shape
carat
color
clarity

Goofiest thought ever --- has this ever crossed your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...when I bought my right hand ring I was a size 8 and my finger was a size 5. The ring was so loose I had to have sizing beads put in! Alas, between my divorce and starting college (always sitting on my but studying) I have gained some weight and now the ring is so tight I can only get it off if I soap up my finger in cold water first.

So anyway, when I found this site and saw how my finger is pinched by the ring, I had the crazy thought that I need to lose weight so that my finger will go back to it''s original size and my DIAMOND WILL LOOK BIGGER! I mean, my motivation to go on a diet is kind of screwy, don''t you think?
20.gif

Has anyone else around here ever had that thought?

canaryhaloring.jpg

jenna_g

Rough_Rock
I think most people around here have had that thought...lol. I mostly lurk here but just had to reply when I saw this!

I had a baby almost a year ago and I've only lost about 1/2 the weight, and I still can't wear both of my rings at once. (Don't wanna size them because that's just like giving myself permission to not lose the rest of the weight! ;-) ) Anyway...whenever I wear my e-ring, I look at my chubby little finger and think "wow, this stone looked a lot bigger back when my ring was a little loose!" And I'm trying to use my "diamond shrinkage syndrome" as motivation for taking the rest of it off, lol! :)

btw, your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve lost about 11 pounds, and my rings are much easier to get on and off.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do think there is some "finger envy" on ps as well. People seem to always want smaller fingers so that their stones appear larger on their hand.

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I have another kind of envy - smaller knuckle envy! I have a small finger, but my knuckles are larger in comparison, and my ring sadly spins.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is too funny! Hey, what ever motivation you need I would go with it. Dieting is so NOT fun having a goal makes it easier. I actually have never thought that but maybe after the baby is born my motivation will be to lose weight to wear my rings AGAIN. I look young for my age and will totally look like an unmarried teenage mom w/o my rings
20.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely!! My ring looked bigger (and better) when I was smaller. Now that my pregnant hands are puffy, its truly tragic...but yes...any motivation is good motivation & you are not alone! My size 6 finger is now a 6 3/4.

edited to add: at my thinnest it was a 5 1/2.

Diver

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara may not need the finger lipo anymore...if she doesn''t, I''m first in line.
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Psh. I think y''all are looking at this the wrong way....it just means you need bigger diamonds!
36.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Too funny...I always think that when I look at the pics on PS too...and then I laugh about how I have yet another thing to feel self-conscious/insecure etc about! My finger is a size 6 (which is good when I try things on at stores since everything fits!) but my hands are actually quite small, so the finger ''real-estate'' between knuckles is limited.

Ah well...I''ll get over it ;-) But man-oh man when I see a 1.5 carat on a size 4 finger...ohhh the envy I feel :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yep, it''s finger anorexia. How ever small my finger is, I want it smaller. I''m a 4 on my left ring finger, but, only because of my big knuckle. I''ve thought I could have the bones shaved down a bit for a more streamlined finger...LOL PS makes me think very crazy thoughts. I''ve also thought of getting a ''finger extension'' because my hands are so darn tiny...Longer fingers are more elegant and can carry off larger stones. LOL!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
LOL, yes I have had that thought and I would not admit it to anyone except here on this thread :)

I started a new diet last week and I''m not joking, not only do I want to be thinner but I''m looking forward to my rings fitting better and not making my finger look so sausage like.

Beautiful ring by the way. I love yellow diamonds. Maybe one day ...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never really thought about how big your finger is in comparsion to your diamond...I always thought my diamond looked much smaller then 1.01, but know I realize it isnt the diamond that is small, it is my finger is fat, lol, I wear a size 8 1/2
20.gif
Oh yea, I really like that ring you have, I am really getting into the yellow diamonds
1.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
RxTech, I know exactly what you mean! However, for me, it goes along with not fitting into my clothes. When my things don''t fit, I am self-conscious and uncomfortable. When my rings don''t fit, I know it''s REALLY bad!
23.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
In a word - YES! I''m still trying to get to my pre-nursing school weight so my .75 diamond will look bigger! So funny - all the younger gals stayed skinny - but me in peri-menopausal years stacked on the pounds with all the studying!
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results