shape
carat
color
clarity

Forget about the Hollywood proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spear

Rough_Rock
face21.gif
Whe all have seen countless proposals at the movies, and some of them are not half bad.

But the worsts is the old, engagement ring hidden in the cake, proposal.

Sure if you catch your girlfriend of guard, it can be very romantic.

But what if you don''t catch her at all, and she takes a bite at a diamond (which just happens to be the hardest substance known to man).

You would have to marry a woman with no teeth then.

How is that for a Hollywood ending?

An engagement ring in a glass of champaighn is fine, but please please please.....
Do not ask the waiter to hide it in her food.

What should be the happiest moment of her life, can soon become a disaster that would pretty much spoil your chances of living happily ever after, just like they do in the movies.
face22.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I have to stop laughing to type. Spear, it is so true!! I think Hollywood engagements are great for the MOVIES but in real life they usually fall flat.. Thanks for lifting my spirits and giving me a good laugh!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
*bump*
9.gif

It seems like a lot of guys have spring fever and are popping the question.

Please don't put the brand new, gorgeous, sparkly ring in food! If you really think that that is the perfect proposal for you and your girlfriend, then I think you should do it. But if you are brainstorming for ideas, please avoid food
2.gif
9.gif
Not only is there the dental risk, but how many people do you know take a brand new, clean, sparkly object (for example: a car) that they just bought and then cover it in gook? Yes, of course it can be cleaned later, but your girlfriend might not get to see the diamond's maximum sparkle and beauty until it is properly cleaned.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a big proponent of keepign it fairly simple and flexible. Less stuff to go wrong. And yeah, food is a horrible idea. Totally dirties the stone which covers up the sparkles.

But still, I''d use the Hollywood proposals as something to shoot for. You want it to be memorable. May not be as elaborate, but you want it to be memorable. For the right reasons! Never underestimate how good a horrible idea will sound to a guy. My best man proposed using a coupon. Yes, a coupon saying "good for one ring." I''m sorry dude (if you read this). You''re one of my best friends and funny and all, but that''s not a good idea. Your fiance even says so on your wedding webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results