shape
carat
color
clarity

have a simple proposal at home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceguymr

Rough_Rock
My GF and I planned a trip to Jamaica for next week about 6 months ago. I decided I wanted to propose to her on this trip about 2 months ago. One would think that I spent a lot of money for this proposal, but we were already going to take the trip regardless. It''s just an added bonus that we''ll be getting engaged while we''re away.

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
I say people are entitled to do whatever they want. I love a good proposal story...simple or extravagant!

My story: We went out for dinner then took a walk along the rocks by the ocean. He popped the question as the sun was setting. Simple, but a beautiful and perfect moment.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I've got two new perfect simple proposal fantasies:
1) He makes breakfast, maybe pancakes in the shape of a lumpy heart with strawberries and real maple syrup. And sets the table nicely with roses from his garden. Maybe puts the ring on the roses. This would be great any day, but simply perfect for my birthday or our anniversary. This would show some serious planning and initiative since he's not what you call a morning person and I usually wake up first.

2) Goes down on one knee in the middle of a firework show on the fourth of july. That would totally, unbeatably perfect. And there would still be planning involved to get up to the show in time for a good spot.

Both are simple, cheap, and super romantic.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I would want is evidence of planning. I want to know that he put thought and effort into making the proposal a memorable one for both of us.

THAT SAID.....what did I get?? Well, not exactly what I had hoped and dreamed of!
20.gif
He proposed while we were waiting on a street corner for the restaurant valet to pull our car around. No bended knee, no speech, no ring, nothing. Just "You know I love you, right? Will you marry me?" Very to-the-point and not at all romantic! Oh well. But 6 years later we''re still married and going strong, so that''s all that counts!
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My ring is now bought and being made, so the official waiting for the proposal will be on soon... I''m really hoping he will do something that is simple, romantic and "us". We are talking about getting married at my parents'' house in the beautiful Laurentians, Qc, Canada, so a proposal here would be very meaningful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results