shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 18th June till 24th June

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
skippy, for snacks I love (well, used to love, some of these are not do-able for me since I had my braces put on):

a handful of unsalted almonds
2 tbsp. peanut butter with a rice cake
a lite yogurt
berries and half a banana
a small bowl of cereal of your choice
a sliced cucumber with salt and pepper, and maybe a little FF ranch dressing on the side
hummus with mini pita pockets from TJ's

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning All,

Marcy, the dictionary says a scone is small quickbread. Often, they are served with butter and jellies and served with afternoon tea, especially in the UK. I''m afraid the scones we buy here in the US are by no means small. Here they are big almost cake/cookie like and usually are filled with fruits and nuts baked in. The one''s I have become addicted to (well I have like 2 a week) are Tart Cherry Scones and if you have a Panera Bread near you, I highly recommend you try one. They have other scones too, like blueberry and raisin to name two. I find a scone and a cup of coffee to be a wonderful treat. And we usually have them as breakfast with a bowl of fruit on weekend mornings. Of course Starbucks sells scones too, but find there''s to be a bit too dough-like for my tastes.

We''re heading out soon and will have a quick lunch, followed by coffee, then our normal Sunday workout. We added some upper body work to our workout yesterday and my chest is sore. I''m glad of that as it''s one of the areas that I find difficult to develop.

We don''t know what we''ll fix for dinner, but we''ll figure that out after our workout. It will likely be something easy to fix for sure.

I hope you''re all enjoying your Sunday morning!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone! I see everyone is having a pretty good weekend :)

Yesterday dh and I went to the Getty. I love love love this place! I haven''t been in a few years and it was nice. I got to gaze around at a ton of Byzantine art which made my little heart so happy. I am so in love with this type of art and all the symbolism. I had fun explaining it all to dh and also reading the latin and interpreting it on the old sculptures. They also had a whole room on old manuscripts from 1200 and before. It was awesome to read the french and see how different it is!

*sigh*

The best thing by far about the Getty is the stairs! My rear and legs are happy this morning albeit a little sore. There are stairs everywhere at this place. Also, just walking around the galleries, gardens, etc. It''s great!

Had a vegetarian burrito up there. was ho hum. Needed more vegetables so I got some carrots and cucumbers to snack on with some hummus.

Today were visiting my parents. Since they are both not too capable of doing heavy yardwork anymore, we''ll be cutting the grass and climbing ladders to get peaches down from the tree. :) There''s nothing like manual labor to give you a workout without thinking about it.

Off i go! Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe Rod I tpyically don't like scones very much because they are too dry and crumbly for my taste. i like the Sbucks small vanilla ones because they are tiny and doughy, i can pretend it's more like a donut...which of course i love! lol. so the panera cherry ones are all yours!

happy sunday morning everyone. yesterday evening our dinner was wonderful! this place opened 6 months ago and my neighbor/girlfriend wanted mediterranean so we found it and had a fab review so we said lets check it out. the staff was so friendly and fun, and the food was quite good. for appetizers we all shared a moroccan spiced crab cake and calamari. their bread was tasty too, served with evoo and garlic and olives. then for dinner i had the seared diver scallops which came on a huge bed of warmed arugula that was tossed with carmelized peaches and bacon, sooo good.

i had been good about my no dessert rule for umm...3 days? but on the hike yesterday greg was teasing me about getting dessert at this restaurant, and how HE might want dessert etc, so on the way over i was telling our friends about it and then the husband goes 'well i want dessert now' and then the wife goes 'we might have to get dessert then'...so we looked at the menu and all decided on a bread pudding which came with a carmelized banana and a scoop of zabaglione gelato on top, omg, really good. and there were chunks of white chocolate in the bp itself. so i broke my dessert detox but it was definitely worth it!! a cup of decaf coffee rounded out the evening and we got home quite late at 12:15am...we were noshing and chatting in the restaurant for 2.5 hours! we always end up spending hours and hours at places with this couple, we always have so much to talk about. even when we go over or they come over for bbq or whatever it's the same way. it's so hard to find couples you click with at that level and so darn quickly even, so i will def be sad when they move back to dallas (probably middle of next year) or we move away or both! but they are already saying 'when you come visit us in dallas'...hehe.

sounds like everyone had a pretty good saturday!! hope your sundays are shaping up nicely as well. breakfast this morning was 1/2c of all bran and almond milk with a few blueberries, and then 2 pieces of multigrain toast with smart balance and honey. i am meeting some girlfriends at noon for some lunch and shopping and then i'll hit the gym with my sister...she is going to be staying with us for a few days as my parents are going to sonoma for a few days for a mini-vacay. then tonite i think we'll just chill out at home and BBQ or something low-key. we shall see.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All! Mara, the bread Pudding sounds good. Cello, yah for the Getty stairs. Rod, we have this lovely very girly tea parlor called the St.James Tea room w/scones and lots of little desserts but I only go once or twice a year. Scones are yummy!

Yah, for all our HIKING WWTeam! We hiked up hill and were treated to a view of the city. I could have gone longer but hubby got pooped out. I asked him if he thought it would okay I came alone and he said no. Actually some killings went on years ago in that area but I loved the getting exercise for my butt. I guess I could do the treadmill w/an incline but the scenery is boring. Oh well. The reason he isn't as into it as me is because I think he is sad about him mom passing so I am being understanding.

Hey sweeties who posted snack ideas, thank you Monarch and Alj!!! Much appreciate. I am getting rid of the crap in my house because I have a hard time resisting mindless eating. I bought carrots and celery and broccoli. Hope that satisfies the mindless eating.

Happy Sunday. We are going to barbecue and have musturd steak steamed in Newspaper. I should post the recipe if anyone is interested???? It is so yummy!!!!

Have a wonderful Sunday
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!
35.gif

Rod, I guess I have tried scones before but the one''s I had weren''t very good. They were from a grocery store. I think I am more of a donut and muffin fan. Anything with cherry filling though can''t be bad.

We ate well today. For breakfast I made hubby pancakes and bacon but I had one pancake with strawberries and cool whip topping. For dinner we had a salad with lots of raw veggies, sirloin cooked on the grill and UB rice. We even had a chocolate sundae for dessert. Mine was much smaller than my husband''s but I loved every bite of it. And now my ice cream is gone so I''ll go back to my ww bars. I have a few hundred calories left for a light supper.

It''s in the 90''s here today so I think we are going to go walk around the mall instead of the lake. My husband has to pack today for a business trip so I have 4 evenings of watching the jewelry programs on TV. Yeah!

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.
36.gif

Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a debacle last night was! I was pretty good on the drinking front (the wine was really quite bad if the truth be told) but from a food front I ate pretty much everything that was put in front of me. I didn't realize how much I'd had though until we were driving home and I yawned and it was very uncomfortable. Not enough room in there for my hugely over-full stomach and extra air in my lungs, LOL. I really should have paid better attention to how much I was eating before it was too late.

The scale told me I weight 3.5 lbs more than I did yesterday. Time for a new scale I think...

This morning did a 500 cal workout but it was a bit short. I had an early open house and spent too much time lulling around in bed with the pups so I only got in about 52 minutes rather than my usual 65. It turns out I could have stayed the extra few minutes at the gym but with two big events going on in the city right near my open house location I didn't want to chance the extra time really bad traffic might take.

Tonight I have a client coming over to look at some floorplans for a new development and the HH is making herb crusted swordfish on the gill and a cous-cous and lentil salad. YUM!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 4:52:42 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
What a debacle last night was! I was pretty good on the drinking front (the wine was really quite bad if the truth be told) but from a food front I ate pretty much everything that was put in front of me. I didn''t realize how much I''d had though until we were driving home and I yawned and it was very uncomfortable.

You and me both.
11.gif
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, our Starbucks does not have the mini vanilla scones. I'd surely try them if they did. Well at least I know that if you and Greg lived in Tampa, we'd never be fighting over the last Cherry Scone from Panera!! I wasn't too sure your dessert detox would make it! I'm not sure how one could pass up such a terrific dessert anyway. Glad you had such a nice night with your friends.

Marcy, the Tart Cherry Scones don't have cherry filling, they have actual tart (kind of soft and sour/tart) whole cherries baked in. It's not like a cherry pie filling. But they are super duper (at least to my taste buds) good.

DeeJay, we all have indulgent evenings from time to time. It's not likely you'll have gained what your evil scale says you did. I'm sure it's temporary and will be gone quickly. I haven't had that oh god how much did I eat, uncomfortable feeling for some time. I also hate the it was fun drinking so much, but man it's not fun the day after feeling anymore either. I haven't over indulged with alcohol in a long long time. Except for my Sapporo beer with Sushi, it wouldn't bother me if I never drank anything alcoholic again. Good for you getting up early and having a 500 calory workout!!

We had a nice normal Sunday. After we left for lunch and argued about where to go. Isn't that funny. So many places to go, but nothing appealed to us, so we wound up yet again at Panera. At least there we find we can get something healthy and light, like a You Pick Two (choose from salads, soups and sandwiches) that it's just often the easiest choice. It was a pretty hot day, so instead of coffee at Starbucks, I decided on a Iced Green Tea Lemonaide. Very tasty, but maybe a tad too sweet. Then even though neither of us was really rearing to go to the gym, we dragged our butts there anyway and had a very solid workout. We even did some extra free weights and my arms are a little extra sore.

Today, was just a blase, neither of us knew what to have to eat kind of day. And that carried over to dinner. I didn't want fish, I had fish last night. I didn't want chicken or steak or anything that really required much thought or preparation, so I wound up having a big salad with whole fresh cooked (at the grocery store) turkey breast and Charlie decided to make little ground chicken patties and baked them. It was certainly healthy fare, but nothing particularly exciting. Then we decided to go and have a Cali-Yogurt treat again like we had last night. And to our amazement, they are closed on Sunday. So, let's see, they only have 2 very expensive flavors and they're not open on Sundays. Other people showed up too and everyone was chatting about how foolish to be closed on Sunday, which is a traditional family treat night. This place surely won't be in business long. So, we went to Starbucks for coffee and then we still wanted some yogurt, so we came home and walked around the corner to our local frozen yogurt shop. Then we watched the sun set in a spectacular blaze of colors while swimming in the pool!

Tomorrow is Monday, which means no workout on Monday and we'll have Sushi at our 2nd favorite Sushi place (what a surprise, eh??). I hope everyone's having a very nice Sunday evening.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi! Rod, I like hearing about your routine. If I ever visit Tampa I will seek the starbucks with the lovely tree! I like panera too. What is your favorite you pick two combinations? I love the fandango salad. That''s what I order almost always.

I had a great weekend. Yesterday DH and I went for a great bike ride for nearly two hours, tackling lots of hills that looked very intimidating! I went to a pool party in the afternoon and wore my new skirt from banana republic. I bought it while in a hurry and bought my usual size 12, but while wearing it decided it was too big and wished I had bought a 10! Not sure if I am shrinking or if it''s size inflation! I have always worn a little smaller skirt size than pants, and I''m a 12 in pants now, so I guess it makes sense I can wear a 10 in skirts. Anyway, I behaved quite well at the party, eating just a few bites of things and just one drink. Met DH for sushi for dinner. Then began the downfall of my eating... we split an ice cream for dessert (homemade at this great ice cream parlor near our house - absolutely wonderful!). Today I did several hours of gardening instead of a gym workout (needed a rest day, have worked out every day this week). Then we attended a picnic for DH''s work. I ate healthily enough til the dessert came out when I had several bites of a piece of cheesecake. It was delicious!!
The scale has still been kind to me though, as of this morning I''m down to my all time low, 21.5 lbs lost. (not sure I trust it!) That was pre-cheesecake :) Desserts are really a weakness for me.

This week we have plans to eat out 4 nights (rare for us!) so I''ll have to be extra careful with my eating. It''s hard to enjoy eating out while watching cals at the same time. Usually we just eat out 1-2 times a week and at least one of those is sushi, which is light. This week we have several business dinners at really good restaurants that I want to thoroughly enjoy!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2007 10:26:13 PM
Author: gailrmv
hi! Rod, I like hearing about your routine. If I ever visit Tampa I will seek the starbucks with the lovely tree! I like panera too. What is your favorite you pick two combinations? I love the fandango salad. That''s what I order almost always.

I had a great weekend. Yesterday DH and I went for a great bike ride for nearly two hours, tackling lots of hills that looked very intimidating! I went to a pool party in the afternoon and wore my new skirt from banana republic. I bought it while in a hurry and bought my usual size 12, but while wearing it decided it was too big and wished I had bought a 10! Not sure if I am shrinking or if it''s size inflation! I have always worn a little smaller skirt size than pants, and I''m a 12 in pants now, so I guess it makes sense I can wear a 10 in skirts. Anyway, I behaved quite well at the party, eating just a few bites of things and just one drink. Met DH for sushi for dinner. Then began the downfall of my eating... we split an ice cream for dessert (homemade at this great ice cream parlor near our house - absolutely wonderful!). Today I did several hours of gardening instead of a gym workout (needed a rest day, have worked out every day this week). Then we attended a picnic for DH''s work. I ate healthily enough til the dessert came out when I had several bites of a piece of cheesecake. It was delicious!!
The scale has still been kind to me though, as of this morning I''m down to my all time low, 21.5 lbs lost. (not sure I trust it!) That was pre-cheesecake :) Desserts are really a weakness for me.

This week we have plans to eat out 4 nights (rare for us!) so I''ll have to be extra careful with my eating. It''s hard to enjoy eating out while watching cals at the same time. Usually we just eat out 1-2 times a week and at least one of those is sushi, which is light. This week we have several business dinners at really good restaurants that I want to thoroughly enjoy!
Thanks Gail! Sometimes I think we''re in a rut, but then I realize if we are, I actually love my rut as it provides a level of comfort, especially now that we''re safely home in Tampa where we belong. If you ever do come to Tampa, you have to meet us for a cup of coffee under our oak tree. It''s one of the things we missed most when we were in Raleigh. We had like 4 different Starbucks we frequented in Raleigh, but none had the character and community feel of our Starbucks under the oak tree. In answer to your question about which combo I have as my You Pick Two? I often mix it up. If they have the low fat vegetable soup, I often get 1/2 of their signature grilled chicken sandwiches (who''s name completely escapes me at the moment) or I''ll get the chicken caesar salad but ask them to go very light on the dressing. Sometimes, like today, I had the passion fruit and chicken salad and 1/2 a turkey sandwich on sourdough with lettuce, tomato and mayo. And sometimes, I get a cup of clam chowder and 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich on multi grain bread. Most of the time though, I get a turkey sandwich on an everything bagel. Now, that''s probably more information about me than you EVER really needed! LOL I''m glad you enjoyed your bikeride with your hubby and the rest of your weekend sounded great too! Do be careful eating out this week!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2007 2:01:55 PM

Sharon, the cherry scones never really appealed to me until you add the word ''almond'' in there -- YUM! If you make them and they''re good will you please post the recipe?
HI:

DeeJay: I made these scones today and while they were quite good and I enjoyed the difference buttermilk, oats, almond and nutmeg makes, I won''t bake them again. I love the scone recipe (baking powder biscut) my MOm has and I''ll stick to it. Sorry Rod, that means I won''t be sending any your way.....

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2007 10:49:15 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Sharon, the cherry scones never really appealed to me until you add the word ''almond'' in there -- YUM! If you make them and they''re good will you please post the recipe?
HI:

DeeJay: I made these scones today and while they were quite good and I enjoyed the difference buttermilk, oats, almond and nutmeg makes, I won''t bake them again. I love the scone recipe (baking powder biscut) my MOm has and I''ll stick to it. Sorry Rod, that means I won''t be sending any your way.....

cheers--Sharon
Darn!! But thanks for thinking of me anyway!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2007 10:49:15 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Sharon, the cherry scones never really appealed to me until you add the word 'almond' in there -- YUM! If you make them and they're good will you please post the recipe?
HI:

DeeJay: I made these scones today and while they were quite good and I enjoyed the difference buttermilk, oats, almond and nutmeg makes, I won't bake them again. I love the scone recipe (baking powder biscut) my MOm has and I'll stick to it. Sorry Rod, that means I won't be sending any your way.....

cheers--Sharon

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy them! Being a good friend though I'd be happy to help you rid your kitchen of any extras...
2.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I indulge Starbucks maple walnut scones..they''re doughy, sweet and a once a week treat
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results