shape
carat
color
clarity

Aussie travelling to LA: Proposal Ideas??

LBY00T

Rough_Rock
In addition to my other idea posted about Whitsunday Islands proposal, I am also travelling to Kentucky and also LA later this year, and have had a few hints dropped that this might be a special time to propose . . . . SO . . . . Where and how?

I am worried I lose home ground advantage and wont be able to plan something as well if I do this while travelling, but realise there would be heaps of special places and ideas for while we are away.

So let me have them!! :read: :confused:

We are spending some time in Kentucky at the World Equestrian games, then back to LA for a few days. Planning on doing the usual tourist type places like Disneyland and Universal Studios, and Hollywood tours also. I am thinking maybe a Santa Monica pier or similar type of idea? She is a bit of a celebrity fan and loves shows like The Hills etc. It would need to be somewhat private rather than a big public proposal, but I wanted it to be a well planned big deal :love:

I am open up to anything really - but need a few 'local' ideas and experiences!

Cheers,
Leigh

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pier is not really romantic. I don't think of LA is somewhere I'd go to propose, unless you had some kind of nostalgic connection to the city. I like disneyland, though

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Leigh!

As to proposal places, I'd have to agree LA is not really considered that romantic, I'm from Sydney and have been in LA for a number of years and I can't seem to think of many places that would be suitable... I do recommend perhaps a day trip to Catalina Island (it's very pretty and not that far, there are many boats daily from multiple departure points), here's the official tourism website http://www.catalinachamber.com/catalina/

All the best!

Samara83

Rough_Rock
While LA may not be "romantic", it is obviously a place that your gf is fascinated with - esp. if she follows all those LA shows. SO...what i'm saying is that LA would be the perfect place to propose to her. And you can totally make it romantic!!
I would suggest taking her to one of the trendy restaurants that she's probably seen on TV. She'll get so excited. If you like sushi then try to book at Katsuya or Geisha House. Or, you could go to STK or BOA which are both steak places. BOA is in Santa Monica so you could always follow up with a walk along the beach. The pier is tacky - don't go there. If she's really into the toursist-y stuff, why don't you plan a special day for her? You could take her shopping on Robertson Blvd (you'll def. spot some stars) and then finish the day with your special dinner and propose afterward? Maybe on the beach?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results