shape
carat
color
clarity

I did it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SteveL

Rough_Rock
I proposed and she said yes. The detailed story is below:

The ring came in last night, a few days early, so I immediately went to pick it up after work. Now I had to set the proposal up, so luckily she had a meeting after work. I kept calling her as I was on my way home to see how far along she was on her way home. I could tell she was getting annoyed but I needed time to set up. I determined that I had enough time to get a single long-stemmed rose on the way home. Perfect!

I get home and she’s just over five minutes away. I throw the ring in the sharper image ultra-sonic cleaner and let it go for a cycle. I mean the ring already looked really clean, but I wanted to make sure it looked extra sparkly. I had bought a personalized heart ornament on which I hung the ring. The ornament said “Tina Will You Marry Me/Love Always And Forever/-Steve” written over 3 lines. As she pulled up the driveway the cleaning cycle just finished so I rushed the ring into a spare bedroom. I already had the ornament out and hidden by the jewelry cleaner under a towel. Luckily she forgot to grab the extra towel for her hair as she headed towards the shower. While she showered I hung the ornament with the ring attached to the tree. Once she came out of the shower and finished dressing I called her downstairs stating that I had something to show her. I said, “Look I got a special ornament for you.” She walked up to the tree and saw it and then she just stared at it for about 10 seconds. At this time I got down on one knee and grabbed the rose, remember the one I bought on the way home, I had stashed out of sight and put it in my mouth. She turned to me and I asked her, “Tina, will you marry me?” She replied, “Are you serious? Is this for real, babe?” I joke with her all the time about marriage and staging fake (very obviously not real and joking) proposals to throw her off, so she wanted to be sure it was real. I told her it was real. She said she loved me and kissed me and hugged me and said yes.
We called a bunch of people and told them. Right now we are just so happy and in such a state of bliss. I never knew that it would feel this good. We don’t have a date yet but we will soon.

FYI, I got the stone with help from this site from James Allen. The ring is a Scott Kay.
You can see it here: http://www.scottkay.com/bridal/products.aspx?categoryId=92&products=y

It is absolutely gorgeous and we both love it. I’m just so happy right now.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~How sweet!!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Very sweet and memorable proposal! lol..it''s funny because I replied the exact same way to my FI when he proposed. I KNEW he was serious but I was just caught off guard, luckily I LOVE surprises!
36.gif

Congratulations and happy planning!
1.gif

SteveL

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

We''re just so happy right now. Now, all we have to do is set a date.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! What a great proposal!!! Congrats to both of you!!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!
That is a great proposal story. For some reason I could not get the link to see the ring?
Any ideas on when you will set the big day!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
nice proposal Idea, I hope other people saw it because it something that people may try. I like the ring, is she happy with it, was it a good buying experience?
(the reason that I ask these questions is that I am in the same boat and going to be proposing to my GF in the New Year)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results