shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS loose diamonds... checking the report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
Hello

I love this site! Much to the dismay of my husband as I have spent a wee bit too much time on here learning all I can before I purchase some diamonds for my new stud earrings. I recently purchased two 0.34ct diamonds from an online vendor that came with AGS certificates. I used the HCA tool and they are graded as 1.1 on each of them. On the website, the stones are listed as Ideal for polish and symmetry but I can''t find that on the cert or on the AGSL website on verifying report. That area is just blank. My E-ring is a GIA cert (custom design 1.03ct D, SI1 Marquise cut excellent) so I am new to the AGSL cert as well as round stones. The info is below on one of the diamonds:

Report Type: Diamond Quality™ Document
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 4.48 - 4.50 x 2.77 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade: AGS 2.5 (I)
Clarity Grade: AGS 5 (SI1)
Carat Weight 0.341
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments:

Additional clouds are not shown.
Polish:
Symmetry:
Table: 55.5%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown Height: 15.4%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.8% to 4.2%
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion Depth: 42.8%
Star Length: 53%
Lower Girdle Length: 75%
Total Depth: 61.7%
Culet: Pointed

I am getting them appraised to make sure they are what I purchased, but would anyone know if they are indeed Ideal polish and symmetry? or if this indeed an AGS 000?

Thanks so much for any help.
36.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm.. I think polish and symm is included in the cut grade, the cut grade will get a point dedected if sym or polish is not ideal.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/8/2008 11:19:47 AM
Author:PinkSummer

the stones are listed as Ideal for polish and symmetry but I can''t find that on the cert or on the AGSL website on verifying report.
On the newer AGS Diamond Quality Documents you find that breakdown on a flap on the extreme right of the document.

Example: http://www.agslab.com/content/sample_dqd_large.html

Does that help?

As stone-cold said, the DQD would not have a grade of AGS0 if polish/symmetry were less than ideal.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2008 11:38:59 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
hmm.. I think polish and symm is included in the cut grade, the cut grade will get a point dedected if sym or polish is not ideal.
That's correct - in order to earn the AGS0 DQD, the polish/symmetry cannot be other than ideal.

They recently revamped the DQD and provide all the details on the folded side.

ETA: LOL - got distracted during post and now it's a cross-post. That JP is SO quick!
2.gif

PinkSummer

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your help. I got the certs today and the one side is folded and does say that it is an AGS000. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results