shape
carat
color
clarity

My Idea...still needs some tweaking - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kp13

Rough_Rock
Okay so I''ve been lurking on PS for a while now, and have finally ordered my stone, and the setting is being custom made and everything with the ring should be finalized in about 3 weeks from today. Now on to the next task...the proposal.

I really wanted to propose in Disney World during the trip we have planned for January, but I just cant wait that long. Therefore, I tried to think of important events coming up and how I could incorporate a proposal. Here is what I came up with:

My girlfriend and I are both runners, and we frequently run in organized races/events. Each year in mid September, we run the same 10 mile race just outside of Ocean City MD. We go to Salisbury University and live in Ocean City MD during the school year, and spend each weekend there during the summer, so this is an appropriate place IMO. This particular race is our favorite one and we always look forward to running it each year. This year I want to secretly invite her parents/grandparents/and Aunt and Uncle down, along with my parents to come to the race. I would like to have them show up after the race starts and wait for us about 50 yards from the finish line. We always run together at the same pace, so I''m thinking we would come in for the finish and she would see her family there and be really excited/confused. Maybe I could have her family holding up signs that said "Say Yes!" or "Stop Running" (need help here?) or something to that effect so she would stop and I could get the ring from my Dad and propose there on the spot. We could then finish the race as an engaged couple and go directly to the after party where we could celebrate. By the way, I know that she wouldnt mind a public proposal in front of people so that is not a concern here. Please give me your thoughts on this idea, and how I could improve it! I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if this needs improving! As long as you know, like you said, that she wouldn''t mind a public proposal, then I think you''ve come up with a good way of incorporating something you both enjoy into the proposal. Only question would be making sure she saw the signs and understood to stop - I know when I''m running I end up zoning out near the end, and wouldn''t want to stop for anything. Maybe you could fake a leg cramp or something to get her to stop with you?

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Crumple to the floor and act injured. Then she will definitely stop, and you will already be on one knee. Then point to her parents, who will then lift a banner saying "say yes!". When she turns back to you, propose! When she says yes, go get the ring and slip it onto her finger before finishing the race.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 2:52:17 AM
Author: kribbie
Crumple to the floor and act injured. Then she will definitely stop, and you will already be on one knee. Then point to her parents, who will then lift a banner saying ''say yes!''. When she turns back to you, propose! When she says yes, go get the ring and slip it onto her finger before finishing the race.
That''s kind of funny. I like it.

I thought about a similar proposal but didn''t think she''d appreciate it after being all messy from the race. If you don''t think she''d care about being in running clothes for the proposal, or a public proposal, I think it''s great idea and look forward to hearing about it.

Treefrog

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results