shape
carat
color
clarity

Honoring Deceased in Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone.. I have a question about honoring a deceased parent in the Wedding program. My fiance''s father died 2 years ago, and we would like to honor him in the program in the thank you section at the end of the program, but I don''t know how to word it right. We are not doing anything during the ceremony for him, like a candle or flowers or anything because my fiance is not comfortable with it, so the program is the only place to do it... So far we have the thank you section laid out like this:

Thanks and Dedications
We would like to express thanks to our parents, family, and friends for all their love and support. Thank you all for sharing this special day with us.

Any suggestions on how to fit the dedication in?? Thanks in advance!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! how about this: kalispera and first name of groom wish to express their appreciation to name of bride's mother and name of bride's father and name of groom's mother and the late name of groom's father, our loving parents, and to all of our family and friends. we are so happy and grateful to you for your love and support.

my wording may not express your sentiment but i think if you name the parents you can include the deceased father simply by naming him equally but noting he is no longer with you.

eta: sorry i did not comprehend that you specifically wanted to dedicate to him. i should have read more closely your post.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I basically stole this wording from somebody''s knot bio, but this is what''s on the last page of our program and maybe it can help you:

In Remembrance
As we celebrate this day, we would like to remember those who are not here to celebrate in person. You are forever in our hearts.

Mrs. xxxx
Grandmother of the Bride

Mr. xxxx
Grandfather of the Bride

Mr. and Mrs. xxxx
Grandparents of the Groom

Mr. xxxx
Uncle of the Groom

Thank you…
There are so many elements that make today special, but sharing the first day of our lives as husband and wife with our family and friends makes it truly extraordinary. We are so thankful for the warm wishes and love each of you brings.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the back of our trifold programs I wrote:

"In loving memory of
XXXX XXXXXXXXX
Grandmother of the Bride"

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! Those suggestions are exactly what I was looking for.. I will talk to my fiance and see what he prefers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results