shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i think you are in luck as i believe someone posted a pic of their's like that. i will go look.

eta: it is facet fire. do a search for cartier trinity with little diamonds. there are pics.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 11:27:10 AM
Author: crown1
i think you are in luck as i believe someone posted a pic of their''s like that. i will go look.

eta: it is facet fire. do a search for cartier trinity with little diamonds. there are pics.
Thanks. I forgot I even posted in that thread
6.gif
Is there much difference between the Cartier and the Memoire?

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i suppose that depends on who you ask. i selected memoire for several reasons. one i preferred the syle of the channel set and cartier told me they only do pave. if you look closely at the channel set cartier it actually has prongs or whatever you call those on pave. i wanted all platinum and cartier told me no platinum. memoire has a very good reputation and i liked the description of the manufacturing process and such. i was able to get 2.97tcw g vs platinum for much less than the cartier gold which cartier told me they don't give tcw's on diamonds so small. i got a great deal on what i wanted so i went with memoire since a trusted jeweler is having it made for me. when i see it i might be sorry. time will tell. i did not need to have the cartier stamp inside the ring to make me happy. i do like the cartier trinity rings of all types i just couldn't see the wisdom of choosing cartier for this particuliar ring.

eta: the info i got from cartier was via phone since there are none near me.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a Cartier near me, either. My jeweler sells HOF and I think he would be able to order Memoire, since HOF aquired them. I don''t need the "C" inside the rings. I saw the Memoire on Bill Barnes website and was considering that as an option. I reallly think I would need to try this style on...I have no idea how a trinity would fit me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They do make one with channel set stones, it is about 8000.00 dollars. The pave one, with the pink, white and yellow diamonds in pink, white and yellow gold was a limited edition and about 58,000.00.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
good luck on finding the memoire in stock. i called several different states and they can get it but don''t have it. maybe if you wear a size the company has made up in stock your jeweler can get it on memo. i do know a north carolina jeweler told me she could get a size 6 from memoire since they had one made. i would have had to drive 6 hours and 6 is not my size. i looked at the pics i could find on hands and am taking a chance. the good lord looks out for little children and dummies and i feel ok on this. i hope. let us know what you decide i am always interested in the trinity and rolling rings.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi df! i don''t mean to dispute your word but i just called cartier nyc and she confirms it is pave set in a channel set look and both the wg and tri color gold are $9500.. i don''t have any insight in this only what she told me and i can see the prongs inside what appears to be a channel set. am i missing another style?
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks channel set, Kaleigh and I tried it on in Cartier and I recall it was a bit under 9000.00, I might be off a bit here or there, but it was definitely under 9000.00. They have just had a price increase on all items, so I am sure it has gone up. It looked like a channel and was flatter so it did not roll as well as a domed ring.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
did you try tri or plain wg or yg? did you like the look? thanks!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in Cartier on Tuesday. I could be wrong, but I think the rings are channel-set. I tried both the WG ($9800) and Tri-G($9,500) ones on, and they may be too chunky for me.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Chunkier than the plain trinity you have now?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 12:19:36 PM
good luck on finding the memoire in stock. i called several different states and they can get it but don''t have it. maybe if you wear a size the company has made up in stock your jeweler can get it on memo. i do know a north carolina jeweler told me she could get a size 6 from memoire since they had one made. i would have had to drive 6 hours and 6 is not my size. i looked at the pics i could find on hands and am taking a chance. the good lord looks out for little children and dummies and i feel ok on this. i hope. let us know what you decide i am always interested in the trinity and rolling rings.
The fingers on my right hand are more "stock" size than those on my left hand...weird
19.gif
If I do a middle finger ring, I could wear a 6, ring finger is a 5. Left hand is a half size down [or more] on all fingers. I have difficulty with sizing, as it is, with a single band. I wonder if this is the right ring for me. I couldn''t do a special order, in case it doesn''t fit. I''m disappointed that you just can''t go into a jeweler''s and try them on
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
We tried on the tri colored one like Katie Holmes has. It did not roll as nicely.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
risingsun, you may have better luck than i did and be able to find the memoire in a store. i would not give up without trying if it was something i wanted. i almost just let it slide since it is a risk but since the jeweler had me come in and "sized" me himself i am not worried if it does not fit as i think he will stand behind his work.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 1:16:51 PM
Author: risingsun
Chunkier than the plain trinity you have now?
Much. Less rolling fun too.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i do not know about the ease of rolling of the memoire. does anybody out there have one? if so, can you help out? i do know that memoire is noted for their precision work. we will see. i think the rings that have been tried on have been cartier.

eta: i would not expect something that was not rounded or domed like the regular trinity to roll as easily. i don't expect that memoire or cartier would continue to make them if they are getting complaints or having problems. this ring has been a staple with them (cartier) since the 1920's i don't know if that included the diamond styles or not. i think the ring rising is looking at had the burnished look scattered and it is rounded? is that correct?

eta: rising, facet fire addressed the comfort and rolling ease in her thread. she also talked about size. if you go back and read that as i just did it may help you. if you are interested i got some prices on the style you looked at. they are about a month old and i am sure they have gone up as the tri color price is 8950 and the wg 9300. these are cartier. tri burnished diamonds 2400. not current but a good ballpark figure. i do have some memoire prices on that style but no need to go into that if you are not interested. hth. probably as clear as mud.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Crown, it looks rounded to me, but that's only based upon pics. I think the ring looks like the plain bands, but with the scattered diamonds, so I think it would have the same shape. I would love to do an in-person comparison between the Cartier and the Memoire, but that would involve more traveling than I'm willing to do, at this point
2.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
reising, if you go memoire that style is available in .32 and .54. also different color golds and platinum. a month old price from pearlmans in tri .54 was 1500.. the beauty of that would be working with a trusted ps vendor. they did not have it on their site but said they could get it. not sure if that is returnable but think maybe not. wouldn't hurt to call.

eta: i hope giving the prices is not tasteless. i know it made a great difference when i was deciding and i hoped it might save you some calls.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 2:23:28 PM
reising, if you go memoire that style is available in .32 and .54. also different color golds and platinum. a month old price from pearlmans in tri .54 was 1500.. the beauty of that would be working with a trusted ps vendor. they did not have it on their site but said they could get it. not sure if that is returnable but think maybe not. wouldn''t hurt to call.

eta: i hope giving the prices is not tasteless. i know it made a great difference when i was deciding and i hoped it might save you some calls.
Giving the price is helpful
1.gif
I appreciate all your help. I''ve been trying to get on Pearlman''s site, but for some reason it won''t load. That happens sometimes with Pearlman''s....
19.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t know if you caught the eta above with the other prices. i don''t think you will find any rolling rings on the memoire section of pearlmans unless they are a new addition. let me know if you make a decision. i am interested.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I will let you know. I'm debating about having my sapphire [in my three stone RHR] recut by Richard Homer, but then I might want to reset it. I wear it with a diamond band on the same hand and then THAT might need a reset. Since I recently upgraded my wedding set to HOF and ACA, I'm thinking all my present RHR diamonds should be upgraded too
14.gif
So my RHR project is quickly spiraling out of control
6.gif
I've been thinking of the trinity as a way to have a nice RHR to wear and save the "project" for the future...besides, who doesn't need some choices in RHR
3.gif
I've gone totally nutty since I found PS
31.gif

ETA: Yes I did see the prices that you listed. Sounds reasonable to me.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
this makes life interesting! i hope whatever you want the most makes it on your finger.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went with the Cartier in tri gold, not stones, because I could go there and try it on. The jeweler near me that sells Memoire does not stock the rolling rings and said I would be obligated as it was a special order. Forget that.

Now I am loving the wide rose gold band I saw at Cartier when I went to get the rolling ring. It is next on my list, I love rose gold and am building some pieces and this was a neat ring. No diamonds, just the Cartier C''s etched on it.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
df, is it on the cartier website? it sounds nice i would like to see it if it is online.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, go to their cite, under jewelery collections pick "C Motif". It is on page three, the top left ring, it is shown in yellow gold. I think it is $1250.00

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 8:16:50 PM
Author: diamondfan
I went with the Cartier in tri gold, not stones, because I could go there and try it on. The jeweler near me that sells Memoire does not stock the rolling rings and said I would be obligated as it was a special order. Forget that.

Now I am loving the wide rose gold band I saw at Cartier when I went to get the rolling ring. It is next on my list, I love rose gold and am building some pieces and this was a neat ring. No diamonds, just the Cartier C's etched on it.
I would not ask my jeweler to bring in a Memoire if I was obligated to purchase it, either. I'll have to ask. There's a Cartier Boutique about 2 hours from me, so I could take a look. The price is a good bit higher than the Memoire, however.

ETA: If I tried the Cartier and loved the look, I suppose I could always order the Memoire... After doing the new wedding set just last month, I dare not go nuts on another ring
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was only concerned because rolling rings can be funky with sizing, since it fits differently than a single band would fit. I did not trust just ordering my normal size so I bagged on Memoire. They do make nice rings though. In all gold, the Cartier in tri color is 800.00. Not sure about the comparable Memoire ring.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
df, it is a nice looking ring. i am very fond of wide bands. i have a wide wedding band that i wear solo when i don't want to wear any bling. it is hand engraved with our last name initial and my and my husband's first name initials.

i think the cartier band would be nice for you. do you know the story on calling it the birthday band or something like that. i figured it was a cartier anniversary or something?

i have been lead to believe that memoire makes the rolling rings as ordered. i think that is why i haven't found them in stock anywhere. i suppose that is the reason they are not doing returns.

eta: 16R/3.0P $1800. that would be all platinum 3mm
16R/3.0T $575. tri-color
16R/3.0W $575. white gold all prices are about a month old. if you have a regular jeweler almost all have anniversary sales
when you can get 20% off of everything. it is a good time to order things like this. jmho.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought the Cartier in tri gold. The wide band might be a next purchase because I love rose gold. But thanks, since I just bought one, I do not need another one...I would have loved one with diamonds but the all pave one is the one I love and I am not sure if they are still making it, I was told it was a limited edition...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 9:10:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
I was only concerned because rolling rings can be funky with sizing, since it fits differently than a single band would fit. I did not trust just ordering my normal size so I bagged on Memoire. They do make nice rings though. In all gold, the Cartier in tri color is 800.00. Not sure about the comparable Memoire ring.
df, you make an excellent point. Buying one without trying it on--and not being able to return--is just not a good idea. If the Memoire can''t be returned, then Cartier makes more sense. Bill Barnes has the Memoire rolling rings on his site. I think I''ll check his return policy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results