shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, we decided today to get married on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
First, thank you so much to everyone who responded to my thread about having to cancel/postpone our wedding. I don''t want to refresh it, because the tone is so sad, but I really appreciate everyone who wished us well.

And I have some good news! I decided today that I did want to go ahead and get married on Saturday! I have no idea when we will be able to orchestrate the big wedding re-try and I just don''t want to wait. This way, we can keep our date (hey, the rings are already engraved, after all) and still go on our honeymoon to Nevis as man and wife. Mike certainly wishes I had decided this earlier, but I just couldn''t focus on it until everything else had cleared.

We are going to get married here on the beach in our NJ shore town. I bought a white sundress last week, "just in case we have to get married at the hospital," so I think I am going to wear that. We had to go to the county courthouse today to get a judge to sign a waiver because wedding licenses usually take 72 hours in NJ, but that is taken care of and we are going tomorrow for the actual license. Mike''s cousin (the same pastor who was supposed to marry us in NC) is coming up to marry us, for which we are so grateful. I managed to find a place where I can get my hair done and I am just going to do my own makeup (it will melt off quickly anyway). My parents and older sister came up for the funeral, but had to go home to Florida, so they are going to have to miss it. I am really sad that they won''t be here, but there is no way to avoid it. My mom said it is okay with her, and I hope she wasn''t just trying to make me feels better. My step-mom and little sister are going to come from MD, though, so my sister can stand up with me. Mike''s siblings will all be there as well, along with his mom''s two sisters. And there will be an assortment of local friends, too. Mike is in the process of trying to find someone to take some photos, someone else to play guitar or something, and to track down some chairs we can use. His mom''s best friend (a florist) is going to make some bouquets and boutineres for us. And who knows what we will be doing afterwards, but it will likely involve a barbeque!

Whew! It is amazing how quickly you can actually put a wedding together if you have to! No frills, of course, but I am so happy that we are doing it. Oddly, I am also starting to get nervous, but it could just be the stress of everything.

I''ve gotta run to Victoria''s Secret to try and find a bra to go with this dress, but I just wanted to give you guys an update!

Thank you again for all of your support! I''ll let you know how it goes!
9.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news! Best wishes this weekend to the both of you.
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
fata! I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. But I am also happy to hear your post sound joyful again. The most important thing is you and Mike are getting married! If you dont mind my saying this...PLEASE, consider wearing your beautiful, stunning wedding dress instead of a sun dress. That dress makes you shine! I like my dress, but it doesn't make me feel anywhere near what you LOOK like you feel in your gorgeous dress. I think it's totally appropriate for a beach wedding. Just think about it...And have a wonderful day. I know it will be bittersweet for you both, but it will still be a wonderful day. I'm getting all verklempt just thinking about it! Congratulations dear!

Oh, and as a Joisy goil, getting married on the beach in NJ isn't all that bad! What part are you in?

ETA: Shoot, NEVIS? Wow! I've heard that resort is awesome!! Please report back because I may be doing some work in Nevis shortly and am considering that as a belated honeymoon destination also...Enjoy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fata I''m glad for you - all my best wishes for a perfect wedding day and for you to relax and enjoy in Nevis!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
So glad you have some good news to share with us! Although, I''m sad to hear some of your family won''t be able to make it to your wedding. I hope you have a perfect wedding day and fabulous honeymoon in Nevis! Enjoy!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! Enjoy your day...sounds like it will be beautiful even without all of the frills!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
The plans you've made sound absolutley freeing and beautiful! It's going to be so fantastic :)

And I agree.........bust out in that wedding gown!!!! It was made for you !!!!!! ETA(I mean that figuratively and literally)

Happy almost wedding day :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is great news Fata!!! Best wishes to you and Mike this Saturday!!! I'm sure it will be a wonderful wedding. Have a great time in Nevis!!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad to hear your news. Please wear your beautiful dress. It''s so perfect for you!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh fata. i''m so glad to hear this heartwarming upbeat update. i''m been wondering how you were doing.
everything sounds like it''s falling into place. i surely hope you DO consider wearing that fantastic gown of yours. it''s too good not to wear!
and surprisingly perfect for a beach wedding.

all the best to you and mike.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I hope you have a wonderful wedding and an even better marriage.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Glad to hear things are looking up, and have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!
36.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Fata!! And Best Wishes for a wonderful marriage!!
36.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Fatafelice--I looked back to old posts to see what dress people were talking about and I realized you were the girl with the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. Seriously--the most beautiful. I love that dress!! Couldn''t you have the train tucked up and still wear it? I am so glad you are going to be married this Saturday and go on your honeymoon. Weddings are meant to be no matter what. You are such a beautiful girl--you will make a gorgeous bride.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Fata,
I am so happy for you and Mike,
it sounds like your wedding on the beach will be just wonderful-
and I have to chime in with the others-

PLEASE WEAR YOUR DRESS!!!! It is so perfect on you, and for you, and with all the thought and care you put into choosing it and modifying it to be truly yours, it just seems right. I also agree with the point a pp made about it seeming so fitting for a beach wedding- that material was made to flow in the breeze- you could wear a flower in your hair and some sandals and voila!

please keep us posted, and good luck with these last minute details, can''t wait to hear all about it.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dmamsquared

Shiny_Rock
Best of Luck! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, FF! I''m so happy that you''ve been able to pull everything together so quickly!

Also, I have no idea why I didn''t know you were going to Nevis for your honeymoon, but you will have a wonderful time! Weston and I went to Nevis for our honeymoon last year, and all I''ve wanted to do since, is justgo back!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Fata,
I missed your original thread and just went back to read it. I am SO sorry for everything that you have been through, and so happy for you that you will be getting married on Saturday. Obviously, I don''t know Mike or his family, but I can imagine it would be comforting to him to know his mom was smiling down at both of you and feeling peace that her son is so happy. I wish you all the best, and make sure to enjoy your day! (Oh, and I went back to your dress thread also and absolutely agree that your original dress would be perfect for your wedding. You just looked SO happy in it!)...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s wonderful news FF! Best wishes!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fata, that''s so great to hear. I wish you both the very best in your beautiful wedding!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for checking in Fata, I was worried about you. That said, I''m so happy you decided to go on with your wedding. Amidst all of the heartache, it will be beautiful. And, add me to the list of those who think your dress is PERFECT!!! Please wear it. Enjoy your day and keep looking up sweetie!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think your plan sounds beautiful. I wish you and your soon to be husband the best!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Honey, please wear your dress. Your guest list doesn't include your mother and sisters...it may not be the wedding attendance you had planned...but after all... it is you and Mike that will remember how beautiful you are! There is only one time to wear it. You spent so long with fittings and refittings and decisions...it is done and it is perfect for Saturday. It is perfect to help send you two off on your new life together.

You two have been through a tough time....stop and embrace Saturday...give yourself that special lift...wear the dress!! It is wonderful that his sisters and more family are attending and are filling in. What a great family.

Don't tell Mike...make him in awe to see what his bride had planned for him...it is after all for him...really. You will make a beautful bride! He will be so proud to call you his bride-of course in anything you wear...so if you have decided to go with the other one...we all just want you to know that no one would want you to think you shouldn't wear it. We support you either way.

There will be beauty for ashes. May a restoration of peace be shared by all who attend.

DKS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
best wish and congratulations

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, you guys rock! Thank you so much for all of your best wishes. And I know everyone wants me to wear *the dress*, but I am saving it for our "big" wedding. I really want my mom to be there when I wear it for the first time, and I want her to feel like there are some things that are special for that day. Plus, I don''t want to risk anything happening to it in the meantime!

And I am so excited about Nevis, but I still don''t have my passport! I know to get back into the U.S., I just need the proof that it was applied for, but does anyone know whether the islands are accepting that as well? Hopefully I can work it all out next week. I am just glad that Mike''s procrastinating actuall paid off for once, because he was supposed to cancel the whole trip last week!
2.gif

Lauren, please tell me ALL about your trip!!! (unless you already had a thread that I missed - then just toss me the link) Where did you stay? What were your favorite things to do/places to eat/sights to see, etc? Short of booking the flight and hotel, we haven''t done any planning because they said we can plan everything when we get there. We are staying at the Montpelier Plantation Inn, and I definitely want to go snorkeling and horseback riding while we are there, but I have no idea other than that.

Thanks again, guys!!!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
What great news! I''m so happy for you! Congratulations and have a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok, whew. you'll still get to where THE DRESS. didn't realize there was another wedding/gathering in the works. maybe i missed that.
well, i'm VERY happy to hear that their will be double the celebration, with you in your beauty of a dress and your mom in attendance.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fata, pre-congratulations...sorry to hear about the bad news in the family but i think you guys will bring a lot of joy to people with the continuation of ''life'' by joining yours together at a time like this. have a wonderful weekend and honeymoon. enjoy yourselves!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Fata, I''m SO glad to hear this! I think you''re making absolutely the right choice, and I''m thrilled for you both.

It''s clear that you know the substance of the wedding day is in the getting married....the rest is just window dressing. Very lovely, very meaningful windowdressing, to be sure.....but the ESSENCE is in the getting married. Kudos to you both for getting to the heart of that.

I hope you both relax and enjoy on your honeymoon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results