shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about measuring diamond size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question I am sure someone on here can answer, I have a princess cut diamond and I have 2 different jewelers tell me 2 different things. When the diamond was bought 7 years ago the jeweler at the time weighed the diamond before it was set and told me that it was a 1.01 ct, however, I took it to a independent jeweler who measured it, while is was still in the mounting, and based on the measurements it was only .88 ct, so which is more acurate? I do know that I found some of the spec's on the diamond and the jeweler really good took us for a ride, but we where clueless back then and in my husband defense he was looking more for the sparkle factor then specs and it does sparkle! I would love to replace it with a better cut stone, but money doesnt allow, maybe way down the road
2.gif
Thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have thought that the weight was more accurate in this case, various things can affect face up size and with fancy cuts, the weight distribution can vary. Hopefully one of the experts will give you better advice, but I would be more inclined to believe the actual weight result.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results