looks like i'll have to practice taking pictures of the ring... i've tried two cameras and both of the macro settings are sucking

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
cdndman -- your future fiancee is so lucky that you''re putting so much thought and effort into making this proposal perfect! you seem so excited, the ring sounds beautiful and i can''t wait to see pictures!! i like plan A best as well, i hope it''s wonderful!! congratulations!!

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Here goes some pictures.... this diamond shows off a lot of fire.... i don''t think i could have chose a better jeweler or diamond....

fire298.jpg

cdndman

Rough_Rock
and one from behind... my GF specifically wanted a closed base for the diamond... so she got what she wanted...

behind1902.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I saw your post elsewhere, and wanted to wish you all the best on the proposal!

Have a great time. The ring is beautiful! She''s going to love it!

LS

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME RING!!! I love it...Your right about the halo...it makes that center stone look huge..
I can''t wait to see pictures of it on her hand...

Good Luck

cdndman

Rough_Rock
So I decided to take on the challenge of getting better pictures... as suggested I used a window sill.. unfortunatly the sun is just starting to set and i couldn''t get a lot of natural light.... but i used no artificial lighting in the pictures....

frontnotoonie.jpg

cdndman

Rough_Rock
bear with me as I cannot figure out how to post multiple pictures in one post...

fronttoonie.jpg

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
hey, great ring and great ideas! But are you talkin about the rocky mountains as in just outside Denver? I''m in denver and its raining right now and is supposed to rain tmrw too. But wherever you are, just be sure to double check the weather thing =) good luck and have fun

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to pop in and wish you the very best for your proposal this weekend!

Please come back and tell us all about it!

LS

cdndman

Rough_Rock
she said yes!!!
9.gif
9.gif
it didn''t go as planned but went way better!!! lets just say it had something to do with a somewhat unexpected plan C. i''ll fill in the details later once we get back.
9.gif
oh and she absolutely loves the ring

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 11:17:48 AM
Author: cdndman
she said yes!!!
9.gif
9.gif
it didn't go as planned but went way better!!! lets just say it had something to do with a somewhat unexpected plan C. i'll fill in the details later once we get back.
9.gif
oh and she absolutely loves the ring

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

emlove.gif
CONGRATULATIONS!
emlove.gif

LS

ETA: and, *of course* she loves the ring! It's beautiful.

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Alright so it''s story time.....

We went on plan A.... however I was not informed that the hiking information i had.. was basically useless since they had re-numbered the trails. So instead of leading us to a nice vista.. it led us down a dusty horse trail to a horse barn... not exactly that romantic.... meanwhile halfway to the hike to the horse barn... my fiance (haha it''s weird to say it)... started complaining about her left hand swelling.. so I started to get worried and in fact it had swollen including her fingers.......

So now I''m contemplating proposing infront of this old horse barn... in the middle of a dusty trail... when she suggests that we go to a area that is about a hour away from were we were staying to go for a hike that I had done many times and it''s the hike I had always wanted to propose on because it is amazing and probably one of my favorite hikes....

I''ll break down the hike for you.... you hike 4.5kms (roughly 2.8 miles) one way... up beside a beautiful glacier fed river, through an amazing cedar forest...right up do an amazing lake that looks almost baby blue... but a milky baby blue....

So I implemented plan C... the hike is pretty easy.. can be done in sandels and it was a great change from our previous dust filled hike... and I do believe fate intervened.. there is a portion of the trail that sometimes floods... and bingo it had flooded.... so I got to take ample amount of pictures...of her crossing through frigid glacier water... it was about 30 degrees celcius out.. so it felt good.... then we made our way up to a little bench with a perfect view... I gave her the camera to look at the pictures I had taken and she went through until she saw the picture I had made... and she just said... wait what''s this??? wait... oh my god... are you kidding? you better not be kidding!!! meanwhile I got off the bench... got out the ring and proposed... and after I asked the first time she just couldn''t believe it so I asked again and she said YES!!!

The ring is 100% exactly what she wanted and the size is perfect.... the ring looks amazing on her.

attached is a hand picture... then the picture of the view from where we sat...

handhalo081608.jpg

cdndman

Rough_Rock
I will get some profile shots asap.....

for those wondering... the ctw of this ring is 1.05...

including the .65 center there are 16 around the center and 12 in the band (6 on each side)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HOw Wonderful was THAT! WOW Plan ''C'' turned out perfectly!

Congratulations once again,and thank you for the pictures and story. The "vista view" is spectacular...makes me long for another trip to the Bulkley Valley.....(we''re going in December).

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results