shape
carat
color
clarity

Jimmy Choo shoes and Gucci clothes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels' thread on LV has prompted me to think abt how much I looooveeee my Jimmy Choo shoes. I've only got one pair (I am not usually a "shoe person", more like a bag and diamond person
2.gif
) but love them so much, that I am going to buy some more (when the sale starts, that is!!
1.gif
).

I also love Gucci clothes (love their shoes but they tend to not be high enough - I am only 5'2' - and need at least 3.5 inches of heels to look half decent in dresses
7.gif
)). I love how they make me look slimmer that I am.
2.gif
3.gif

I will post photos in due course!
1.gif

So are there any fans of JC shoes and Gucci clothes out there? Pics would be appreciated.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a typo in my post. It should read: Gucci clothes make me look slimmer THAN I am.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course! No photos, but I love them. In shoes, I mostly buy Louboutin and Choo, and Prada, along with Chanel and Dolce and Gucci. I have some Gucci clothing, but it cut so small and while I am not big, I find it snug, though I just got a gorgeous A line dress, with beading around the neck, from this season, it is not a tight figure hugging dress so it is fine. Very mod and Jackie Kennedy...I also love Prada clothing as well, and Dolce too...some really great pieces each season, I am tall enough but need to drop a few pounds to really feel comfy in some of these things.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woowww!! Lisa, I knew you'd come through!!
2.gif
1.gif

You have such exquisite tastes in everything, from jewellery to clothes to shoes. You're my IDOL!! If you don't mind my asking, how tall are you, btw (if this is too intrusive, you don't have to answer)? I bet these clothes look gorgeous on you!
30.gif

I really really really love JC shoes. In fact, I think I've become obsessed with them!
6.gif
. I am looking forward to the sale here in S'pore (and even better in HK) so I can go and buy a few pairs, he he!! As much as I love them though, I can't fathom spending $1000 and over for each pair of shoes.

I really love Gucci clothes too. I know, I know, i'm repeating myself. You're right, they are cut a little too snug. But aren't they divine though?

Prada clothes are to die for!! whilst I am not too keen on their bags, I think their clothes are just amazing!!

D&G don't look so good on me, I am afraid!
7.gif
. Just as well though, as otherwise my clothes budget (so to speak) would totally break.

What abt Roberto Cavalli? What do you think of his stuff? I think they're so amazingly gorgeous!! but again, I am not tall enough for them.

Do you have an Hermes bag? I bet you do! I personally prefer the Kelly over the Birkin, but still haven't plucked up enough courage to spend that kind of money over a bag, I'd be too scared to carry it, in case something happens to it. But I do love them both though...maybe for my 50th birthday (I know I have a long wait, so maybe for my 45th b'day), I can ask DH to buy it for me, he he.
11.gif
1.gif

(P.S. are you sure no photos??
8.gif
. I live vicariously through you!!
1.gif
).

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m Caroline, btw...

I am five five and a half..

I like Cavalli, but sometimes his stuff is bit too much for me style wise, a bit like Versace used to be, busy and lots going on, which I do not always love.

I like some Prada bags, just not the typical ones. Where I live it seems there are a handful of women all wearing the same thing. The clothes can be stunning or a bit too spare for me, just depends on the season.

I really love the Tory Burch ballet flats right now...Chanels too, but til recently they were hard fits for me, I have a very high arch and the 8.5''s were too tight and 9''s too lose and not comfy, but they seem to be fitting better now.

I have a Birkin and two Kellys and I have two Trim bags, they are a hobo that Jackie Kennedy carried. I am on the list for a camel Birkin now, and then I would love a blue jean one, I am not really one for crazy colors like hot pink, orange or bright green, but love them on others.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, Caroline, I did know that!! Lisa is Kaleigh [head down in shame!! blushed!!]

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WWWOWW, again!!

I knew it!!
2.gif
. I knew you had at least one Hermes, but didn't want to be presumptuous!!

You really are my fashion hero!!
36.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries, it is an honor to be confused with my buddy!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I wandered into the new Jimmy Choo store for the first time here in Chicago. I think it opened a few months ago. Most of the shoes are too dressy for my needs (as a stay at home mom) but I did see the most gorgeous pair of red, snakeskin flats that I am thinking about buying when we go to Palm Beach this week. They were out of my size at the Chicago store.

I don''t have any experience with Gucci clothing or Hermes bags.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Jimmy Choos too. I only have one pair but Im planning to buy another pair or two when I go to NY. I bought two pairs of Manolo''s in NY last year when I was there and I love them too. I''ll try and take pictures when I get home tonight. Although Im not a bag girl, Ive fallen in love with the Jimmy Choo Ramona-they have it here in the camel colour-its to die for! I dont think I could justify spending €1500 on a bag though so Im hoping it is reduced in the sale.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big fan of Gucci and Prada--I have several pairs of shoes and handbags/accessories as well as Prada outerwear and clothing; Dolce dresses/suits are devine--just love their tailored fit and fabrics. No JC''s so far......
2.gif
I tried on tons of Gucci clothing last summer in their huge store in Honolulu...could have bought everything I touched.......great fit.....

cheers--Sharon

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I didn''t see this thread earilier. Obsessed with heels. I adore them, although my feet likely wish I didn''t! Prefer Jimmy over Manolo anyday. I adore SOME Gucci but have to say that the more conservative Chanel are my speed for work, and if I want fun actually love Tufi Duek. He''s not overpriced either and has great prices, like Guiseppe Zannotti, SEXY SHOES....

Sadly, I am not a fan of Prada in almost anything. They are too "blocky" for my taste. I have to admit Gucci has really changed their style in the last few years and I approve!!!

I remember my first pair of Jimmys I actually had my photographer friend photograph them! Talk about crazy! I know... And it''s been worse since then. Favorite wre a recent pair I found online once but never got them thinking they would be too impractical. I popped into the store after a particularly painful dental appointment and decided in the haze of pain I needed them. So I have outworn my wonderful suede leaopard print 4" heels to the bone. They are my favorite shoes to date. Second favorite are a pair of soft metallic pink strappy sandals I bought at a great deal in the Jimmy Choo in Dubai, where it seems all women have a size 7 foot. Everything was HALF OFF! And I asked for EVERY shoe in my size, but they had ONE pair. And naturally I bought it. ONE PAIR in a 7. One.
39.gif
39.gif

People think I am nuts, but I have been in heels since I was a kid. I adore heels...Jimmy to me, has nice designs than Manolo generally. I won''t lie, there are some Manolos that are lovely, but when i think of what Sex and the City did to their name....I cry a little.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are Jimmy Choos comfortable? I have rather wide and flat feet (nice), and have been sticking to Tods and Blahniks.

Nicrez,
I''m with you on the Blahnik name.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Manolo is a bit more conservative to me now. I favor Louboutin and Choo, Gucci and Dolce too, Chanel can be great. Prada has amazing shoes some seasons but it can be hit or miss. I also really love Zanotti and Pacotti. I love flats lately, but have been a high heels girl for a long time. I have a medium foot with a narrow instep and high arch so heels are great for me. I like Tods flats, and Tory Burch ballet flats are great too. It really depends on the specific shoe. I have certainly seen ugly ones by all designers, things I just cannot imagine anyone buying, at any price.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 9:43:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
Manolo is a bit more conservative to me now. I favor Louboutin and Choo, Gucci and Dolce too, Chanel can be great. Prada has amazing shoes some seasons but it can be hit or miss. I also really love Zanotti and Pacotti. I love flats lately, but have been a high heels girl for a long time. I have a medium foot with a narrow instep and high arch so heels are great for me. I like Tods flats, and Tory Burch ballet flats are great too. It really depends on the specific shoe. I have certainly seen ugly ones by all designers, things I just cannot imagine anyone buying, at any price.
Lucky!
No kidding. The same goes for purses too.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2007 7:58:24 PM
Author: Harriet
Are Jimmy Choos comfortable? I have rather wide and flat feet (nice), and have been sticking to Tods and Blahniks.

Nicrez,
I''m with you on the Blahnik name.
Sometimes they are sometimes they are not. I find it depends on the make actually. The pair I got in Dubai were quite comfy for a while, but they have a band over the toes of gemstones bezelset in metal and THAT actually got a bit painful when the serious summer months started due to foot swelling. I had an old pair of Calvin Kleins that had a pave rhinestone strap but the heels were irreparable, so I had my shoe guy use THAT strap on the Jimmy''s and swap them out. Worked like a charm! So pretty excited to use them this season...

But other than THOSE, I have not had any issues with them so far. I guess like DF I have a medium foot with high arch (when I am barefoot I actually have what my friend once called "permanent barbie foot", where they are always in heel form. I would say that they are my more comfortable pairs on the whole. I have some ultra comfy Italian made shoes, but I also favor leather sole for breathability. And the one shoe I bought for comfort (Geoxx) when I was in Paris and my feet hurt, has let me down the most! They catch me in the heel and rip up my skin, as well as have almost NO breathability as they like to tout. My Todds are true blue, but I only have one pair...I need more!

Years of wearing heels I suppose I ruined them beyond repair, like ballerinas often do to their toes... I have gotten into flats for the practicality of it, and I like them, yet I find they can be just as uncomfortable to me, because my calves and shins hurt more when wearing flats too long, but when in heels only the balls of my feet hurt if I am in the too long... I seem to step harder on the front of my foot, so my flats wear away at the front first!

I do not own one pair of Blahniks anymore on principle alone. I had one pair and when they eventually died, so did my Manolo collection.
38.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the reverse problem -- I ''m too used to flats. Who makes nice low heels?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2007 9:43:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
HI:

Amen Caroline! I, too, have a challenging foot to fit--high arch, narrow heel, so many flats and labels just do not fit and hence I end up buying the same "brand" b/c they are known to my foot. For decades I wore nothing but S. Weitzman b/c it seemed that was all there "was" for me. I feel for my Mom and sister who have super narrow feet/heels--yet narrow Weitzman''s always seem to work. Hubby has the same problem......

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, some designers make all different widths. I am regular, which is B I think, I have a friend who is triple A or E, her feet are like bird feet and so few shoes will fit her skinny feet. I would say I am more average in terms of my feet, but I have a very high instep so certain shoes that lack support in the arch are not good for me when I need to wear them for long periods, unless I put arch supports. I have thought about getting gel inserts to put in some of my more uncomfortable shoes, but have not gotten around to it at all. I do care about fashion but want comfort too and find it hard to match the two!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ferragamo is the only one I''ve found that makes C-widths. They are a bit mature for me though.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
7 1/2 Narrow here.

It is so hard to find a designer shoe that fits correctly.
Manolo''s never fit - too wide. Jimmy''s rarely. It''s always
hit or miss, so I have got to the point where I just avoid
the designer shoe section altogether. S. Weitzman usually fits.
I can get away with a medium width if I insert some type of pad.
Flats are iffy. My best bet is a heel with lots of adjustable
straps. I love Zappos, just order and send ''em back if they don''t fit.
Hey, what do you guys think of these "wild things" !!! Not sure if I''m going to keep them. My sister talked me into them.

2990-393807-p.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
love them! I have a bunion type bump on my outer pinky toes so sometimes it is hard for me to wear a shoe if the strap hits on it, but those are super adorable!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Help me, you well-heeled ladies -- who makes the widest shoes?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann:

Those shoes look sweet! Are they comfy?

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2007 1:11:12 AM
Ferragamo is the only one I've found that makes C-widths. They are a bit mature for me though.
HI:

My girlfriend--an Engineering Prof. on her feet a lot--always wore Ferragamo's since they also fit her C width foot the best. But I don't recall them looking "matronly"--rather stylish and elegant. That said, she shopped in Europe a lot; likely selection varies from country to country.

Anyway, I believe S. Weitzman makes shoes in various widths. Also check Donald. J. Pliner. If they don't have in stock what you need, ask them to place a special order for you.

cheers--Sharon

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 3:38:23 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Ann:

Those shoes look sweet! Are they comfy?

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, yeah they are! I''ve only worn them around on the carpet, fearing
I might send them back. Hubby says they look whoredoggy - whatever that means!
They are D. Pliner''s, I can almost always wear his shoes. There are loads of
knock-offs of this design around. I know Nordstrom has one. (minus the wild animal print!)

How would you guys wear these? I was thinking discretely
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2007 3:51:18 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

My girlfriend--an Engineering Prof. on her feet a lot--always wore Ferragamo''s since they also fit her C width foot the best. But I don''t recall them looking ''matronly''--rather stylish and elegant. That said, she shopped in Europe a lot; likely selection varies from country to country.

Anyway, I believe S. Weitzman makes shoes in various widths. Also check Donald. J. Pliner. If they don''t have in stock what you need, ask them to place a special order for you.

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon! I''ll check out Ferragamo when I''m in Italy this summer (though I''m more likely to be distracted to Tods), and will stup by the other 2.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He he!! Some of the shops started their sale in S'pore this week. So I went and bought 2 pairs of Ferragamo shoes yesterday! Actually, I've been eyeing this pair of 4-inch platform shoes in red leather for a while now, so when I saw them at 30% off, I pounced!! I also bought another pair of black leather platforms. The only thing is they "flip" sideways when I walk (and I only found this out after I'd left the shop), even though they're only 2- 21/2 inches. I think because the leather is so soft, they can't really keep yr feet in, So I am thinking of taking them back for an exchange.

Harriet, I saw some really gorgeous shoes there, very pretty and stylish. Only thing is, they didn't have my size. Just as well, otherwise I'd have gone crazy with the spending!
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are Tods and Manolo on sale too?
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2007 9:11:46 PM
Are Tods and Manolo on sale too?
36.gif
They were not last week, but they should be soon...practically everyone is having the sale. I think the S''pore sale starts early this year, YAY!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results