shape
carat
color
clarity

Increíble: My Whiteflash W Prong is here!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Guys!

Well the moment I have been waiting for finally came yesterday when I picked up my new Ering and coordinating bands. My grandmother''s original wedding band was 14K yellow gold and it really means a lot to me to wear it as my wedding band. So Brian suggested plating it in white gold and then using it to make a mold for another identical one. And in order to ensure the colors matched, the second was made also in 14K yellow gold and both were then plated in the same mixture at the same time. And it worked! The W prong Ering is in platinum and I opted for the heart prongs and they look amazing. They are so subtle. The person who made the ring did an outstanding job making sure the prongs were perfect and not overwhelming to the ring. (I can''t wait to post the pics, but to those of you who don''t like "heart prongs" please keep in mind that on the hand, you don''t see heart prongs. You see a round diamond that almost looks like it has no prongs at all. These computer screen pictures magnify a ring WAY BEYOND what actually see IRL. :) ) Anyway, I am thrilled with the ring.

And I was doubly fortunate yesterday, b/c not only did I get to spend more time with Brian as he took pictures of my ring, but I also got to meet the famous John Pollard!! John was there picking up his fiance''s e-rng from polishing! Wow, that ring is beautiful! But what was even more cool was that I got to talk to John for quite a while about diamond cuts. As awesome as his posts are, and as educational as his posts are, being in person with him and listening to him explain things one on one was a privilege I won''t soon forget. John is a born teacher and it was awesome to hear his thoughts and see some of his graphics first hand! INCREDIBLE.

A big thank you to Sheerah, Judy, and many many others over at WF, (some of whom prefer to do their incredible work anonymously and without public acknowledgment so I honor their wishes by not naming names)! Thank you also to Tim for taking some of these pretty shots of the ring too. :) Sheerah was wonderful to work with, and I hope some of you get a chance to work with her as your sales representative. :)

Okay so to refresh on the stats, this is a RE-CUT RB that started out as 1.15 and is now 1.6. It is 6.67 diameter and is set in a platinum W-Prong. I LOVE IT!!

Wprongblack1stpic.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
With some fire :)

WprongblackFIRE2ndpic.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Three shots taken by Tim

WProng3ringshots.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
From the back

wprongbackside.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot :)

Wprongnicehandshot.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shot again

wpronghandshot.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
again

Wprongfullhandshot.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
This one probably shows the heart prongs are quite subtle

wprongfullhandshot2.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look fabulous Isabelle!!!!
36.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Little bit of fire :)

Wpronghandshotwith fire.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
The obligatory flower shot :) Thanks guys for looking at my rings, and for everyone who has been so encouraging to me during this wonderful experience!
35.gif

wprongobligatoryflowershot.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:39:28 PM
Author: Maisie
They look fabulous Isabelle!!!!
36.gif

Thank you Maisie. It''s a real transformation! :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks huge on your hand!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous. i love the sleek look of the metal and that gorgeous sparkly diamond...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!

Mrs. Smitty

Rough_Rock
Love the story of your grandmother''s band. Beautiful ring. Congrats.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set, I can see why you are so happy with them!

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Wowee Wowee!
3.gif

Just wondering, how did it go from 1.15 to 1.6? I''m wondering if I''m interpreting it incorrectly.....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 2:01:26 PM
Author: shortee78
Wowee Wowee!
3.gif

Just wondering, how did it go from 1.15 to 1.6? I'm wondering if I'm interpreting it incorrectly.....

I am *guessing* she mistyped and meant 1.06.
2.gif

Isabelle: It is just STUNNING! Great choice for the setting. Classic and beautiful.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Looks HUGE for a 1.06!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/13/2008 12:28:35 PM
Author:Isabelle
Hi Guys!

Well the moment I have been waiting for finally came yesterday when I picked up my new Ering and coordinating bands. My grandmother's original wedding band was 14K yellow gold and it really means a lot to me to wear it as my wedding band. So Brian suggested plating it in white gold and then using it to make a mold for another identical one. And in order to ensure the colors matched, the second was made also in 14K yellow gold and both were then plated in the same mixture at the same time. And it worked! The W prong Ering is in platinum and I opted for the heart prongs and they look amazing. They are so subtle. The person who made the ring did an outstanding job making sure the prongs were perfect and not overwhelming to the ring. (I can't wait to post the pics, but to those of you who don't like 'heart prongs' please keep in mind that on the hand, you don't see heart prongs. You see a round diamond that almost looks like it has no prongs at all. These computer screen pictures magnify a ring WAY BEYOND what actually see IRL. :) ) Anyway, I am thrilled with the ring.

And I was doubly fortunate yesterday, b/c not only did I get to spend more time with Brian as he took pictures of my ring, but I also got to meet the famous John Pollard!! John was there picking up his fiance's e-rng from polishing! Wow, that ring is beautiful! But what was even more cool was that I got to talk to John for quite a while about diamond cuts. As awesome as his posts are, and as educational as his posts are, being in person with him and listening to him explain things one on one was a privilege I won't soon forget. John is a born teacher and it was awesome to hear his thoughts and see some of his graphics first hand! INCREDIBLE.

A big thank you to Sheerah, Judy, and many many others over at WF, (some of whom prefer to do their incredible work anonymously and without public acknowledgment so I honor their wishes by not naming names)! Thank you also to Tim for taking some of these pretty shots of the ring too. :) Sheerah was wonderful to work with, and I hope some of you get a chance to work with her as your sales representative. :)
Hey Isabelle,

I'm so pleased I was visiting when you arrived yesterday - it was a pleasure to meet you. Your recut is incredible. I saw the before and after images but photos don't do that finished firecracker justice. It was distracting me the whole time we visited, and that was in a room with office lighting. I can't imagine how you made it home with that thing strobing in the sunlight. Did you stop traffic anywhere?
2.gif

I appreciate your kind words and return the compliments. You're easy to talk with and your obvious experience as a diamond enthusiast "shines" as bright as your new finger blinger. You're right about the good people at WF - they are a first-class team. Cheers and best wishes.

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
I''m so glad to see the final product! I''ve been dying to see it ever since you announced that the re-cut was a success. Congrats, Isabelle!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:42:45 PM
Author: Miranda
Beautiful! It looks huge on your hand!

Thanks Miranda!! It''s funny that you said that because though it lost 9 points of weight and about 1/10 of 1 MM in diameter, it actually looks larger than it did before it was re cut! It looks like it''s almost 1.25 now, which is pretty amazing considering it is just over 1.06. I think that is b/c all of the light from the outer rim is being captured. Thank you again! :)

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mrs. Salvo!! I also like the shiny metal and the way it reaches up to the diamond. It''s a lot like the Lucida setting in that way. I am going to stop by and show my friends at Tiffany this weekend. They helped me pick the setting too once I thought I had settled on this one. They let me try on a bunch of different Lucidas just to make sure I liked it on my hand. :)

Thanks Burk, Jelly, San Diego Lady, and Diamond Dana! I really love it and that is so sweet of you guys to say such kind things. :)

Thanks Mrs. Smitty-- My grandmother meant the world to me. She passed away one week after I got engaged, so she knew I was getting married. I will never part with her ring.

Hiya Shortee! Yeah that was a pretty big typo! LOL If only they could make a stone ADD weight! LOL :) Thanks for your kind words. :)

Thank you Neat freak and Bliss! That''s really nice of you guys to say and it means a lot to me. :)

Thanks aggiebling! Now we are all waiting for YOUR trip to WF and to see what you pick out for yourself!! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 2:53:07 PM
Author: John Pollard
Date: 6/13/2008 12:28:35 PM

Author:Isabelle

Hi Guys!

Well the moment I have been waiting for finally came yesterday when I picked up my new Ering and coordinating bands. My grandmother''s original wedding band was 14K yellow gold and it really means a lot to me to wear it as my wedding band. So Brian suggested plating it in white gold and then using it to make a mold for another identical one. And in order to ensure the colors matched, the second was made also in 14K yellow gold and both were then plated in the same mixture at the same time. And it worked! The W prong Ering is in platinum and I opted for the heart prongs and they look amazing. They are so subtle. The person who made the ring did an outstanding job making sure the prongs were perfect and not overwhelming to the ring. (I can''t wait to post the pics, but to those of you who don''t like ''heart prongs'' please keep in mind that on the hand, you don''t see heart prongs. You see a round diamond that almost looks like it has no prongs at all. These computer screen pictures magnify a ring WAY BEYOND what actually see IRL. :) ) Anyway, I am thrilled with the ring.

And I was doubly fortunate yesterday, b/c not only did I get to spend more time with Brian as he took pictures of my ring, but I also got to meet the famous John Pollard!! John was there picking up his fiance''s e-rng from polishing! Wow, that ring is beautiful! But what was even more cool was that I got to talk to John for quite a while about diamond cuts. As awesome as his posts are, and as educational as his posts are, being in person with him and listening to him explain things one on one was a privilege I won''t soon forget. John is a born teacher and it was awesome to hear his thoughts and see some of his graphics first hand! INCREDIBLE.

Hey Isabelle,

I''m so pleased I was visiting when you arrived yesterday - it was a pleasure to meet you. Your recut is incredible. I saw the before and after images but photos don''t do that finished firecracker justice. It was distracting me the whole time we visited, and that was in a room with office lighting. I can''t imagine how you made it home with that thing strobing in the sunlight. Did you stop traffic anywhere?
2.gif

I appreciate your kind words and return the compliments. You''re easy to talk with and your obvious experience as a diamond enthusiast ''shines'' as bright as your new finger blinger. You''re right about the good people at WF - they are a first-class team. Cheers and best wishes.

Hi John! Thank you so much!! You are too kind! I am so glad you thought the ring was special. Coming from you, that means a lot. I read your post to my husband and he loved your phrase "finger blinger". Your FI''s ring is amazing. HAve a wonderful wedding and enjoy this special time in your lives!! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
a couple more

WprongFrontfacing2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results