shape
carat
color
clarity

venue b4 ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
ok so last weekend we went to my hometown and looked at a venue my mom has had her eye on for years for our wedding. My bf and I fell in love with it so my mom booked it
6.gif
!! Here''s the thing...we''re not engaged yet. We''ve been together off and on for 6.5 yrs (2.5 have been perfect) and we''ve lived together for 1.5yrs. We know we''re getting married and we know we want to next yr. I''m just feeling really weird about not being formally engaged and having the venue booked. I guess I just needed to get that off my chest.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally understand what you''re saying, Aim--it feels so strange to plan things before you are officially engaged, but on the other hand you don''t want to lose that venue.

BF and I have been talking about our wedding next summer, more specifically where we''d like to honeymoon, and we want to go the at least the last four rounds of Wimbledon. Well, we need to enter a ballot to get a chance at the Wimbledon tickets, which we did, but the whole thing felt so odd because we''re preparing for a honeymoon that will be for a wedding that is not even officially on the books yet! The thing is, though, if we don''t enter that ballot we lose out on the tickets--so what else can we do?

Hang in there, it will be official soon enough, and when it is then you can experience the exciting anticipation that booking a venue should bring!

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your words, they put me a little more at ease! Did you get your tickets yet?

It''s weird, I''m actually passed the crazy I want my bling stage right now, it''s not making me as mental as it was a week ago. The ring is designed and I think he''s paid for it so I think it''s being made as we speak but I have no idea how long it takes for a ring to be made so i''m in the dark when it comes to guessing. My little brother is getting married august 11th and I really hope he asks before then so at least i can field all the questions from my fam with a flash of the bling but if not that''s ok too. Now this could all be the calm before the storm ahah as i haven''t had my coffee yet so we''ll see how i feel later.

Do you have any idea when the proposal might happen?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:59:20 PM
Author: Haven
I totally understand what you''re saying, Aim--it feels so strange to plan things before you are officially engaged, but on the other hand you don''t want to lose that venue.

BF and I have been talking about our wedding next summer, more specifically where we''d like to honeymoon, and we want to go the at least the last four rounds of Wimbledon. Well, we need to enter a ballot to get a chance at the Wimbledon tickets, which we did, but the whole thing felt so odd because we''re preparing for a honeymoon that will be for a wedding that is not even officially on the books yet! The thing is, though, if we don''t enter that ballot we lose out on the tickets--so what else can we do?

Hang in there, it will be official soon enough, and when it is then you can experience the exciting anticipation that booking a venue should bring!
I hope you have better weather next year. It''s like November over here - I''ve been in thick jumpers for the last two weeks and it never stops raining. Brrrrrr

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aim--I glad you''re past the crazy stage, because I''m in it right now and it does not feel good! It must make it easier to do things "out of order" when your parents are supportive, and when you know it''s going to happen, well, why wait?

As for me, I have no idea when our proposal will happen, I''m just hoping for some time before the school year starts up again in August (I''m a high school teacher.)

We can''t submit for a ballot to get the Wimbledon tickets until August 1st, so we''ll have to wait a while to see if we get a pair in the draw, here''s hoping! And Pandora--what crazy weather you''re having! I''ve never seen so many postponements at Wimbledon before--I think it took four days to finish some of these sets! I''ve only been to London once before for an entire summer and it was beautiful, must have been lucky, I guess!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a lot of moms have their daughters'' wedding venues chosen well in advance of an actual engagement. nothing wrong with that...my mom told me when I first got engaged she''d always envisioned me getting married in a certain location and DH and I ended up choosing something totally different. It was nice to know that I had a backup plan, i guess! i wouldn''t worry too much that you''ve decided on a venue before you''ve been proposed to. No such thing as being too prepared, ya know?

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Yeah my mom''s a real estate agent and she saw the venue before it was sold and decided right then that that''s where i was getting married..that was 10yrs ago hahah! It''s fortunate that my bf and i love it! So my bf said that we will be engaged girl soon!!!!! so maybe even this weekend!!! but i don''t want to jinx it! Cross your fingers for me girls!!
19.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 5:03:34 PM
Author: Haven
Aim--I glad you''re past the crazy stage, because I''m in it right now and it does not feel good! It must make it easier to do things ''out of order'' when your parents are supportive, and when you know it''s going to happen, well, why wait?

As for me, I have no idea when our proposal will happen, I''m just hoping for some time before the school year starts up again in August (I''m a high school teacher.)

We can''t submit for a ballot to get the Wimbledon tickets until August 1st, so we''ll have to wait a while to see if we get a pair in the draw, here''s hoping! And Pandora--what crazy weather you''re having! I''ve never seen so many postponements at Wimbledon before--I think it took four days to finish some of these sets! I''ve only been to London once before for an entire summer and it was beautiful, must have been lucky, I guess!
I''m an elementary school teacher, and I really hope it happens before August 14th, let me tell you! I feel your pain!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I really don''t think it is that weird. If you and your mom booked the place without your boyfriend seeing it or knowing, that would be weird!

In this day in age, people tend to collaborate on ring ideas and discuss wedding details long before there is an "official" proposal. The ring is paid for. Basically you are engaged, you just haven''t been proposed to. It is wise to decide on a venue early because you lock-in prices and it makes other planning decisions easier.

I think what you''ve done is more common than you think. A friend of mine wanted to get married at the chapel where he and his (now) wife went to college. Open Saturdays often had waiting lists a few years long. They booked the date months before they got engaged simply because it made more sense logisticaly.

You are definitely not alone in doing this!

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words!! I''m still waiting
8.gif
!! oh well, I thought it would happen this weekend but nope. I have stopped discussing anything wedding with my BF as I think he is using that against me haha! I think everytime I mention wedding or engagement he''s pushing back the date he''s going to propose!! He''s having too much fun with this!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results