shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring is in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
It''s in the house.

I know where it is.

We''ve had it since Thursday (a trip to NYC for summer course registration turned into an impromptu call from Gary saying we could pick up the ring) and I haven''t been allowed to see it.

It is taking every fiber of self control that I can muster not to peek.

The worst part is that I have no idea when he''s going to propose, because he''s such a planner. Tomorrow is our two year anniversary, and I''d be FLOORED if he did it tomorrow, because it would be so out of character for him. An anniversary proposal would be too obvious, for him. Of course, given that train of thought, it would be a huge surprise if he did propose tomorrow, and blah blah blah blah blah.

I don''t want to rush it, but the wait now is more torturous than it was when the ring wasn''t done yet. Rrgh.

I''ve been so frustrated lately that I devolved back to lurkdom, but it would probably alleviate my frustration to help others with their own. So I''m back.

Rrgh!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
OooooOOOOOO how exciting! I bet you are just itching to catch a glimpse!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
When I''m home alone, it''s a constant battle. The only thing that keeps me from looking is how disappointed he would be if I ruined the surprise.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
You know where it is?!? And you haven''t peeked! Wow, you''re doing really well!! I bet it''s extremely hard not to be tempted to peek but it''ll be that much better when he pops the question and you see the ring for the first time at that moment!!! It''ll definitely be worth the wait!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
He''s outside taking pictures of it on flowers right now. He whined about wanting me to be able to help him with the pictures, and I said "So GIVE it to me!" He said not to worry, he didn''t buy it just to sit on it forever. So that''s a good thing. I reserve the right to look out the window as he takes pictures, though!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like pure torture, darkeyes! Good for you for holding back, I know I''d be prancing around the house with it on my finger whenever BF was out, if it was me!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
That''s the best mental image! I should start working on my prancing techniques while he''s out. Thanks for all the support!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow your patience is far higher than mine would be!! I couldn''t resist taking a pic if it was in the house! I hope that he does it soon-I want to see pics of it now!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
oh god!!! how can he torture you that way? he''s torturing us as well....and he''s taking flower shots--oh man...it sounds like he''s been trying it on, so it should be soon....girl soon.
9.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Okay, new drama has unfolded. He let me see one of the flower shots, which is when I noticed that the SETTING ISN''T THE ONE WE PICKED OUT. It''s very similar, but not the same. Here''s the one we ordered and here''s the one we got.

Now, putting the fact that he didn''t notice on the back burner (graphic designer!), I''m actually a little happier with the one we ended up with. Would this bother you? Blessing in disguise? I think the one we got is more graceful than the one we ordered. The only reason we didn''t pick it in the first place was that I was worried it was set too high and that I''d smack it around too much.

He let me try it on my pinky finger (YAY!) and it''s just beautiful. I don''t really want to send it back, but part of me worries that the mistake will bother him. What would you do?

P.S. I''ll try to sneak one of the photos he took and post it when I can. The pictures don''t do it justice, whatsoever.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 8:25:07 PM
Author: darkeyesredshoes

He let me try it on my pinky finger (YAY!) and it''s just beautiful. I don''t really want to send it back, but part of me worries that the mistake will bother him. What would you do?

If you are as happy (even happier!) with the one that you got, even though it wasn''t the one that was ordered, I would keep it. Just my 2 cents...

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I appreciate your cents and sense, DeeJay. I hope he''ll come to agreement with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results