shape
carat
color
clarity

54% table, 62.7% depth. Table\Depth combo ok?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

punch

Rough_Rock
I have been learning about diamonds for the past week, so I am a novice.

just saw a D colored diamond, VS1 w/ a 54% table and 62.7% depth. I don''t know what the crown and pavilion angles are. How do you get those numbers by the way? The table looked rather small compared to the other diamonds I''ve seen. The finishing was GOOD. Does the table seem kind of small for a depth on the larger end of the AGS ideal sizing?

punch

Rough_Rock
Sorry, did not include all the details.

Round Brilliant
7.48 x 7.57 x 4.72
Weight: 1.60 c

Depth: 62.7
Table: 54
Girdle: thin to medium, faceted
Culet: small

Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD

Clarity: VS2
Color: D
Fluorescence: None

Also, how do I used the HCA? I don't know the crown and pavilion angles?!? Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You may be carrying some extra weight in that pavilion with a depth like that and a small table...but you won't know more until you get crown and pav angles, ask for a Sarin. Unfort. you cannot do HCA with the data you have.

Good luck!
1.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
For two stones with similar crown angles, the one with a 54% table may have up to 1-2% greater depth than one with a 57% table. It's very simple - just think about the geometry here as though you're looking at the crowns from the side.

For ~7.5mm and 1.6 carats, I think you still have an acceptable spread. I agree with Mara, would rather have one in the 60-61% range, but since this one is non-ideal, you may or may not have a nice looking stone with a nice discount. Just don't pay an ideal price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results