shape
carat
color
clarity

Down to the WIRE... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tazman282

Rough_Rock
I have been dating my girl friend for 2 yrs now and I have been in the works of getting her a ring for quite some time now. She knows I have the stone but has no idea I have it mounted etc. We have been looking for a while so I knew what she wanted but have been making up excuses of how I can't afford it right now. Works like a charm.

Two years ago tomarrow for some stupid reason I told her that I would marry her on May 8th 2004. We were just joking around at a baseball game. We were only together a short while and just kidding around but here we are at May 7th 2004. I know that this is in the back of her head. I have been trying to get the jewler to have the ring done by this week for months now but he has been busy or some other reason etc. The setting had to be made for the ring due to size and shape. But then he calls me up this past Monday and said that if I was good he would have it by today. So I have a ring with no proposal. He kinda caught me by surpirse and I was not ready for this but to me it just makes it that much better because it truly is ment to be. She knows of this date and has mentioned it to me just recently so I know it is on her mind. I know she wants to be surprised and doesn't want to know it is coming. I am going to leave for dinner with her parents in a little while so I hope to hear from some of you when I get back.

The thoughts I have are
A. Going out for Icecream at Mcdonalds (which was the first place we eat together)(Cheap Date) late at night lets say 10:30 or so and then going down to the beach and just talking about life in general etc. We used to do this all the time but haven't done it in a while. Then getting into how much she means to me and then just pop the question sometime after midnight so it falls in the line with the whole 8th thing.

B. This would be 300 miles away from here family at my families place, because we had planned to go there for sometime now. I was thinking about renting a kayak and paddling out to one of the many islands around the area and watching the sun set and asking her then. The only problem with this idea is she will probably see right through me and assume that is what will happen.

Sorry about all the grammar mistakes trying to type fast because I need to get ready to go...

Thanks in advance for any help you may give me.

By the way I am from Daytona Beach FL and I would be going to Saint Petersburg FL.

One more thing.
Is the box opening part of it important to women. I was thinking about just giving her the ring due to the fact of concealing it. I wouldn't want her to accidently catch a quick feel and ruin everything. She would make a good detective if it ment finding a hidden ring...

Tazman282

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the reply's guy's...

I guess I am on my own on this one...

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
What about at a baseball game?

I wasn't propose to with a box. The ring was sufficient enough.
wink2.gif

Why not shake it up a bit & take her to a romantic restaurant? Edited to add: In the long term, does she really want to remember McyD's

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I think my reply comes too late, but.....

I like your idea of just walking along the beach and talking about life in general. I live in Southern California and I know how nice the beach/ocean can be at night. I'm also partial to simple proposals. They just feel like they mean more than those huge productions. You don't have to put on a whole silly play.

I agree with FI. Not sure if I'd want McDonalds to be part of my engagement memories. I would much rather prefer a nice dinner and then a walk along the beach. You're timing is pretty cute.

Good luck tonight whatever you do and please give us an update!

Tazman282

Rough_Rock
Well I decided on the beach idea and it went great. I will start a new thread with all the details in a few days. Still trying to figure out how to get some good pictures with my crappy digital camera.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results