shape
carat
color
clarity

IT HAPPEND!!! I PROPOSED TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
I AM ENGAGED!!!
36.gif
Today the whole proposal in chicago went down. We started off the morning by leaving at 7:45 for Chicago.....i was so excited that I got to her house at 6:30, a half an hr. early. I hid the ring in my cargo pants pocket and she had no idea it was even there. We were riding the El to downtown to go to the garden and I got a call from Roger the artist and he said his car had broke down and he would be there as soon as he could. I stalled as long as we could and we ended up going across the street to a mall to use the restroom and then i talked about how my feet hurt SOOOOO bad and that I would love to just sit in the quiet garden and relax with her for awhile. She was clearly not wanting to do this but decided to anyway. We sat there for probably 10 minutes and it was 12:30ish and I decided I couldn''t wait any longer and risk him not showing up. So there was a wishing well in the middle and I improvised on the fly...i asked if she wanted to make a wish in the wishing well and she was like sure. So we each grabbed a penny and went to the well. She threw her''s in and i waited a few seconds and then threw mine in. I gave her a hug and then started my speech that I made up on the fly about how I will always love her and and then I got down on a knee and proposed to her and she didn''t wait a second and said yes..... I figured I''d let ya guys know from the wireless in the hotel but we''re getting ready to leave for the Cubs game within the hour.
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY, congratulations Firstbase. I''m so excited for you guys. Enjoy the game and best wishes to you both. Awesome!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Hand pics when you get a chance, hehe
3.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!!
36.gif
So happy for you! And so very proud of you, too. [sniff sniff] I feel like we''ve been planning this and stressing out about this right alongside you.
1.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!!! Let us know how the rest of the day goes! (she hasn''t gotten the ring yet, right?)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
no she does have the ring....her camera has taken some good pics of it on her hand...so we''ll post them tomorrow
31.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Firstbase!!!
36.gif
Look forward to the pics! Enjoy the game with your fiance! hehe

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Firstbase!!!
36.gif
I''m so happy for you! I thought about you a lot yesterday--I was watching the weather downtown and praying the Cubs would win one for ya (too bad that didn''t happen but oh well!) Anyway, I''m glad to hear everything turned out well for you! Best Wishes!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So was your fiancee constantly sneaking glances at the ring sparkling in the sun?
9.gif
Let us know how the rest of your big day went!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! What a great proposal... even if it was on the fly! Congrats to you both!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Here is the picture the artist did for the proposal.....he did an awesome job..it''s fairly close to what we really look like

proposal picture.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is sooo cool. He did an awesome job, thanks for showing us!!!
36.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
What a great proposal picture! Congrats to you and your fiancee!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoo hoo! Way to go Firstbase! I love, love, love the pic you posted! I''m so happy for you...congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
congrats!!! What a great day today in Chicago (and yay for the Cubs finally getting a home win at Wrigley that had to just top off your already spectacular day). Great work by the artist too!!! Can''t wait to see the ring
30.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That''s the cutest picture ever...and go Cubbies! We finally got a win today! Congratulations! Now, hand pics!!!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Let me know if you can see the pic I''ve tried to attach. It''s the best one we have so far of it on her hand.

n69600715_30209787_4091.jpg

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats first base! The drawn characater (sp?) is ADORABLE!! Ya''ll will be able to cherish that forever!
1.gif

I couldn''t resist...so GO YANKEES!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results