shape
carat
color
clarity

critique my proposal idea

unknown00

Rough_Rock
first off let me say i'm not considered to be a "romantic" guy lol

the plan is to go to a fancy dinner. then after dinner go to either a local fountain or waterfall landmark. if it's a fountain, i would have to contact the owner in advance to make sure someone can make sure water is shooting out. the waterfall is nice, but the local one is pretty cliche and is a popular tourist area. overall, it would be in a romantic area. then we would get all lovey dovey and talk about stuff and i would ask "wouldn't it be nice if our dog (our cute little daughter) was here with us?". she would probably say yes

meanwhile, i would get a family member to go home, get our dog, and hide somewhere by the landmark. since it's dark (remember this is after dinner), my gf nor i would be able to see them. then after my gf says "yes it would be nice that our dog is here" i would say "let me show you a magic trick" or something and i would scream out my dog's name and call for her. my dog will come out of no where running to us with the ring attached to her collar and i would ask her then. then added bonus the family member is there to take pictures

thoughts? am i missing anything?

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds beautiful to me.

I assume your dog Always comes to you when called, right? Just make sure to tie that ring on there well - but not so hard you can't get it off your dog, and onto your fiance's finger.

Are there any more private fountains around you?

unknown00

Rough_Rock
iota15|1393876920|3626632 said:
It sounds beautiful to me.

I assume your dog Always comes to you when called, right? Just make sure to tie that ring on there well - but not so hard you can't get it off your dog, and onto your fiance's finger.

Are there any more private fountains around you?
yes my dog always comes when i call her and usually after she (my dog) sees us after being away from awhile she gets real excited and always comes running over. i'm not worried about that

i have considered private fountains but after doing research it's not as romantic as the waterfall. i will have to visit some of these other places in person. a lot of the private fountains are like office settings, or one even in a zoo. the waterfall is by a park. i'm thinking of doing this during a weekday (not weekend) to avoid a possibly tourist crowd, just need to make sure the waterfall is still illuminated during weekdays

noexpert

Rough_Rock
Hmm, I'm not expert but IDK about this idea. I'm sure she'll be happy with just the fact that you are proposing but most women want to be wowed and swept off their feet

Like, you should have something romantic going on and that you put a lot of effort / thoughtfulness into the proposal - your dog coming and a waterfall doesn't really require that you do MUCh, you know. I hate to sound so critical but you did say to critique it

You might want to check out this book: How to propose without screwing it up - 50 common mistakes you won't know you're making and how to avoid them on amazon or http://www.wowproposals.com

The book talks about doing the little things, which add up and make the moment very special: You should definitely remember to get down on one knee and have a speech prepared. You should have a photographer who is taking pictures, some element of music is always good, performances even better - if you can mix music and performance, like where you stroll by random people playing and then they start playing your song. Find a way to relate the proposal to special moments of your relationship

Ok I've rambled on enough. Good luck in creating the perfect proposal that she will want to tell all her friends!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results