shape
carat
color
clarity

how to hide an e-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

raz91

Rough_Rock
Hi, so I am getting ready to propose (at long last)! She is coming to see me and we''re going to go off to an old town and explore, and then I''ve made a dinner reservation in a lighthouse where it''ll just be the two of us. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to carry the e-ring around during the day? I have it in a jewelry box but I''m worried that if she hugs me, it''ll stick out and be really obvious. Plus, the jewelry box doesn''t exactly fit in a pocket ... :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In your sock :razz: Just kidding!

I think my fiance kept his in his coat jacket, and just didn''t wear the coat since it was such a nice day out. So when I hugged him, he never had the coat one so I wasn''t that suspicious.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
What about a little silk bag? The kind that pearls are stored in? They are maybe 2 x 2 inches, some have a zipper in them and all have a foldover flap that snaps. It should hide the ring rather smoothly in a pocket. If you are really nervous, you could safety pin the silk bag into the pocket and then put the ring in and zip up the bag.

Maybe talk to your jewelry store to see if they have such a thing. Otherwise, oriental markets frequently have them near jewelry displays.

Good luck with your proposal. She will love whatever you decide!

Julie

lexychoo

Rough_Rock
I don''t think you need anything too complicated. Just slip it inside your jacket pocket. It won''t fall out. Just don''t flare it around or anything and you should be fine.
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:40:30 PM
Author: lexychoo
I don't think you need anything too complicated. Just slip it inside your jacket pocket. It won't fall out. Just don't flare it around or anything and you should be fine.
2.gif

I really wouldn't recommend that. Seams have holes in pockets you can't see ALL the time-it's just too risky-rings are small.

I also think a bag that zips (even a ziplock as long as you take it out before you propose!) are good choices. I also would probably use a diaper (i.e. LARGE) safety pin and pin it inside the pocket you are storing it in-but I am neurotic.

Whatever you do-make sure it's insured before you bring it out!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
It has to be easily accessible with one hand. If you have to fumble around with flaps, buttons, strings, etc. the surprise would be lost. Just check your pocket to make sure there are no tears/holes. And keep that pocket only for the ring so you shdn''t be stuffing hankies, or receipts etc. Only stick your hand into that pocket when you want to retrieve the ring, stay clear of it at other times. Good luck cuz it sounds like a beautiful dinner proposal...

BB2

Rough_Rock
I''ve been wondering the same - especially since I''m planning a summer proposal and will likely be in a t-shirt and shorts. They make those ring boxes so big now too.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with the bag. A small jewelry bag would do and just be sure to check your pockets for any holes or anything. How long do you plan on holding onto the ring? Are you going to propose right away or carry it around with you for quite some time. If it quite some time, I definitely would say put it in a bag, then later in the day you can take it out of the bag. (Excuse yourself to bathroom or when she is distracted). This way you know it is safe and you are sweating bullets the whole time.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
If one of you wear contact lenses, the case would be ideal, or develop a breath mint habit and use an Altoids tin.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
An altoids tin sounds great! But remember to give her one if she asks and don''t let her get it for herself. LOL!

Hey my fiance hid the ring for almost half of our vacation in his snorkeling bag inside the mask! ha!

8Yrs and Counting

Rough_Rock
I agree with not having to fiddle with zippers, and buttons...especially when you will probably be a bit nervous.

you should make sure your pants have deep pockets and (if you are savvy with a needle and thread) quadruple layer soe thread and sew extra reinforcement into the luck pocket.....then....don''t do so much jumping
1.gif

also LOVE the altoids tin idea...doubles as breath freshner for the kiss you will surely have after she says YES!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results