shape
carat
color
clarity

2.49 carat OEC (AGS L, VS1) and CvB Casablanca halo

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all!

I have a loose diamond and setting with Erica of LAD for sale.

First, the diamond: a 2.49 carat OEC, originally purchased from JbEG. Freshly home from AGS with grading of L color, VS1 clarity. Measures 8.62 x 8.42 x 5.45mm.
Asking price is $15,995.

LAD link here: http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/2-49ct-old-european-cut-diamond-ags-l-vs1/
LT link here: https://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones/2-dot-49-carat-oec-ags-l-vs1

Second, the setting: the very popular CvB Casablanca Halo. In platinum with I-colored melee, fits a round stone 8.4-8.6mm.
Asking price $2795
Retails for $3045 in white gold, and CvB's Etsy site lists this specific setting for $3495 in platinum.

LAD link to come, her pictures here: https://loveaffairdiamonds.smugmug.com/Mountings/Platinum-Halo-ACasablancaa-Mount/i-hGgZNQw
LT link here: https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/cvb-casablanca-halo-semi-mount-setting-in-platinum
More pictures: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-joined-the-cvb-fan-wagon-my-forever-anna-halo-ring.211109/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-joined-the-cvb-fan-wagon-my-forever-anna-halo-ring.211109/[/URL]

Erica would be the first person to contact, but I'm happy to answer any and all questions here.

Thanks!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. This is one of my all time favorite rings. I bet the stone and setting BOTH go fast. :love: :love: :love:

Shelby1975

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow, that's so stunning! I would jump at your setting for my 2.32 OEC if it weren't for the fact that Caysie is in the process of completing a bespoke setting for me...

Good luck - I am sure it will be a very quick and easy sale as both stone and setting are gorgeous!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1473794188|4075971 said:
Wow. This is one of my all time favorite rings. I bet the stone and setting BOTH go fast. :love: :love: :love:

I hope it does too! Thank you for the nice compliment!

Shelby1975 said:
Oh wow, that's so stunning! I would jump at your setting for my 2.32 OEC if it weren't for the fact that Caysie is in the process of completing a bespoke setting for me...

Good luck - I am sure it will be a very quick and easy sale as both stone and setting are gorgeous!

Thank you!! I'm so excited to see what your new setting looks like! Remember to post on SMTB when it's in your hot hands!

Q

Queenie60

Sorry you are letting go of this beauty! Good luck and I am sure it will be a quick sale. :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my very favorites, too! I really hope this setting and stone stay together!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS! I have LOVED this ring for the last year or so that I've had it, but I learned the hard way that I am a solitaire girl at heart. I got a lot of compliments at work, even among male colleagues! With the added oomph of the halo, I'm looking to find a larger, lower color/clarity stone set in a solitaire so DSS doesn't kill me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweetpea&babycorn|1475102880|4081786 said:
Thanks DS! I have LOVED this ring for the last year or so that I've had it, but I learned the hard way that I am a solitaire girl at heart. I got a lot of compliments at work, even among male colleagues! With the added oomph of the halo, I'm looking to find a larger, lower color/clarity stone set in a solitaire so DSS doesn't kill me.

You know, I have a few of your pictures saved and really wanted that exact setting made for my AVR! I had tried on a Casablanca in Vegas over a year ago, but I knew it would be too big for me with the halo. So sadly, my ring is still in the Vatche solitaire, because I can't decide what to do!

msop was just like you. She had a mrb in a halo and decided she wanted to go with a larger solitaire, as well! Hope your ring sells soon so you can get your solitaire, too!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DS! While you're figuring out the best setting for your ring, I think the current Vatche you have is the perfect home for now. Indeed, I wish I could be more decisive about what I really want, and unlike my husband who literally commits to every decision he makes and rarely changes his mind, I am a total trial and error person.

The setting is now on hold, but diamond is still available!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We PSers seem to be an indecisive bunch, or at least we change our minds fairly often!

Is there any possibility upgrading your diamond with G or E?

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Yes indeed it is. It's why I find solace here. My DH and family members know I have a touch of the OCD, so always trying to find the "perfect" anything is something they know well about me. My younger brother already rolled his eyes when I changed the setting :-o

I wouldn't mind a G or E diamond, but I don't think it's in my budget for the size I'd like. I learned through my trial and error that I'm not that color sensitive up until the N/O/P range. I had a GIA E color, RB engagement ring once upon a time, then a GIA J color cushion, and my most recent diamond being an AGS L never ever bothered me. I'd still be looking for an OEC, with cut, size, clarity, color in order of importance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my extended family knew how many times I have changed e-rings and studs, they'd fall over! I don't tell them and they don't notice since they just see me every few months! They all knew 10 years ago when I upgraded to the 1.6 ct H&A, but only my sister knows about the 2.3 ct AVR! The others really don't notice the difference in size, and I am sure they don't remember the weight of the first upgrade!

Most PSers are a bit OCD, so you are in good company!

There are a couple more diamonds I would like, but I'd have to go low in color to keep buying them! I don't mind as much in antique stones, either.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! I just realized that by G or E, you meant Grace or Erica? I TOTALLY misread that :-o
I've been eyeing a ring that Grace has, but also want to see what OWD has available and what Erica can find when I have the funds available (i.e., buyer finishes paying off the setting + diamond gets sold). Since I won't have funds for at least the setting for another couple months, I have a lot of time to really narrow down what I want, and finally stop driving my husband up a wall.

Somehow, my mother-in-law is keeping close tabs on my jewelry. I will be sporting a new simple diamond band, and she will ask when I got it. She thinks I'm insane. I think she's insane for other reasons, so to each our own!

How can your family not tell the difference between your RB and AVR?!? Your AVR is absolutely STUNNING, if I were around you, that's all I'd be staring at. Like, shamelessly.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Giving this a bumpity bump. I've decided that if it doesn't sell by around mid-December, I'll probably take it off consignment and get a nice custom solitaire for it from Erica

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results