shape
carat
color
clarity

Junk it or keep it ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This is old! Early 90''s.

I want to take the X''s and O''s off the ancient Omega, but then what!
I thought about having them put together to hang vertically on a simple
longer chain. But what? I''m not crazy about the yellow gold, but ...

They are not small, about 1/2'''', or a little smaller each.

WFPear 013redo.JPG

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would junk it. Sorry...looks to high school to me.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I say junk it...

widget

Ideal_Rock
I say keep it! It might become a treasured antique, and your granddaughters will be fighting over it someday...!

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 8:01:35 PM
Author: widget
I say keep it! It might become a treasured antique, and your granddaughters will be fighting over it someday...!

widget
I like it; yes save it for granddaughters. Gold is making a come back!!! I think it is pretty

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any younger female relatives to give it to? A niece or someone along those lines might really like it.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t invest any more money in it, redoing them vertically or anything, but I would keep it to pass down to children, etc...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, I kinda thought just stuff it in the far reaches
of my jewelry box !! 20 years from now I''ll have a good laugh!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, I''m sure most of us who have been married 30 years have a few pieces worth stuffing in the back of the jewelry box! But with your two new pendants, I can''t imagine you ever wearing that one again even if you updated it. So I''d just put it away for future grandchildren. Maybe all that will be in style again when they are teenagers!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it too. I say save it for grandaughters.''

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
what about making each of the Xs into earrings? And maybe the O could be a pendent? Not sure abou the O, but I know I would definitely wear X earrings!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
DON''T JUNK IT!!!! that piece is valuable!

you can totally revamp that to something so classy and pricey! you have so many options and perfect elements to make something aweome! turn it into a treasure! your x''s look like replica''s tiffany''s so i think its worth the investment to make a designer piece for a fraction of the cost!!!! i would totally reuse it!

you could make the tiffany cross stich "x" pendant!

tiffu8.jpg

you could make the tiffany cross stich "x" earrings

tif2wp2.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, 2 minds thinking alike!

gailrmv and biblobaggins, your suggestions are certainly something
I could do. I don''t wear yellow gold much anymore though. (except my tennis bracelet)
Thanks! The little X''s are kinda a classic look. I''ll have to hold them up to
my ear lobes to see if they would work for me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might rhodium plate them, and see if I could make them charms for a charm bracelet. Otherwise, not an Omega chain fan, I would take them off, and save them for wearing on a different chain...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:03:28 PM
Author: Ann
Wow, 2 minds thinking alike!

gailrmv and biblobaggins, your suggestions are certainly something
I could do. I don''t wear yellow gold much anymore though. (except my tennis bracelet)
Thanks! The little X''s are kinda a classic look. I''ll have to hold them up to
my ear lobes to see if they would work for me.
I''m glad you like the suggestion! I would definitely do this myself - even if you don''t wear them a lot, you would probably wear them more than now, and I don''t think it would cost much at all to have the conversion done. They keep saying that gold and 80s styles are back in, so you can be cutting edge trendy :) (I''m just kidding - I agree that tiffany has made the X a classic style - I think David Yurman uses Xs in some of his work too.)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the X''s as earrings idea! Or if you think you''d actually wear it, the Xs and O could just be put on a thinner chain.

Or else I think it could make a great gift for someone (daughter, granddaughter, niece, etc.) if you put it on a thinner chain. (I''m also not a fan of the omega chain.)

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 11:09:25 PM
Author: diamondfan
I might rhodium plate them, and see if I could make them charms for a charm bracelet. Otherwise, not an Omega chain fan, I would take them off, and save them for wearing on a different chain...

Lesley Harris from White Flash was talking about her earrings yesterday. They look like white gold bezels. She said a friend gave her these YELLOW gold earrings. She had them rhodium plated and set with some "Ready, Set, Go" diamonds to wear for every day.

If you don''t do something with it for yourself, some young gal is certainly gonna love to get it one day!! Definitely, recover it as something new or save it for the future.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
keep the omega and get rid of the XO''s that so 90''s he he. I have a omega bracelet and matching chain. I was so cool with them in high school. I thought I was the bomb. lol and I never throw it out. keep all your jewelry. You never know when you''ll have to pawn it some day my dad always told me.

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I say keep it and make the earring and make the little "O" a necklace or charm.
But...if you really want to get rid of it I can give you my address
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:19:48 PM
Ha, I kinda thought just stuff it in the far reaches
of my jewelry box !! 20 years from now I''ll have a good laugh!
that "emerald" ring I sent with my diamond to be identified and is a worthless piece of crap in a hunk of gold nugget? Well the gold is like $50 so I am just having him send it back to me, hideous as it is, to stuff back in the far reaches of the jewelry box as a lesson to my daughter in bad taste baha!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Hhm, never thought of rhodium plating. That''s a good start.

I do not like the Omega, but what if I rhodium plated the X''s and O''s
and then either used them on a bracelet as charms or put on a longish chain, vertically?

Anyone know how much the plating would run? I don''t want to throw any more money
on this if I will only rarely wear it.

kinda digging the charm and bracelet idea, what kind of bracelet, show me pics!!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
just saw this on ross simons... i say don''t junk ;-)

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
guess it would help if i attach a picture....

dontjunkitithink.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
There''s those X''s !!

I like that.
I surfed the net for bracelet ideas.
Maybe something simple.
I have always loved, loved, diamond toggle clasps.
There is a jeweler on the Southern East coast that has
some gorgeous clasps on his bracelets. But I can''t find him now.

I''d love a pave toggle on a WG simple, open link bracelet, yum.

Oh yeah, now where would I put those X''s and O''s ?? ha ha.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say give it to someone or keep it for the grandchildren

The amount they''ll give you in scrap will be no more that $12

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t junk it. Definitely keep for future grandchildren or yourself even...some of these ideas are great!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2007 10:32:59 AM

Hhm, never thought of rhodium plating. That''s a good start.

I do not like the Omega, but what if I rhodium plated the X''s and O''s
and then either used them on a bracelet as charms or put on a longish chain, vertically?

Anyone know how much the plating would run? I don''t want to throw any more money
on this if I will only rarely wear it.

kinda digging the charm and bracelet idea, what kind of bracelet, show me pics!!
without the wide band I bet they''d be very flippy on a chain... consider what the back side looks like. I think it wouldn''t work with a necklace but you could do something with a bracelet I bet....

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hhmm

yeah they probably would flip around on a chain. Hadn''t thought of that.

I''ll think about the bracelet idea, I could use a WG bracelet with a little bling
to go with my SS Ebel watch. My YG tennis bracelet doesn''t look so hot next to the watch.

Can you rhodium plate a tennis bracelet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results