shape
carat
color
clarity

Got Some Pictures to show ya....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really nice stone you have there, nala! I love how you''ve made it the centerpiece of your wedding set by forgoing melee and going with a simple setting and plain band! Lovely!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 11:23:02 PM
Author: dianne
Holy cow! That is knuckle-to-knuckle gorgeous!!
I like how you put that! ITA!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 11:23:31 PM
Author: nala2000
Can someone explain what contributes to the colors that diamonds put out....

This diamond is a like a kaleidoscope....It''s amazing. I have never seen anything like it....I see different colors (blue, green, purple, yellow, red, etc.) I even see sparkles of color in areas of low light.

The diamond is also crystal clear, despite the inclusions that are only visible under the scope.

Go Pears, Go Pears,.................Go Pears!!!!!!
That is dispersion and fire, it''s what well cut diamonds do best.
31.gif
So it sounds like you''ve got a great one there!

It''s just gorgeous, and HUGE. Did it come with a sling??
9.gif
2.gif

Congrats on your new bauble!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i love your new pear! everybody should get one! but i''m biased...
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your pear diamond is awesome! I''d have to take it off to drive because I was be so busy watching it sparkle I''d wreck the car for sure.

Enjoy that beauty.
36.gif

Marcy

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Sitting at home....

moreringpics006resized.jpg

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Is it me or does it look like the tip is off and to the side???

How would a Bezel look around my ring? Would it cause light leakage? Or should I keep it the way it is?

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Oppps..............This is the picture I was referring to (tip is off to the side)

Newring004resized.jpg

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors which come off a diamond have to do with diamond having a high refractive index meaning the light is split into the colors of the spectrum. Refraction works the same with water and glass meaning the light is split.

YMA

Shiny_Rock
Nala,

It's doesn't look off to the side to me, but D*ZMN is it huge and georgeous
30.gif

I am picking my pear today and I am only wishing I have as much finger coverage as you do.

My pear is 2.37ct 11.50 x 7.60 x 4.5, so I constantly keep coming back to this picture to get a "idea" how my stone will look.

That stone is the BOMBdiggity!

nala2000

Rough_Rock
Hi YMA -

Can''t wait to see your ring!!!!!!

I share in your excitment!!!!
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool new stone you have. Wear it in happiness. I think it looks great in it''s current setting.

As far as the tip being a little off maybe the ring is a little big (finger size) and it is spinning?

mara54

Shiny_Rock
That is one heck of a beauty....very, very nice... I am going to look at pears more often.. congratulations
35.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s ginormous! And so sparkly! Perfect simple setting and wedding band.

I wouldn''t bezel that stone...it already looks huge as it is, and anything additional would run the risk of making it look like costume jewelry.

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 1:11:50 PM
Author: nala2000
Oppps..............This is the picture I was referring to (tip is off to the side)
I see what you mean in this pic. The tip prong does look like it''s leaning to the left but it doesn''t look that way in the first pic you posted. Maybe it''s just the angle you are holding your hand. I think it''s gorgeous in this setting...it''s simply a stunning stone!! If I changed anything I think I would have a V-tip on the point, that''s all, and mostly for protection because I can be hard on my hands. I can''t have anything sitting too high because clumsy me will knock it into something, for sure. Enjoy that beautiful ring!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results