shape
carat
color
clarity

OLD BORING DEBATE; SI or Oro

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey, there were two people I really wanted to hear from. I have read so many threads now I am not sure anymore. DS, which US did you end up with and how do you like it? I have a feeling if you got the SI and like it I will be quite pleased with its performance. Then Ellen, if she ever reads this, tested both and I was wondering how the Gem Oro has held up.

Anyway,if you don''t know yet I am choosing an ultrasonic cleaner. There are two things I actually needed to get and happen to be on sale at the SI outlet so I was thinking of getting the SI cleaner too...she doesn''t wear any silver though, so the gem oro might be just as good and a bit cheaper.

If you have tried both let me know. If you have used one for a long time let me know how it has held up. I have read alot of the post so far and most people lean toward the SI, however it also seems more likely to break, which would be a problem with her in Japan. Especially if she were using hot water everyday?

Anyway, sorry to bring up an old boring debate, but you know how it is spending long periods of time browsing old post.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHfSR, if i were you I''d just go with the GemOro...like you, I''ve heard too many complaints about the SI US. I have the SI, but don''t use it often enough to really cause a lot of wear and tear. From other threads I''ve read the gem oro seems sturdier. BTW, thank you for posting on another thread and teaching me how to post specific threads, I really appreciate you taking the time to do that for me!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought the Oro a couple of weeks ago and love it so far.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if you are referring to me
1.gif
, but if so, I have not bought one yet. I was waiting to see if I get new settings that have any pave, first. I was told by a jeweler recently that frequent cleaning of jewelry in an US with pave is not recommended because the US loosens stones. For now, I am still using traditional jewelry cleaner that you dip the jewelry in and brush with a soft brush and rinse. However, I would definitely get the GemOro Sparkle Spa if I get one. Too many problems with the SI one for me to consider it. I might also consider the Jewel Jet steam cleaner instead if it would be more gentle on the small stones.

Well shoot ellen, now I am just not excited about the prospect of a US at all!:) though I am glad that thread simplified things for me, as The SI''s are finally back on sale. (too bad I looked at the site though and found the two other things I was looking for on sale with SI...
7.gif
didn''t want to spend any money).

let me make sure I have this straight though. This is the one that you had where the button stopped working:

Gem oro Number 1--stopped working

and this is the replacement they gave you:

Gem Oro replacement--the exact same as Gem oro only cheaper?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I didn''t realize that Ellen has had problems with the GemOro. I don''t like all the hassle involved in returning things! Maybe post a question on the Jewel Jet. The guy who sells them often replies. Maybe the steam cleaner is more reliable????

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Working, the first link isn''t working for me, but the second one did. Yes, that''s what I purchased and they replaced with the same one.

It could just be really bad luck on my part, I do seem to have that with most things jewelry.
20.gif

You also might also consider getting a more expensive model, as it might prove cheaper in the long run....

hum, hey Ellen, I sortof went ahead and did it because I didn''t pay attention to the small text at the bottom. But it says you have to be a buisness in order to order anything from that link, plus it didn''t give me any shipping charges. Geez I hope it isnt like a 15 dollar shipping charge (being 50% of the US) any idea on if it is actually ok to order anyway and what shipping charges are ground ups?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2007 3:12:03 PM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
hum, hey Ellen, I sortof went ahead and did it because I didn''t pay attention to the small text at the bottom. But it says you have to be a buisness in order to order anything from that link, plus it didn''t give me any shipping charges. Geez I hope it isnt like a 15 dollar shipping charge (being 50% of the US) any idea on if it is actually ok to order anyway and what shipping charges are ground ups?
I''d call them and find out for sure.
28.gif

All I know is, if my US ever broke, I was instructed to return it there. So when I was on the phone with the lady, she asked if I wanted to order any more solution, and she knew I wasn''t a business. I dunno...

Sorry I''m not more help.

Will do when I get out of work, hopefully I don't get nailed some exorbitant shipping charges before I get a chance. I am manning the front desk for a while so I have time online, but they won't accept my emails without an account number...which is funny since they accepted the purchase without it ;-)

I am sorry to keep rehashing this, but I am awfully confused.

The real SS?

Not the sparkle spa...

I know I talked about this earlier and my link didn''t work. Not sure why, but I guess I just wasn''t really paying attention buying them at work and everything but these are in fact two different models. My best guess is that the second one is cheaper and intended to be sold to jewelery professionals, perhaps to be sold by their buisness? Which is why mine hasn''t shipped yet I think (but lets be honest, who reads the fine print on a 30 dollar purchase? So I just clicked I agree, hopefully I don''t get in trouble). At any rate, any knowledge if my understanding is correct and these are in fact the exact same. I know it has been implied, but it is mighty confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results