shape
carat
color
clarity

Photography help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I know I''ve been MIA - my grandmother passed away last week. . .so I''m really glad my mom and I had gone down to visit her - even though it was a really stressful trip.

FI and I really didn''t like our first photographer so the studio gave us another one. We haven''t met with her yet, but she''s really nice on the phone - what do you think of her pics?

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
She has a clean sense of style, good sense of color, not particularly original in terms of cropping, focusing, posing.

I would ask her to see a portfolio of one FULL wedding (not just a collection of her best pics), preferably either AT the location you will be having your wedding, or a similar wedding (i.e. a beach wedding if it''s a beach, vineyard wedding if it''s a vineyard).

See what moments she missed, whether it was mainly posed shots or candids etc.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your grandmother...

At first I was like, great pics! I know nothing about photography though...and then I read peridot''s post, and what she said seems like a great idea, to see a portfolio of a full wedding before you make a decision. I also think is important that you feel comfortable with the photographer so that you can relax in front of them.

When you say you didn''t like your first photographer, was it personality or pictures wise?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, peridot - asking her to see a full wedding is a great idea and I never would have thought of it!

Claudinam, after our engagement pics, we knew we didn''t like the first guy. . .we just didn''t click with him personality wise and he''d never been to our venue - which is a trait I was specifically looking for in a photographer. . . and then the engagement pics came out (a week after he said they would which was also a strike against him) and they were terrible! We don''t look natural or relaxed at all and the way he had us tilt our heads in some of the shots makes it look like there''s something wrong with our necks. Also, 12 out of 59 pictures are of the back of my head - FI said "Yeah, there''s me and some girl" - how do you take engagement pics without the bride''s head?

I hope this second photog works out and we like her - I feel like we were within our rights to ask for a new one, but asking AGAIN would seem pushy. . .and I don''t want the studio to think I am a PITA and not do their best for us. . .

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
::bump::

Where are my photography experts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results