shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone propose in Hong Kong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mvyoung2

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody,

So here''s the deal. My girlfriend and I have been serious for 3 years and I think it''s time to pop the question. Our situation is a little bit different then most because for the summer she was away in Minnesota doing an internship and now she''s in HK studying abroad. So between May and December we will spend a grand total of 4 weeks together! Crazy huh? And while most people vouch that long distance relationships don''t work out in the end I can honestly say that this experience has made the heart grow fonder!

So I''m planning on flying out to Hong Kong the last 2 weeks she''s there and propose to her. Details are fuzzy at the moment but I''m thinking after a nice dinner we''d head back to our room and propose to her on our balcony overlooking Hong Kong harbor. For those who''ve not seen the harbor it looks like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hong_Kong_at_night.jpg.

So what do you think? Any suggestions? Criticism is always accepted so if you have a better idea or location around hk please help me out! The only other places we''re going to are around some of the Buddhist monuments and Macau.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I heart Hong Kong. It has a special place with me because that''s where I was born and I''ve visited it pretty much every year since I immigrated to the state with my family when I was two.

I think the proposal overlooking the harbor is lovely. As an alternative, you can propose at Victoria''s Peak, which is also a beautiful location that overlooks Hong Kong. Or, during a ferry ride across harbor. It''s totally old fashioned, as there are other faster ways across the harbor, but I just love that ferry ride.

Also, my cousin told me about a junk boat ride that only tourists can take. You can check it out on http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/heritage/ck/he_ckto_dukl.jhtml I''ve been meaning to go on it but was never able to get the timing right.

If you go to Macau, there''s the famous ruins of the St. Paul''s cathedral.

I''m sure I can think of more locations but it''s just escaping me right now. If they come to me, I''ll post again.

mvyoung2

Rough_Rock
junk boat? brilliant! I didn''t even think about that!

The ferry is something to consider too..

yeah I''m pretty excited about doing this since it''ll be the first time I''ve gone back to the mother-land.

thanks again for the advise~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results