shape
carat
color
clarity

My proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jigsaw

Rough_Rock
Welcoming comments...

I''d like to keep it relatively simple per her request...which makes it even easier to surprise her. I''m 99.999% sure she''ll say yes, we''ve been together almost 4 years and own a house and I''ve finally got off my butt and ready to pop the question. I''m thinking of proposing on New Years Eve while we are still at home and she is getting ready for the night. I''ve always told her on New Years about the superstition that however you spend New Years is how you will spend the upcoming year. So I''d like to mention this to her again casually and then get down and ask the question saying "and I''d love to spend it engaged to you"....

Any comments? Not enough, too cheesy, etc?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect! It''s sincere, sweet, and not complicated!!! Go for it! And boy, what a fun New Year''s Eve you two will have!!! Congrats!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
that is a great way to make the big proposal. I think that maybe you should do it over dinner, or doing some activity that you both enjoy.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
that is a great way to make the big proposal. I think that maybe you should do it over dinner, or doing some activity that you both enjoy.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
I agree -- good plan.

One of DH''s and my dear friends proposed on New Years''s Eve about a decade ago by simply getting on bended knee and saying that he wanted to start the New Year off right by swearing his undying love for her.

Whatever you say, she''s going to love it
36.gif

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 8:51:46 PM
Author: diamondhunter10

I don''t think you need to do it over dinner. When you are getting ready is fine. I don''t think your idea is cheesy at all! Good luck!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 3:49:03 PM
Author: lehcarm
Date: 12/15/2006 8:51:46 PM

Author: diamondhunter10

I don't think you need to do it over dinner. When you are getting ready is fine. I don't think your idea is cheesy at all! Good luck!
I agree, the sooner the better! She would be "expecting it" more during a dinner/activity--but fresh out of the shower or while putting on her makeup? Total surprise!

What a beautiful way to propose. Have fun!

ETA: Maybe this is just me, but I'd MUCH rather be proposed to before a big night than at the close of a big night. Give the exciting surprise pre-evening and all she'll be thinking about after that point is how blissfully happy she is (and how sparkly her ring looks!)

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I have been feverishly researching different proposals myself. From a guys perspective I like your idea, is simple and easy. Have you finalized what you are going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results