shape
carat
color
clarity

moutains or beach both beautiful places but which 1 perfect

dreamsofus

Rough_Rock
So after looking for over a year at rings and making sure every part of it (the band, center stone, etc.) was perfect and I knew she would be blowed away I'm ready to pop the question. So I figured that I'd either do it in the moutains with the leaves looking perfect on the top of the moutain or on the beach down near my beach house. So here is a little background about us so you will know more to help base your option on.

Background:

We travel to the beach house all the time together and walk down the beach to were the beach ends and a inlet starts and just sit and watch sunsets and enjoy the low tide. It's kind of our little get away down there away from tourist/everyone and I always thought this would be the perfect place. I based this on the fact that we work towards one common goal and that is to move there full time and even move to the caribean together because we take several trips there a year and just love the water and how it is down there.
I also based this on that I'm kind of the type of guy that plans for the future and what may also be romantic and have importance to us years down the road. I figured when we were down at the beach and walked down there years from now we would look at the spot and smile and know that was where our lives went from two different people to one complete person. This is also why I didn't want to do it on a cruise or something down in mexico because even though the water and everything is perfect the chances of sharing the place and moment again is a lot less.

Now the moutains:

I take her up there every year in the fall for a day trip to see the leaves and walk down a few trails to see some waterfalls and end the afternoon at this resturant that I found for us that is right on the side of the moutain and can watch the sunset as we eat. It's always very beautiful up there and always has some amazing memories since we don't go up to the moutains but once a year but to the beach as our main place because we both love it so much. If I do it here I was going to do it at the end of the trail were we can see over all the moutains and just take it all in and then afterwards we can eat dinner and share together what just happened.

Big ?:
Which do you think will mean more to us as a couple for now and future because I keep going back and forth and have a plan for both. I can see how the moutains would stand out because it's different and would be special and then can keep going there every year to make it special together. But yet when I see were all our memories are it's the beach. When I ask her were does she picture our future I got a I couldn't ever live in the moutains because of the cold weather but would love to live at the beach. But then when I say ok so were do you want to take our fall vacation she said well we don't take many trips to the moutains so we should go there because it'd be different and special. (I'm thinking she means for a trip yep it'd be perfect but were she'd love to get engaged to??? thats another ? haha)

As you can see I"m kind of tossing both of these back and forth and if I was on the outside looking in I think it'd be such a easy process but since I'm the one making the big move and I keep telling myself that I want it to be perfect it's easy to get confused and could really use some help and insight from you guys. Please help me out here and thanks in advance for all the help and comments.

dreamsofus

Rough_Rock
Re: moutains or beach both beautiful places but which 1 perf

If anyone has a few extra mins please let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure I'm going to the beach, but just want some other views on the subject and didn't want to ask anyone I knew so it'd be a suprise. I'll be very greatful for any help or view you may be able to give me.

dreamsofus

Rough_Rock

going to beach this weekend so I decided to go that way... thanks everyone for the help hahaha... saw that 41 people took all that time to read this long post yet no one even gave me there thoughts?? Just doesn't make sense to me seems like that would be a waste of your time but maybe I'm wrong?

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I think either location will do.

Let me ask you this....do you have an idea which season you'll have your wedding? I'm asking because you can take her to the same place you proposed to her on your wedding anniversary. Let's say you plan on having a summer wedding, propose to her at the beach; a fall wedding, then at the mountains. But either way, both places are special to both of you, it will be very special.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results