shape
carat
color
clarity

Welcome Home

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LL Bean, Lands End etc have really soft micro fleece robes and slippers. You might have to rush the shipping, or go to Sears if you have one near by...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 11:57:14 PM
Author: diamondfan
LL Bean, Lands End etc have really soft micro fleece robes and slippers. You might have to rush the shipping, or go to Sears if you have one near by...
Yup, there is a Sears just a few minutes from the house!

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they carry one of those brands, and I know the micro fleece is nice.

you can also order on line and return to sears, jus not sure if it is lands end or ll bean...

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 12:04:55 AM
they carry one of those brands, and I know the micro fleece is nice.

you can also order on line and return to sears, jus not sure if it is lands end or ll bean...
I''m pretty sure it''s Land''s End... I don''t know if I have ever seen LL Bean stuff other than online! I didn''t know you could order it and ship it to Sear''s, that''s convenient. He would love that micro fleece, since those are like the blankets we use in the winter.

*M*

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can order it and if you don''t like it you can return to the store versus mailing it back. their micro fleece is thin but soft, nice for the warmer weather.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 12:09:53 AM
You can order it and if you don''t like it you can return to the store versus mailing it back. their micro fleece is thin but soft, nice for the warmer weather.
That''s great! Thanks! I am going to see what I can find this weekend. DH wanted to do a bunch of snack things for when he gets back, instead of the steak. He decided that would be easier on both of us since food really isn''t going to be the highlight of the day, haha. But I am really excited to do the chocolate fondue since I''ve never tried that before. Hopefully I don''t mess it up. I think I''m going to put some Irish Creme in there also to liven it up a bit, but first I need to find some good chocolate!

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What day does he get home!!! I bet you can''t wait. I am so happy for you!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
He gets home in about four weeks, give or take a few days. They don''t have a set date, just a set week. It''s kind of annoying, haha. I really can''t wait, but the last few weeks are almost worse than when he left because it''s so close, but seems like forever at the same time.

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friends husband is the millitary and the same thing happened; she wasn''t exactly sure when he would be back. I made her a count down calendar. You should make one and show him. heeheee

How long has he been gone? I bet you can''t wait!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 8:52:23 PM
Author: Skippy123
My friends husband is the millitary and the same thing happened; she wasn''t exactly sure when he would be back. I made her a count down calendar. You should make one and show him. heeheee

How long has he been gone? I bet you can''t wait!
I can''t make a count down calendar. I did it while he was in boot camp and it just makes me concentrate less. I have a little teeny numbers in my planner next to the tentative date they gave me (which I''m apparently not allowed to give out, lol), but that''s about as much as I can handle right now. He has been gone *gulp* seven months almost. I can hardly wait until he gets transferred to his new command for his Medical Hold, so let''s all hope that goes through, since neither of us want to do this again (not that we wanted to do this in the first place!).

*M*

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
poptart, you are so sweet. I know what you mean about LD being difficult but also a learning experience; if I hadn''t gone away for college for 16 months, I''m pretty sure we wouldn''t be planning a wedding quite yet.

Sounds like you have great things planned out for him! Life on a ship sounds dreadful, I''m not sure my brother knows about that side of Navy life (he hasn''t been on a deployment yet, he''s still in college and training).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 9:48:44 PM
Author: anchor31
poptart, you are so sweet. I know what you mean about LD being difficult but also a learning experience; if I hadn''t gone away for college for 16 months, I''m pretty sure we wouldn''t be planning a wedding quite yet.

Sounds like you have great things planned out for him! Life on a ship sounds dreadful, I''m not sure my brother knows about that side of Navy life (he hasn''t been on a deployment yet, he''s still in college and training).
Yea, life on the ship really seems to be no fun at all. It''s noisy, all metal, and since DH works in an office on the ship and is no longer allowed on the flight deck because of his hearing, he sometimes doesn''t see the sun for a few days. I didn''t know that until recently. I would seriously lose my mind in that situation. I just couldn''t do it.

*M*

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Poptart,

I just got my Tuesday Morning sale flyer...(hope you have a Tuesday morning...not the day of course, the outlet store..) anyway they have a fondue server...I suppose that means a thing that keeps it warm, not actually a melter...for only $12.99. It is pictured in bright red includes a ceramic pot, the lid, 4 bowls, the stand that is silver and on ball feet, forks that appear to have a different color dot on the end (so each person knows their fork), tea light and ceramic candle holder. They say it is a stackable design-I guess for storage purposes. Sale items available May 1. Each bowl is shown full...one is strawberriess, one is sliced kiwi, one is bread cubes and the other appears to be either pineapple or cheese. Have to come up with a really good list...that isn''t sounding too good. Love the strawberry part. The pot is filled with Chocolate. Oh Godiva stores offer a good melting chocolate.

On to the robe idea...had a Eureka moment...what about personalizing? You could use simply iron on, or get it sewn on...maybe put your pet name...or something funny like...Poptarts Hunk, The Italian Stallion...Poptarts Sailor...Poptarts'' Captain..Poptarts Shipmate...Ocean Going Vessel Contained within...

Chief of Naval Operations
Home Base Unit (or CNO for short)

Surely the board can help you with a fun complementary phrase that just you two can enjoy.

Sounds as if your plans are coming together! I am so excited for you!!

DKS

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 5:46:26 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Poptart,

I just got my Tuesday Morning sale flyer...(hope you have a Tuesday morning...not the day of course, the outlet store..) anyway they have a fondue server...I suppose that means a thing that keeps it warm, not actually a melter...for only $12.99. It is pictured in bright red includes a ceramic pot, the lid, 4 bowls, the stand that is silver and on ball feet, forks that appear to have a different color dot on the end (so each person knows their fork), tea light and ceramic candle holder. They say it is a stackable design-I guess for storage purposes. Sale items available May 1. Each bowl is shown full...one is strawberriess, one is sliced kiwi, one is bread cubes and the other appears to be either pineapple or cheese. Have to come up with a really good list...that isn''t sounding too good. Love the strawberry part. The pot is filled with Chocolate. Oh Godiva stores offer a good melting chocolate.

On to the robe idea...had a Eureka moment...what about personalizing? You could use simply iron on, or get it sewn on...maybe put your pet name...or something funny like...Poptarts Hunk, The Italian Stallion...Poptarts Sailor...Poptarts'' Captain..Poptarts Shipmate...Ocean Going Vessel Contained within...

Chief of Naval Operations

Home Base Unit (or CNO for short)

Surely the board can help you with a fun complementary phrase that just you two can enjoy.

Sounds as if your plans are coming together! I am so excited for you!!

DKS

We do have a Tuesday Morning, and I am always up for a sale! Thanks for sharing that. The personalized robe is a great idea. I can sew pretty well, so I could sew the letters onto his robe with no problem. If I put any navy sayings though he would probably never talk to me again, haha. He actually does call me poptart, so Poptart''s Hunk is really cute and could work! That was a really good idea, I hadn''t even thought of that. I don''t suppose you could iron on labels to microfleece though? That would be a lot easier...

*M*

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
If you are Poptart...you should start calling him Sweettart.

"Oh Sweettart..Oh Poptart"

Know that was goofy, it was just what popped into my thoughts.

DKS

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
No... but they are coming home a few days early, so it''s just about a week and a half now. I am kind of losing my mind. It''s true!!! I think this is the hardest part of the entire thing. Every day seems to take years even though I am keeping myself busy and family is visiting! Thanks for checking in, that''s so sweet of you!

*M*

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh sorry sweetie, I shouldn''t have asked as you were probably going on about your day...and then had to stop and be reminded. But the time is shortening isn''t it?

How are your plans coming together? I bet as the time nears...it won''t matter about the preparedness...all that really matters is your time together. I think the main plans need to be to remind everyone they will have their time with him...but as you say when it gets home HE IS YOURS. You have no phone...and no front door...you might remind people you are not kidding.
1.gif

DKS

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 2:11:22 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oh sorry sweetie, I shouldn''t have asked as you were probably going on about your day...and then had to stop and be reminded. But the time is shortening isn''t it?

How are your plans coming together? I bet as the time nears...it won''t matter about the preparedness...all that really matters is your time together. I think the main plans need to be to remind everyone they will have their time with him...but as you say when it gets home HE IS YOURS. You have no phone...and no front door...you might remind people you are not kidding.
1.gif

DKS
Oh no, don''t worry about it. About three months in if you had asked me I probably would have broken down, but at this point it''s not bad. The anticipation is just killing me because there is nothing but a couple days in port and some water in between us now. And they will actually be getting in a few days earlier than planned, so my family is staying another week after graduation to see him. They haven''t seen him in almost a year! So we are in the single digits now. I have also reminded people that for about a week after he comes back I don''t exist, so don''t call me, lol!

I still have to go grocery shopping, but I''m trying to do that nearer when he comes back so I have fresher food, and I just wanted to pick up a nice robe for him, but other than that I''m pretty much set! I am actually getting a little nervous, too, but I guess that''s normal (I hope).

*M*

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results