shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me select a song!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I need help selecting a song for my son and I to dance to at his upcoming wedding. So many of the songs just aren’t appropriate – they are more for the couple, rather than a mother/son dance. Any suggestions?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I googled some keywords for you and came up with this list from wedalert.com............. mother/son dance songs. This list looks nice and long so I hope this at least gives you some ideas :) Good luck!!!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another list from a website called "bostonareadjs". Some of these look a little questionable, but some might be good:

http://www.bostonareadjs.com/slist.php

Favorite Mother/Son
1 A Song For Mama Boyz II Men Evolution
2 Wind Beneath My Wings Bette Midler Beaches (Soundtrack)
3 Because You Loved Me Celine Dion Falling Into You
4 Through the Years Kenny Rogers Share Your Love
2 A Song For My Son Steve Moser, Mikki Viereck, Ray Allaire A Song For My Son -
6 Sunise, Sunset Fiddler on the Roof Fiddler on the Roof (Soundtrack) -
7 Unforgettable Nat King Cole The Greatest Hits
8 Butterfly Kisses Bob Carlisle Shades of Grace
9 In My Life The Beatles 1962-1966 -
10 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You Rod Stewart If We Fall in Love Tonight
11 Wishing Tree Sonia Dada Day At The Beach -
12 Blessed Elton John Love Songs -
13 Hero Mariah Carey Music Box
14 You''re the Inspiration Chicago Chicago 17
15 Ever I Saw Your Face Roberta Flack First Take -
16 Greatest Love of All Whitney Houston Whitney
17 I am Your Child Barry Manilow The Complete Collection
18 I Will Always Love You Whitney Houston The Bodyguard (Soundtrack)
19 I Wish You Love Natalie Cole Take a Look
20 In This Life Bette Midler Bette of Roses

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
SoHappy & LoverinAthens- thanks for the links!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love "You are the love of my Life" by Carly Simon...about a mother seeing her child for the first time and loving him...

I also like "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong, not a mother child song per se, but I do like the sentiment.

"Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon is nice too, but these are songs I used at my son''s bar mitzvah for his video and our dance together, so you might want something that is more about the man and not him being a little boy!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
stevie wonder---you are the sunshine of my life

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i LOVE "forever young" by rod stewart. but we chose "what a wonderful world" by louis armstrong.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 8:43:55 AM
Author: diamondfan
I love ''You are the love of my Life'' by Carly Simon...about a mother seeing her child for the first time and loving him...

I also like ''What a wonderful world'' by Louis Armstrong, not a mother child song per se, but I do like the sentiment.

''Beautiful Boy'' by John Lennon is nice too, but these are songs I used at my son''s bar mitzvah for his video and our dance together, so you might want something that is more about the man and not him being a little boy!

Diamondfan - I really like "What a wonderful world", thank you.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
NYCSparkle & jcrow - I like both of your suggestions as well. I''ll suggest these to my son and see if he has a preference. Thank you for helping!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Based on the lists posted by others, I think "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart is most appropriate. It makes me smile because I think of that Pampers commercial with the baby animals... so cute! The rest seem too much like love songs for a couple or are just too sappy for my tastes.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 8:15:38 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior
Based on the lists posted by others, I think ''Forever Young'' by Rod Stewart is most appropriate. It makes me smile because I think of that Pampers commercial with the baby animals... so cute! The rest seem too much like love songs for a couple or are just too sappy for my tastes.

Thanks for your insight!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Have I Told You Lately that I Love You - Rod Stewart

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 9:42:44 PM
Author: LAJennifer
Have I Told You Lately that I Love You - Rod Stewart

Thanks LAJennifer - am adding this to the list of possibilities!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results