shape
carat
color
clarity

New 1.21 ctw 8-prong martini diamond studs from WhiteFlash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thought I''d share these in case anyone out there is considering something similar.

These are .60 and .61 H/SI1 stones (GIA, Expert Selection) set in 18k WG.

Initially, I was concerned the stones might be too small to look good in the 8-prong settings, but I think they look fine!

BTW, Bob from WF was extremely helpful and pleasant to work with.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. :)

Anne

anne_earring_normal.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BTW, I believe the big of weirdness you see in the photo above (near the top of the stone) is just a reflection of the prong...

Another pic is attached.

anne_earring_zoom.jpg

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, last photo. The one I received from WF before they shipped the earrings out. Their photos are sooo nice!

Anne

anne_earrings_from_WF.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anne, this is my all time favorite stud earring setting! I think they a gorgeous, and they look perfect on your ear!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowie! Those are GORGEOUS and they look HUGE on you! YUM! The setting is great, too. You people are KILLING me with all your gorgeous Whiteflash diamond earrings!

Congratulations on your beautiful new earrings!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Me likey!!! Just beautiful!
3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really adore this setting too. And when I first saw it, I thought they''d look better on 1+ ct. stones. They look great in the pics!

Anne, are the prongs that noticable, or do you see/notice mostly diamond?

Congrats, and enjoy!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very noticable!!!! And very pretty!

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhhhhhh....GORGEOUS!

I tried these on in 1.50 cwt, and they were absolutely stunning. SO jealous!

Wear them in good health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice. I''d been following your earring thread and was hoping you''ll pick the 8 prong martinis because the prongs look SO much thinner and finer than the 3 prong martinis. Wow, the diamonds look really huge on your ears and they sit so low. Very beautiful.
30.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! :)

Ellen - No, the prongs are not noticeable (from the top at least)... several people I''ve showed didn''t even realize they were there! Of course *I* can see them, but that''s because I know they are there, and really like that style. I like vintage/antique jewelry, and 6 or 8 prongs always brings a bit of that feeling into a piece for me.

The stones themselves are lovely also - I''ve never bought diamonds from WF before, and I can totally see the difference between these well-cut rounds and the usual icky fare in most retail stores. My e-ring is a cushion (from Mark T); I never even looked at rounds. But the stones in these earrings make me think twice, lol!

Anne

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 10:48:01 AM
Author: anne_h
Thanks everyone! :)

Ellen - No, the prongs are not noticeable (from the top at least)... several people I''ve showed didn''t even realize they were there! Of course *I* can see them, but that''s because I know they are there, and really like that style. I like vintage/antique jewelry, and 6 or 8 prongs always brings a bit of that feeling into a piece for me.

The stones themselves are lovely also - I''ve never bought diamonds from WF before, and I can totally see the difference between these well-cut rounds and the usual icky fare in most retail stores. My e-ring is a cushion (from Mark T); I never even looked at rounds. But the stones in these earrings make me think twice, lol!

Anne
Wow, great to hear! I don''t think I''ll change mine anytime soon, but if the upgrade bug hits me, these are coming with. Thanks!

And yes, aren''t well cut rounds just tons of fun?!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow. I must admit I didn''t think I''d like the 8 prong but they really are simply beautiful. The stones are gorgeous too!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Anne! I really love the 2nd shot where you can see some of the profile of the earring. They''re awesome! Congrats!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks great on you! Enjoy!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
What beauties!!! i think the 8 prong is gorgeous. i didn''t think they''d look so noce, but wow!!! ps gals really have the best taste!

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooooo those are my favourite settings! I have these as well as the regular martini and the 8 prongs are my fav. The prongs are SO fine and delicate!

Gorgeous big blingy diamonds! Lucky you!

ottawaexpat1

Rough_Rock
Oh, those are FABULOUS...I love them! I am hoping to get some myself in the next few months. Enjoy them, they look awesome on you - the perfect size.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Love that 8 prong. They also appear to lie very flat and close to your ear, which is a look I particularly like. Excellent setting choice, they look great!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous and look great on you!! The 8 prong settings are wonderful, you can hardly see the prongs.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings, and I agree the size is perfect on your ear! Love the bracelet, too, BTW...you lucky girl
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love them! I think now I am torn between those settings and milgrained bezels!

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
those earrings are just gorgeous annah! they look like little flowers from the side view. the prongs are so delicate, i love em!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Wow, the stones look so HUGE on you. Congrats!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Those martini settings are great! The eight prongs have a sort of flower-vibe to me. I love them!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!!! Now you have me rethinking my settings!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love 8 prongs on stones!!! Beautiful stones too :) Congrats!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2007 9:10:36 AM
Author: anne_h
BTW, I believe the big of weirdness you see in the photo above (near the top of the stone) is just a reflection of the prong...

Another pic is attached.
WOW this is a really cool photo! Your photo really shows the setting and stone well. Great setting, I don''t think I''ve seen it before.
9.gif
How easy is it to clean the pavillion?

THANKS for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results