shape
carat
color
clarity

London or Paris

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kinetics

Rough_Rock
I have a real problem on my hands. Me and my GF are going to London after Christmas and I planned on proposing there. I got great ideas from members of the board (thanks) and was either going to do it in front of Buckingham Palace or at the Somerset House depending on the weather. I was hoping to do this the first full day of the trip so I wouldnt be so anxious and risk blowing the surprise. Well she had a suprise of her own for me...a day trip to Paris. I am thinking this would be a great place, being the city of love and all but it is the day before we leave. So should I go ahead and do it in London or wait until we get to Paris?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I would stick with your original plan. That way the excitement will permeate the entire trip. You might want to arrange a special celebratory dinner in Paris. I''d rather have the ring sooner instead of later. Also, it is harder to lose on a finger than in a ring box.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure which I would do. I think Paris would be quite nice as she did that for your surprise but then you could totally surprise her there too. If I was to be proposed to in Paris, somewhere nice along the Seine would be great or on one of the river cruise boats. But if you don''t think you can wait, then do it in London.

Diotima

Rough_Rock
Ok, if you decide to do it in Paris, here are some suggestions:

On the grounds of the Louvre, maybe near the glass pyramid when it's lit up at night.

Inside the cathedral of Notre Dame, standing in the light from the rose window, or up in the bell tower if they still let people up there.

Inside St. Chappelle - the most amazing stained glass ever.

Re: travelling with the ring - mind that the x-ray scanner or comments from the security personnel don't spoil your surprise!

If you choose one of the cathedrals, grab yourself a quick and unique blessing by giving the ring a dip in the font of holy water.

I've visited both Paris and London, and I found Paris to be *far* more romantic.

Another possible tip: Parisian bakeries often wrap single pastries in colorful paper folded into wonderful shapes (Pope's hat, geometric, etc.) You could purchase a pastry or two and have them wrap up the ring box as if it was a petit four then let her open it. ;-)

Cheers,

Dia

kinetics

Rough_Rock
I might be able to wait but I dont know. I have never had to keep something this big from her for so long. I just want to make sure she enjoys it and gets the most of the trip. Can I do two proposals?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I also think that you should stick with your original plan, and then celebrate in Paris. No matter what you decide, It''ll be the trip (and proposal) of a lifetime that neither of you will forget!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results