shape
carat
color
clarity

Las Vegas proposal suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheGymKid

Rough_Rock
Hello all...

I will be proposing to my grilfriend of 3 1/2 years in May. We will be staying at the Mirage hotel in Las Vegas, both our first trip there.

I''m looking for suggestions on the most romantic way to propose to her. I would like it to be really special for her.

I''ve heard of the gondola at the Venetian... but that is a given and done already.

I need some ideas... anyone have any?

Someone suggested... trying to have the hotel set up a spot on the roof overlooking Las Vegas at night with the lights... with rose pedals and maybe a bottel of champaign... and do it there?

ANother person said at sunset out by the pool....

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
The gondola goes through a shopping area, in IMO isn't very private or romantic. Maybe a nice, romantic restaurant like the one in the Eifel Tower at the Paris hotel. I love the roof idea also, if you could set that up.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having spent 23 years of my life in Las Vegas, my suggestion for a very Vegas-esque proposal would certainly take place at the Bellagio in one of two places.

At The Fontana Bar during one of the Fountain shows is definitely a very memorable experience. You'll have a perfect view of the fountains, and the show itself can be extremely powerful given the right accompanying music.

Also, the Bellagio conservatory is breathtaking, and should be lovely with their Spring theme.

http://www.bellagiolasvegas.com/pages/frameset_noflash.asp

If you're renting a car while you stay in Las Vegas and you would rather propose less publicly, I would highly recommend a picnic at Red Rock Canyon, 30 minutes west of the city. There is a 13 mile scenic drive that has places to park and hike/picnic/take stunning photos along the way.

http://www.redrockcanyon.blm.gov/

Whatever you decide - make sure you report back to us! Good luck!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
That roof idea sounds fantastic, and so does proposing by the fountain. Both would be fantastic IMO. Good luck!

TheGymKid

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I did a little more research and found out that I can also do it on top of the Eiffel Tower. SO, I'm thinking maybe take the ride up, do it there at the top overlooking the strip at sundown.
Then have dinner on the 11th floor restaurant. What do you think of that idea? I'll have to leave her at the pool while I'm there and then go chk out it out on my own to make sure it looks good... unless someone has been up there yet?

ALso, before dinner, or after dinner?? I'm thinking before.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I havn't taken the ride to the top, but it should have a great view and be a great place to watch the Bellagio water show from if you time it right. The restaurant is supposed to be one of the best, so I think it sounds great. Do it before dinner -- you won't have to sweat through dinner, and will be on cloud 9 instead!

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Yep Eifel tower is what I was just going to suggest when I saw your thread. You ride up to the top, you can see the entire strip and can eat up there too. The water show is right across the street from it and it occurs like twice an hour. Go up when its dark so you can really see the lights of the strip. I think its open until 12pm or 1am. It's AWESOME!! Go with your gut on the right time...could be traveling up in the elevator, over dinner or after, whatever feels right!!Good luck
9.gif
9.gif

cindi

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend just proposed to me in Las Vegas and it was the greatest proposal ever. We went to see a band and toward the end of the night he said he was going to the bathroom and would be awhile. The band played the last song and then asked if a special lady (my name) would please come up on the stage. I saw an Elvis impersonator up there. When I got up there I realized my boyfriend was the Elvis (he rented the jumpsuit, wig and glasses in Vegas). He had the microphone in his hand, turned to the audience and in an Elvis voice said "Everyone knows I'm the king, but what you good people don't know is that I intend to make this little mama my queen". He pulled out a ring box, turned to me and said "Cindy -----, will you marry me and wear my jailhouse rock", fell down to one knee, head down, holding up the microphone toward me in one hand and the ring in the other. The crowd in the bar was hooting and howling, it was great!

TheGymKid

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions.... and backing up my idea for the tower. The elvis one is a good story. Congrats !! : )

Well, next weekend is the weekend. It is almost here. I'm really nervous... giving up my singlehood forever. SHe is a great girl though. If anyone has a last min suggestion, that would be cool... otherwise.. i'm off to Vegas and to the E-tower to make the commitment.

Mr Bojangles

Rough_Rock
Message for the Gym Kid.
Hi mate,
just wondered if you've popped the big question yet, if so where did you finally do the deed?
I live in England and will be travelling to the States soon. On our travels we (me and my better half) will be in Las Vegas for 4 days and I intend to propose. I've been in a dilemma over when and where to do it a little like yourself and wondered if you could share your knowledge of the eiffel tower idea, i.e. can they provide a service for these sort of things??
thanks for any help,
yours in dilemma,
Mr Bojangles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results