shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago Propsal Caricature Navy Pier

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
My soon to be fiance and I are going to the Cubs game on June 27th. We''re going to check into our hotel and take the El down to downtown and then go to Navy Pier. Once we get to Navy Pier we''re going to walk all the way down to the end. It''ll be a Tuesday so I''m guessing Navy Pier will be pretty empty. I am in the process of setting up having a Caricature artist meet us on Navy Pier and draw our picture. I have already worked some of the details out but what I am going to do is have the artist draw us but instead of it being her sitting on my lap I am having her draw me proposing to her. I''m going to ask the artist to take our picture before she shows it to us and then when we get up to look at it I''m going to stand behind my future fiance and wait for her to turn around and look at me and then I''ll start telling her all the things she means to me and then I''ll get down on a knee and propose.
I''m only asking the artist to take our picture before we see it so that she can have the camera close to her so she can take pictures while I''m asking her to marry me and then a few pictures after when we hug and kiss. The caricature artist is going to be like $50...do you think that''s fair? They usually charge $150/ hr. and she said it''d take about 20 minutes to do ours. After that we''re going to Gino''s East to enjoy our FAVORITE pizza in the world and then to the Cubs game
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firstbase, I think your proposal idea sounds fabulous. I know you''ve put a lot of thought into it and it seems like you really care about making this a very special evening for your beloved. I think $50 sounds like a very fair price for the caricature (do you need to give her a tip as well? I don''t know how those things work...) and I think your idea of holding your fiancee-to-be in your lap while having the artist draw you proposing is fantastic!

I wouldn''t worry TOO much about the pictures, though. It will be a very emotionally charged few minutes, and the artist may not be able to capture perfectly what you have in mind (she is a caricaturist, not a photographer, after all.) Be sure to pay her up front so you don''t have to worry about all that after you propose. Also, there will probably be at least a couple people around who you can ask to take you and your new fiancee''s picture. I''m just thinking sometimes things don''t go exactly as you envision them and I hope you''re able to roll with everything just in case.

I think it will be a beautiful proposal, though. And to top it off, you get to take her to Wrigley Field, and then your favorite pizza place in Chicago! How romantic and special for you, and you will have the drawing to commemorate the evening.

Have you thought about lugging the drawing around with you for the evening? Would it be possible for you to make a pit stop back to your hotel room to drop it off? Maybe you could have a bottle of champagne set up in your room to toast the event with? Just thinking ahead for ya, lol!!!

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:40:46 PM
Author: monarch64
Firstbase, I think your proposal idea sounds fabulous. I know you''ve put a lot of thought into it and it seems like you really care about making this a very special evening for your beloved. I think $50 sounds like a very fair price for the caricature (do you need to give her a tip as well? I don''t know how those things work...) and I think your idea of holding your fiancee-to-be in your lap while having the artist draw you proposing is fantastic!

I wouldn''t worry TOO much about the pictures, though. It will be a very emotionally charged few minutes, and the artist may not be able to capture perfectly what you have in mind (she is a caricaturist, not a photographer, after all.) Be sure to pay her up front so you don''t have to worry about all that after you propose. Also, there will probably be at least a couple people around who you can ask to take you and your new fiancee''s picture. I''m just thinking sometimes things don''t go exactly as you envision them and I hope you''re able to roll with everything just in case.

I think it will be a beautiful proposal, though. And to top it off, you get to take her to Wrigley Field, and then your favorite pizza place in Chicago! How romantic and special for you, and you will have the drawing to commemorate the evening.

Have you thought about lugging the drawing around with you for the evening? Would it be possible for you to make a pit stop back to your hotel room to drop it off? Maybe you could have a bottle of champagne set up in your room to toast the event with? Just thinking ahead for ya, lol!!!
We will only have to lug the drawing around to pizza and we could show it to our waitress and maybe we would get a free desert or appetizer or something out of it lol....who knows...also after we eat and are done downtown we are going to take the El back to the hotel and drop our stuff off and get ready for the Cubs game. We''re going to go down to the game early and try to catch some BP homeruns. I don''t think we would have to tip the lady because she does it for a living and she told me it would be $50. So I wouldn''t think a tip would be required since everything she would be given would be going to her. Also the champagne would be a no go because I turn 21 in Nov. and she''ll turn 19 a day before I propose. I wonder if there would be any place to get like virgin strawberry daiquiris. I do know there is a TON of clubs and bars open after the games.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering when you think the wedding might be.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
After school next May....I''ll only have 12 hrs. both semesters of school so i''ll have plenty of time to work for that year

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love your proposal idea...unique, surprising, romantic....thoughtful....very nice!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
first base, it all sounds great, and I will admit I forgot you guys weren''t 21 yet. I''m sure any place who serves alcohol can and will accomodate you as far as daiquiries, etc. Ooops! Shame on me for assuming you were both of age!

Anyway, your proposal sounds so fun and unique. I just thought of the tip thing because I''ve been downtown so many times and even though most service people give you an up-front fee, I think they still expect a tip of some sort, so it would probably be a good idea for you to figure in 20% at the most to give to the artist or whomever you''re paying with cash. (So an extra $10 to the caricature artist for sure).

Of course this is just my opinion, but I did ask my DH, who lived downtown for five yeas before I met him, and he says there is always that standard 20% tip, no matter what. Take it for what it''s worth--it''s your decision in the end.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you and your fiancee to be, and best wishes! Please let us know how it goes, and we would of course, love to see hand pics, or for that matter, all kinds of pics from your engagement!!! Luck to the Cubs, whoo@!!!!!!
36.gif
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well that''s a total bummer - his stuff is amazing. I can see why you''d want him to do the drawing. Anybody else that''s local?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tap tap...it''s Tuesday. Any news of the ring, yet?

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
actually...i e-mailed JA yesterday.....twice...and didn''t get any word about it...sooo that''s kind of frustrating

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
got an e-mail from JA today....it''s shipping tonight...should get it tomorrow..... WOO HOO :) I''ll try to post some pics tomorrow of it..

Also, that guy i listed above that i wanted to do my caricature...was gonna charge $500 at the cheapest to do it...unles you guys wanna chip in and pay for it....he''s not gonna do it lol....i talked to a lady who would do it for $50 and agreed to meet me at Navy Pier...the only thing is my girlfriend doesn''t want to go to Navy Pier or Millinium Park....so I am going to have to find a place that the lady could tell us she was a student needing to do some practice drawlings or something.......ya guys know any places?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results