shape
carat
color
clarity

Cubs game proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
My girlfriend (of 5 years) and I are HUGE Cubs fans and I got her tickets to her first cubs game at wrigley field for her b-day. I have contacted the Cubs two times trying to see about proposing to her in the middle of the game. I''ve seen people do it on the dugouts before so I know they do allow people to do it. Do any of you know any contacts to like the Public Relations or something maybe. I have had no contact back from them whatsoever. If I cannot get this proposal idea to workout I will probably do it in Millennium Park or Navy Pier....not sure which...thanks for any help

jgrant999

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I had the same idea. I actually just got off the phone with the Wrigley Field box office. They told me that they don''t do wedding engagements at all. The dude was kind of an a**hole personally!! Either way it SUCKS!!! That is and has been my only idea for years!! NOW WHAT TO DO??? Good luck

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband suggests perhaps taking out an ad in the program book. Or hire a plane to fly a "Will You Marry Me?" banner overhead. Just a couple ideas.
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I''m assuming you had also asked them about the classic scoreboard proposal? That''s always a goodie.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well firstbase, I would think as much as the Cubs unfortunately suck this year (and my husband and I are huge Cubs fans and live in the west burbs), that they would be begging for some good PR via proposals, etc. Sorry to hear the guy was an a$$hole to ya. Now, my question is...does this have to be an entirely huge public proposal at the game???? If not, what''s so wrong with proposing during the game in the stands, at your seats???? Could you possibly make a huge sign without her knowing that would get you on t.v.? I''m willing to bet if your seats are within camera shot you might make the news! Hmmm...I will ask my hubby if he has any thoughts. June 17th, right? I saw you mention in another of your threads that was your proposal/game date, I think. It''s a Tuesday, unfortunately, and we are both working or we''d come downtown and help you out with pics! Best of luck, I''ll try to get back to you on this.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
It''s June 27th Cubs vs. the Brewers. We always manage to see the Cubs vs. Brewers some how...we went to see the Cubs play in Mesa, AZ for spring break last season and they were playing them and then I bought the tickets for this game for her b-day I was like HOLY CRAP THE BREWERS AGAIN!?!? Usually no matter what it''s a good game....anyway....

I got a hold of the Cubs yesterday about proposing at the game...i was very polite and simply asked if I could receive any information in regards to proposing at a game or something to that extent. The lady on the other end of the phone who seemed not so excited to work for the Cubs simply said..."We dont'' do that." I was like ummmmmm ok thanks and hung up. I guess when you work for almost the worst team in baseball you dont'' get excited about your job anymore.

But...I am wondering which would be better...Millennium Park or Navy Pier.

Millennium park has the nice green grass and the picture perfect background of all the plants and a little bit of the buildings behind it....while Navy Pier could have more of the skyline behind us...I have also heard there are some quite gardens that have good privacy around them...so if someone from here would meet us in the quite gardens in some of the churches in the area and stuff....that would be pretty sweet because we would be in privacy and still get all the pics from it....if ya get any ideas let me know!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scoreboard Greetings: To make that special event even more memorable, fans may request a scoreboard message for a $25.00 donation to Cubs Care Charities. Send your request in writing to Cubs Message Board Operator, 1060 West Addison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60613 or call (773) 404 - 2827. Please allow at least three weeks prior to the game desired. Bear in mind the number of messages per game is limited and are available on a first come first served basis.

I got that little snippet from the cubs website. It doesn''t say anything about marriage proposals, but maybe you could get creative? Fenway Park will totally let you do proposals for $100! Too bad you''re not a Boston fan, lol!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Millenium park also has some garden-like areas with winding paths (near the Bean by the giant water pool with the Faces sculptures.) Or is that Grant Park...I get them confused. There are beautiful spots there...it''s been a year since I''ve been there, but as I recall, it''s a beautiful place.

Sorry to sound like I''m talking in code, but it may be worth checking them out.

Jas

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
how about on the ferris wheel or at the dock at navy pier in the evening when they do fireworks (i think they have fireworks on friday and saturday evenings?) . ahh on the ferris wheel would be neat, if you made sure you didnt accidnetaly drop the ring!! :)

navy pier gets more carnival like though i think in the summer whereas millenium park is less so.

you could also go on a sunset boat ride over by navy pier and do it.

i was looking for you also and you can totally propose at the US Cellular White Sox thing for $43. but i didnt find about Cubs. thats too bad.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
the #1 thing she hates besides onions is heights...i guess the last time she went on a ferris wheel she was like 12 and cried the entire time because her younger sister kept shaking the cart...soooo she would probably say no to that....

and the cubs game starts at 7:05 and the sun doesn''t set until like 7:30-8:30.....

I totally know what your''e talking about at Millineium park about the gardens....i have seen that before but we never walked through it...

Are there any gardens or fancy churches near Gino''s East? I know it''s about 2 or so miles from Millineium park so it''s just a cheap taxi ride.

The location for the Gino''s East we would go to is...633 N. Wells St. (Ontario and Wells)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
also..about the scoreboard thing....i''m not sure if our seats would be a good view of the scoreboard.....they''re 18 rows back in the 200 section to the left of homeplate...sooo i don''t think we could see the scoreboard that well

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so have we established that a proposal at Wrigley is out, as well as Navy Pier? In that case, my next thought would be to do it at Gino''s. Could you possibly get them to send you a menu in which you could write "will you marry me" or whatever in? Hmmm. If I were your girlfriend, being proposed to at your favorite pizza place would make such a great story to tell the grandkids, since it''s a special place for you two.

**newsflash** I just read about Gino''s East online (have never been there). Firstbase, why don''t you grafitti your proposal on the wall??? Their walls are said to be covered with customer grafitti, so I bet they would let you do a marriage proposal!
36.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
we live over 150 miles from Chicago so I couldn''t go up there before hand and do it myself but maybe someone at the restaurant could do it....but you have just hit some imagination button in my head....

I do like the menu idea...

hm...my thoughts are perculating :)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
also another GREAT idea I have received from work is....

ok here''s the story behind it...we went to Gino''s one time and ordered a small pizza and since it''s so thick we only ate 1 peice each and there was half a pizza left...they packed it for us and we didn''t look in it to see how they packed it but noticed that the pizza didnt'' slide around and they had to ahve put some sort of stuffing in there to keep it from sliding....so we''re walking back to the train station to go back to our college and this homeless guy asks for our leftovers and i out of nowhere said "Sorry we''re giving it to our kids." and we kept walking....she looked at me like i''m an idiot because 1 we''re in college and that was a lame excuse....2 WE''RE NOT MARRIED AND HAVEN''T ..WELL....i''m going to be a youth pastor and she''s going to be a children''s pastor...so we haven''t "signed the contract" if you know what i mean....so we walk to the train station and we''re ALMOST down the stairs and i see a guy with no legs in a wheel chair and give him my pizza because i felt bad for lying to the guy who asked for it earlier....after awhile i''m like DANGIT WE DIDN''T GET TO SEE HOW THE PIZZA WAS PACKED!...........so now that you know that background lol.....

I was given the idea of going to the restroom and giving the waitress the box with the ring in it and making sure there are leftovers and having them put the ring inside the box and at the table before we leave being like....LET''S CHECK AND SEE HOW THEY PACKED IT!! Then when I open the box I''ll get down on a knee and start the speech and then eventually grab the box and show her the ring...

what ya think?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
ahhhhh i got it.....i have them put the ring in the box....and then somehow have them safely put it in the pizza box....we could get a taxi to Millineium park to sit around and then I could be like ...."we''ve always wanted to see how they pack these boxes, let''s do it now before I give it away." Then I could start to open it and stop right before it opens and start my speech about her...then I could get down on a knee and open the box where the ring in the box would be sitting and I could grab the ring box and ask her then.......

Does this sound retarded? lol.....i mean the ring box would probably forever smell of greesey chicago style pizza.....but what do you think?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don''t trust someone else with the ring.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
here''s another idea i came up with......

Navy Pier has this place called...

Faces In Focus Caricatures
(312) 595-5514
Humorous cartoon art, illustrations and portraits.

Has anyone ever been there or had a caricature done? I could call ahead and ask them to draw our picture but when they do it have it drawn so that I''m proposing to her...so that when we get up to look at it she can look first and i''ll get on a knee and propose....what ya guys think?

It avoids any risk of pizza or anything.....and it''d be a ton of fun i think.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
i wouldn''t put the ring in food, but that''s my personal preference. i also wouldn''t give it to someone to put in food.

the sun doesn''t set in Chicago til like 9 in the summer by the way.

maybe you should make sure more that what you say is meaningful and great and not try to come up with really complicated clever things?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
So having a caricature done is difficult? We had one done at a high school event one time and all you do is sit there...it would be on navy pier right by the lake and we could get pictures taken by the water and stuff..doesn''t sound very difficult to me....the cubs game starts at 7:05...that means it will get over around 10:00 or 10:30.....and by the time we get out of the stadium and downtown...it could be around midnight....so anything with the sun would have to be eliminated because we would be getting to the game at like 5:00ish

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
i didnt mean difficult, i meant complicated. how would you make clear to the charicaturist person what you wanted him to do without having her know about it?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
I believe that''s a store at Navy Pier...so I could call the store and talk to the guy myself before we go up there...i''m sure he would have no problem doing it whatsoever.....when we had it done the person drew our faces and asked what our hobbies were and had us doing that....she was pretty good at it too...so we would both be sitting and he would draw us and then once she got up I would bend to a knee by the drawing and propose...sounds a ton better than proposing in a pizza place or with pizza

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
yes, it DOES sound a lot better than the pizza!!!

i was confused i think cause when ive been to Navy pier there are a lot of people outdoors drawing charicatures that dont actually belong to a store i dont think.

good luck :)

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
I got an e-mail this weekend from a person in chicago that does the whole charicature thing. I looked at osme of her art and she looks pretty good at it...like REALLY good....she said she would meet me at Navy Pier or any place that I wished and would do the whole thing for $50. Do you guys think this sounds decently well? There''s a place on Navy Pier that does it and I''m going to call them and see what kind of prices they do. If they''re around that price I''ll probably go with this lady because she seems more professional and everythign and even if I want to do it at Millennium park she can do it there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results