shape
carat
color
clarity

Did your bf act really weird before he proposed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I''m curious for the ladies who are now engaged or married; did your boyfriend act really strange before he proposed to you? Recently my boyfriend has been acting totally odd, secretive, etc. I really dont'' think he is planning a proposal because I don''t think he has even thought about engagement rings let along looked at them or purchased one. However, several people I''ve talked to about his odd behavior have all said that maybe he''s going to propose because guys act really funny right before they do. I''m curious to hear if any of you experienced this?

THanks!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, yes. My guy didn''t act weird. But he did act goofy and obvious.

BUT, my friends'' guys were all bizarre before they proposed. Mind you, this was RIGHT before he proposed, like the day of, not, say, a month before.

Let''s hope that''s the reason!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sort of... the day before. Only because I was asking him if it would be before such-and-such event, and he said "no," and then was visibly uncomfortable because he had made himself lie
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I freaked wifey2b out by acting strange for a couple days before.
Mainly because she had given me the wrong time to call and talk to her Dad so had to get up the nerve twice to call.
Once that was done the actual asking was the easy part :}

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
The week before my best friend got engaged (the bf had called and let me in on the secret) all the girls went out, in the ride in the car she was freakin out saying how Cody was acting so strange and she was worried they were going to break up. Ofcourse I gave her the line about ''probably has a lot on his mind at work'' and other such excuses.

Voila week later engaged... so yeah I think it happens

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Not at all...he is as easy to read as a book and we had a timeframe for getting engaged so there was no weirdness or descreteness, he simply said "let''s go engagement ring shopping" and then proposed that evening.

Picos

Rough_Rock
Not really. It was 2 weeks ago (almost)...he came to my apartment, walked into the bedroom & handed me my mail. Of course, I was reading my mail (big package from eletric company...I thought they were trying to put a claim so I was worried) and so I didn''t turn around.

He did ask me to put the letter down (it''s not a bill!!) kind of impatiently but I thought it was because he wanted a kiss helllo!!! Then he proposed! I was so SHOCKED. It came out of nowhere. When he was reaching into his pocket (before asking me to marry him!) I thought I was getting chocolate. I just about DIED.

So, no, he didn''t act weird. I just might''ve been too daft to notice.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Nope, my husband didn't act weird before he proposed, even when I almost ruined the surprise twice! I knew the proposal was coming soon while we were on vacation but I didn't know when! Thankfully he did it the first morning we were there so I didn't have to wait long!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
He acted a little weird. He looked really uneasy and he didn''t have much of an appetite during our dinner but I didn''t think anything of it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2007 11:44:40 PM
Author: Picos
Not really. It was 2 weeks ago (almost)...he came to my apartment, walked into the bedroom & handed me my mail. Of course, I was reading my mail (big package from eletric company...I thought they were trying to put a claim so I was worried) and so I didn''t turn around.

He did ask me to put the letter down (it''s not a bill!!) kind of impatiently but I thought it was because he wanted a kiss helllo!!! Then he proposed! I was so SHOCKED. It came out of nowhere. When he was reaching into his pocket (before asking me to marry him!) I thought I was getting chocolate. I just about DIED.

ROFL! Does he usually keep chocolate in his pocket??
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Designchica,

The very first time my guy was considering a proposal he was really secretive. I thought I was being paranoid about expecting a proposal because we had NEVER talked about getting engaged at all. But turns out he HAD bought a ring. In any case, we didn''t get engaged then because I wasn''t ready, but I think when you''ve been with someone for a while, you have this type of six-sense when it comes to them being *up to something*

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
My fiance was just his usual self - I was totally blindsided by the proposal. We had been together for about 8.5 years when he proposed almost three months ago. I was starting to get the "itch", but trying really hard not to pressure him. He was more inquisitive, but nothing out of the ordinary - if anything, I thought he was just starting the process. What I didn''t realize was that he was making clandestine trips from DC to Philly (where my ring was custom made), telling me that he had "training" at work. He said that he thought he was acting weird, but I totally thought that he was normal. Go figure!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 2:02:18 AM
Author: monarch64

9.gif
Monarch,

what...your husband doesn''t keep chocolate in his pocket?
6.gif
9.gif

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
absolutely, sounds like you will be getting a july4th proposal.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to answer the question. My FI and I had just gone to a concert and were on our way back home. When we got home, it was about midnight and he asked if I wanted to go to the beach - an hour or so away. By the time we arrived it was 1 AM and my FI proposed 30 minutes later. I thought it was a bit strange that he wanted to go to the beach so late at night.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want to be a debbie downer, but you say that your boyfriend has been really secretive and you DON''T think he''s planning on proposing....
33.gif

There are other reasons for a guy to act secretive, and I''d probably be looking into those right about now. Sorry for being so blunt...but I don''t want you to be convinced that you have a proposal coming your way if you don''t. I can''t think of anything worse! Anything is possible at this point!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the replies! :)

My boyfriend is definitely acting weird, but I think it is only wishful thinking on my part that it has anything to do with a proposal. I could be wrong, but I would be very surpsised if it is.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... Well, first a funny story, then some advice.

When a friend of mine got engaged, she was rock climbing with her BF and he was acting SUPER weird and being really incompetent and tangling up the ropes and stuff when they were at the top. She finally yelled at him "What the f*&k is WRONG with you today?!!?" and he starts to cry and says "Even though you''re yelling at me, I still want you to be my wife." and pulls out the ring. EEK!

What Lucky said also occured to me. Could he be up to some kind of no good? Or something happened he doesn''t want to tell you about? Maybe you should confront him. Not aggresively. Just "Honey, I noticed you''ve been in a really weird mood. What''s up?"

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 12:50:03 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Hmmm... Well, first a funny story, then some advice.

When a friend of mine got engaged, she was rock climbing with her BF and he was acting SUPER weird and being really incompetent and tangling up the ropes and stuff when they were at the top. She finally yelled at him ''What the f*&k is WRONG with you today?!!?'' and he starts to cry and says ''Even though you''re yelling at me, I still want you to be my wife.'' and pulls out the ring. EEK!

What Lucky said also occured to me. Could he be up to some kind of no good? Or something happened he doesn''t want to tell you about? Maybe you should confront him. Not aggresively. Just ''Honey, I noticed you''ve been in a really weird mood. What''s up?''

I almost spit out my drink when I read this. Hilarious!!!!

I know my boyfriend''s going to propose soon and he knows this too. So he purposely gives me fake hints to keep me guessing (I know, it''s so evil!).

However, I also agree with Lucky and Indy Gal that you should at least ask him about it in a non-confrontational way. Good luck!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I appreciate the feedback.

I have asked him what is on his mind and he says nothing. I think he is thinking through some things. We have been looking at houses lately and are considering building a home together. I think perhaps this may all be too real for him and perhaps he is questioning the relationship which is totally normal but hopefully he comes to the conclusion that its what he wants. :)

Oh, also, i dont'' think he is up to no good or cheating on me or anything along those lines. We spend too much time together for that to be easy to pull of, so I''d be more shocked if that were the case than if he proposed. But I''m open to all possibilities so I''m not going to completely ignore that as a possible reason behind his acting so weird.

Overall, our relationship is amazing!!! He''s just acting a little odd the past week or so, but nothing too major to give me reason to worry.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Phew...well that''s good! Maybe his IS thinking of proposing. Buying/building a house together is a REALLY big deal! Is he traditional at all?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 12:50:03 PM
Author: Independent Gal

When a friend of mine got engaged, she was rock climbing with her BF and he was acting SUPER weird and being really incompetent and tangling up the ropes and stuff when they were at the top. She finally yelled at him 'What the f*&k is WRONG with you today?!!?' and he starts to cry and says 'Even though you're yelling at me, I still want you to be my wife.' and pulls out the ring. EEK!
LMAO! That is too funny!

designchica, buying a house is a huge step! Maybe he is having a minor freak out. It's understandable. Does he usually keep to himself and not like to talk about his feelings?

Picos

Rough_Rock

9.gif
He should at how often he gives me some! I love love chocolate; its like the perfect mini present. I never run out of chocolate. If he wants to sneak it too me he normally puts it in his pocket before he enters the apartment; so that way I don''t know, little bugger.

The rock climbing story was hiliarious!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Dear FI definitely acted all weird before he proposed! He was totally driving me nuts with the "maybe I''ll propose soon, maybe not" stunt tt he pulled.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Totally - he was like a big child just before christmas. Problem was, it WAS just before Christmas so I put it down to that.

He didn''t sleep the whole night before, but that isn''t totally abnormal either.

The day of, he tells me he kept having to go out of the room to hide his huge grin!

In hindsight I should have known something was up.
28.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock

Not really. It was 2 weeks ago (almost)...he came to my apartment, walked into the bedroom & handed me my mail. Of course, I was reading my mail (big package from eletric company...I thought they were trying to put a claim so I was worried) and so I didn't turn around.

He did ask me to put the letter down (it's not a bill!!) kind of impatiently but I thought it was because he wanted a kiss helllo!!! Then he proposed! I was so SHOCKED. It came out of nowhere. When he was reaching into his pocket (before asking me to marry him!) I thought I was getting chocolate. I just about DIED.

So, no, he didn't act weird. I just might've been too daft to notice.
9.gif
LMAO! Ok, this just made me laugh really hard...owww, my ribs! And the rock climbing story!! ROFL!!! Is there a thread of funny proposal stories people have heard? If not, please make one and add this to it!!

And designchica, I really hope everything works out for you. My BF just bought a house and he was really stressed for at least a month and acting weird at times. I think it's because it's a big financial decision, and he's thinking living together with you. I seriously just went through this. We ended up having a huge fight, and it resolved all our issues. So now he's his normal self again. Last night we were discussing a backyard vs. a church wedding... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results