shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!! Getting Ready to Buy That RING A or B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2457h

Rough_Rock

Dear All

You must have heard this many times, but i am about to make that commitment of a lifetime. I have been doing the research and of course its driving me crazy, I have come to terms that the "CUT" needs to be "IDEAL" but then realized its not just a matter of Table or Depth but other IDEALS, such as 1A 1B and all this info from Sarin Reports to H&A and AGS. I am planning to spend a good amount of hard earn money on someone I love very much so Quality in terms of peace of mind is major issue. Here is my CRITERIA for the diamond

MUST HAVE GIA

COLOR: F and above

CARAT: around 1.30 (up or down .05)

CLARITY: VS2 and above

CUT: TOP IDEAL

I have some options i am down too, please help me choose.

A) 1.31 D VS2 EX EX IDEAL T56 D61.3 11k

SARIN REPORT: crown angle 34.1 Crown height 14.5 Pavil Angle 34.1 Pavil depth 43.3 Cutlet None Girdle Medium

B) 1.27 F VS1 EX EX IDEAL T56 D61.7 10k

SARIN REPORT: crown angle 35.3 Crown height 15.1 Pail Angle 41.3 pavil dept 43.7 Culet None Girdle Thin

Please help me decide which one will have the most sparks and fire and brilliance for my wife to be. Thanks you.

2457h

33.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock

Hi 2457h,

First off, your questions will probably get a lot more of the expert''s attention if you post t;his on Rocky Talk. That is where all te details stone analysis and questions are, so that''s where they check.

My 2cents is that you have a typo in the pavilion angle on the first stone, so who knows, but the second stone looks pretty steep and deep, which isn''t good normally. You might try running the numbers through the HCA cut analysis to see what they come out. (I don''t have time to do that right now -- it is under the Tools header above.)

Also, one thing to ay attention to that isn''t obvious when you first get started is the diameter measurements. They are a good indicator of if it is the appropriate size for it''s weight. Diameter is the indicator of how big a stone will look, not carat. Carat is a weight, and often poorly cut stones will hide weight an lok small for their size, but you still pay for it, and vis versa.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results