shape
carat
color
clarity

Temporary Setting question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deric_S

Rough_Rock
I recently bought a 1.5 ctw diamond from WF and the custom setting won''t be done for a month. I want to put the ring in a temporary setting. How long does it take a jewler to set a stone in a cheap setting? Is this a safe thing to do since in a month the diamond will be removed from the temporary setting and put on the real one? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want to put it in a temp setting to give it to her? Or just to keep it safe?

If it's #1 you might want to rethink it if the custom process is already underway. If you give her a temp setting and then have already chosen/paid for the custom setting, she might be upset she didn't get a say in it. You might be better off either just proposing with the diamond OR waiting for the custom work to be done. OR if you haven't solidified the custom design yet, you could ok it with her first. If she already knows what it will look like, disregard this comment!

If it's just to have it for the next month it might not be worth the $. My local jeweller, assuming it's not a busy week, can do it in a few days. But you might have to call around to find out what your local situation is.

I don't know how fast a place like whiteflash could do it in...

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Deric, Whiteflash has inexpensive tiffany style settings that would work fine as temp settings.

It makes the most sense to have them set the diamond into a temp setting for you since they''d incur the liability for any damage should it occur during setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results