shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal plan...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

I''m new here, and everyone''s been great helping me pick out an engagement ring for my gf, so I thought I''d share my proposal plans with you all!

Some background info: My gf and I met during our first year in college, same major, same classes, so we saw each other fairly often. However, while I would say we were friendly, we weren''t friends. We didn''t ever hang out together or anything, even though we had mutual friends. Anyway, fast forward to the final month of our final semester in school. One of our mutual friends invites me to my gf''s birthday party, which I accept, because it sounds like fun. For whatever reason, that night we just clicked, and we started dating. The sad thing was, there were only 4 weeks before I was leaving for a European vacation for 2 months! Oh no! They day before I left I brought her a single red rose, and a poem I had written for her, and told her that I loved her. She was a bit surprised by my declaration (after all, only 4 weeks!), but she did return it! She also waited for me to return from Europe! Sadly we had jobs in different towns, so we did the "weekend relationship" thing for 10 months, after which time I asked her to move in with me, which she did after much consideration. So to finish off the back-story, we''ve been living together for 6 months and she has no clue I''m planning to propose

9.gif

My proposal idea: Last Christmas I was a bit strapped for cash, so starting on the 14th of December I gave her little "On the Nth day of Christmas my boyfriend gave to me," gift certificates. It was for little things, like a back massage, or a nice dinner out, but it gave her something to look forward to for 12 days. Of course the 12th day was on the 25th of December, and it was a bit larger than the previous presents, but still nothing too extravagant.

So this Christmas I’m planning on doing the same thing. Starting on the 14th I’ll be giving her little gift certificates for fun things like a homemade dinner, a night’s stay in the big city, etc. However, when she opens the envelope for the 25th this year things are going to be a little different. For one thing, I’m going to have “Must be opened at 12:01 AM on December 25th” written on the envelope. This will ensure that everyone else at her parent’s house (where we’re spending the holiday) will be in bed on Christmas Eve. So we’ll be sitting on the couch with the Christmas tree all lit up and a fire going (if I can get her dad to agree to that) as she opens up the envelope for the 25th. I like to write poetry, so I plan on writing a lovely poem for her telling her all the things I love about her. The ending of the poem is going to trail off, but the final lines will rhyme with “[gf’s name], will you marry me?” You can guess what I’m going to do next: Down on one knee, pull out the ring, and recite that final line.

Hope you all like it!
Eban

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Its a beautiful idea!! There is something very magical about Christmas Eve/Morning. I''m sure she''ll love it and with all of the fun days she''ll get leading up to then, she stil won''t be missing out on Christmas. (Don''t change your plans, but did you know that the actually "First Day of Christmas is Christmas Day? The 12 days of Christmas are actually after Christmas, not before, but I don''t think very many people know that.) I hope it goes well!!

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
I didn''t know that Seattle! Last year I just assumed that the 12th Day of Christmas was actually Christmas day, and then counted my way backwards from there. Oh well, I''m not going to change it of course, since I don''t think she''d find Tuesday, January 5th all that memorable
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results