shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I taking the wrong approach??????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
Okay I need some help with a proposal idea.

Here is a little background

I am in the Air Force stationed in Virginia and my girlfriend is living in Houston going to school. Well last week I found out that I have an assignment to England and will have to move early next year. She knows that I wouldn’t go to England without her so I think she knows a proposal is coming. My plan is to fly out to Houston in a couple of weeks and make it look as if I came to propose but I really want to string her along a little first. I’m curious if anyone knows some ways of stringing her along and making her think that I’m going to propose to her. I thoughts some things that I could do would be go to the Houston Zoo which was where we went on out first date and make a point of keep brining that up. Then I thought later that night I could take her to her favorite restaurant and make it a romantic night out but never pop the question. I’m still having trouble figuring out a way to finally ask her. I know this sounds funny but I have been so preoccupied with figuring out ways to not ask her I haven’t figured out a way to ask her. Can you guys please help me out

gfunk3546

Rough_Rock
hey man i'm in the same situation and i dunno how i got here but i've been looking on line for ideas to ask her and i've thought of all the ways not to and lead her on like i'm going to but i haven't thought had to. i'm in ft bragg NC with the army let me know if anyone reply with any ideas. help two military guys please...!!!!!!!!

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a good plan. After two false starts, I'd propose before the night was over. Some girls can get a bit unhappy after their hopes are let down.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
As a woman, I have to say honestly that I'm not a fan of your plan.....I think you ARE taking the wrong approach.

I understand wanting the element of surprise, but I think it's just crossing a line into game-playing to intentionally hint/make her think you're leading up to proposal only to disappoint her.....even as a ruse.

If you really want to surprise her, do it in a humane way. Take her for a lovely dinner/date, and then drop her off at home for the night....make up an excuse about having to get up early, and then leave. 15 minutes later, park around the block, walk up to her front door, ring her doorbell and be on bended knee with the ring when she answers it. Trust me....she won't expect it then, and she'll be elated.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/20/2004 8:36:58 PM aljdewey wrote:

As a woman, I have to say honestly that I'm not a fan of your plan.....I think you ARE taking the wrong approach.

I understand wanting the element of surprise, but I think it's just crossing a line into game-playing to intentionally hint/make her think you're leading up to proposal only to disappoint her.....even as a ruse.

If you really want to surprise her, do it in a humane way. Take her for a lovely dinner/date, and then drop her off at home for the night....make up an excuse about having to get up early, and then leave. 15 minutes later, park around the block, walk up to her front door, ring her doorbell and be on bended knee with the ring when she answers it. Trust me....she won't expect it then, and she'll be elated.

----------------

as a female, I second that. btw aldjeway, that is a great proposal!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You risk her being in her pajamas, though.

What about proposing BEFORE she expects it instead of afterwards? Tell her you're taking her to a really nice restaurant tomorrow night. Then take her to a beautiful spot today and pop the question. That way she's surprised without being bummed first.

I agree with the gals and suggest that you don't start off the rest of your life by playing games. If you are flying out to Houston, why not do it straight away and start enjoying your time together as engaged? Chances are if you are in the military, she doesn't get to see you often. She'll be delighted to have you home and even more delighted that you are moving your relationship along.

If you want to play games with her, get out the Twister...

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I also will chime in to say that I agree with the other ladies. Surprise is one thing, but game-playing is another! I LOVE aljdewey's idea! If she is let down too many times, she will be hurt and confused, and surely that is not your intent!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
if you did that to me, I'd say no when you did ask... Thats MEAN

Melissa

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/27/2004 11:04:36 AM MelissaSue wrote:

if you did that to me, I'd say no when you did ask... Thats MEAN

Melissa----------------

LOL!!!!!!! Melissa, I love you girl!!! I'd probably do the same thing! And then pout for a while in retaliation for you stringing ME along!!! (and eventually say yes when I think you've suffered an equivalent amount
2.gif
).
I really like the idea of surprising her before you actually string her along, like glitterata suggested. Tell her you've got dinner reservations on the last or second-to-last day of your stay in Houston and really play that up. Then, go to the zoo the day before your dinner date and pop the question there. That way, you're surprising her, kind of stringing her along without disappointing her, and still having a meaningful, romantic proposal.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
I really like the idea of surprising her before you actually string her along, like glitterata suggested. Tell her you've got dinner reservations on the last or second-to-last day of your stay in Houston and really play that up. Then, go to the zoo the day before your dinner date and pop the question there. That way, you're surprising her, kind of stringing her along without disappointing her, and still having a meaningful, romantic proposal.----------------

I have to agree with glitterata and JCJD... talk up the great night you have planned before you leave but pop the question a day earlier at a nice romantic place. But still go through with those plans you told her about (if not thats teasing again and not nice
11.gif
)!

Its one thing to be told about the great night and thinking that is when your getting the ring and another to do those great things and NOT get the ring. I wouldnt be a happy camper either Melissa!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results