shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my Asscher - Tension-set and Blue diamond melee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:48:19 AM
Author: kenny

Date: 1/10/2007 11:35:35 AM
Author: asquareguy
Oh, the pic of the blues came in,
Love the blues.
They look the color of a moonlit sky!
3.gif
30.gif

Some day I may get into colored diamonds but there is so much to learn, and they are so $$$$.
23.gif
Kenny,

They are expensive, and worse, hard to find exactly what you want. Or, in my case the quantity...

So, today I had PS up at work, showing the pics to pals, and my GM comes by and says "Oh, if you are interested in colored diamonds, I have a very good friend who is a diamond trader, specializing in colored diamonds". So where was my GM a few years ago, when I started looking for these ? ! Argh...
29.gif

But that gives me ideas for future projects...
34.gif

When they were here, I would get lost in them while looking through the loupe...now Bob at WF has them hostage, until I pay the ransom to get them wrapped in Platinum and safely returned to Daddy...
12.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
I think this pic of the blues may be clearer:

They are all the same color, I think the middle one in the bottom row must be tilted in the photo...
They will be appraised later this week, the wax is being prepared for the band, and after I sign off on the design, WF will send me my Boone ring, it should arrive by Saturday. (We are going into escrow on a new home on Friday, so that band will actually be on hold until finances recoup, hopefully way less than 3 years)
6.gif

melle orig2.JPG

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
WF sent the wax photo, ahead of schedule, so I get my ring Tuesday - next week.

The ring is photographed slightly rotated; the actual ring has the diamonds not centered at the top, but a space. But I love how they matched Bruce''s taper/curve/elliptiptical form.

wax  both resized.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a sleek design and the set is fabulous!

Hope you get your matching band sooner than 3 yrs!

Now, if only my hubby will wear diamonds...

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 8:39:47 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
That is such a sleek design and the set is fabulous!

Hope you get your matching band sooner than 3 yrs!

Now, if only my hubby will wear diamonds...
Jadeleaves,

Thank you. Me, too. I beggggged my guy to take one of the blues, he said no way; I think he did not want me to split them up, as much as he does not want to to wear diamonds.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Your asscher is gorgeous. I can just get lost in those steps like sinking into a crystal clear lake. Your tension setting is a marvelous design to complement the stone.
30.gif

But the blues,......... Those blues are to die for.
3.gif

I can''t wait to see the whole set. Thanks so much for sharing your vision with the rest of us.
1.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Forgot the other pic; you can see how they matched the ellipse here:

wax solo resized.jpg

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Boone ring , for reference:

miniside.JPG

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/12/2007 8:57:47 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland
Your asscher is gorgeous. I can just get lost in those steps like sinking into a crystal clear lake. Your tension setting is a marvelous design to complement the stone.
30.gif

But the blues,......... Those blues are to die for.
3.gif

I can''t wait to see the whole set. Thanks so much for sharing your vision with the rest of us.
1.gif
FN,

Thank you very much, I am so appreciative of all the kind comments. Even I think it was worth waiting 3 years. Sooo many revisions and drawings.

It all crystallized when I found the blues, though. After them, it all came together. I was very happy to find PS, and through it (and members) the right sources for everything to be realized. There is no way this set could have been found or created any where else. I think PS is an incredible resource and think tank for people with vision or those searching for ideas, because there are so many options and misinformation in the real world.

Thanks again,

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
First, I love the tension setting of your ring. Second, those blues are AMAZING!!! Wow, I love colored diamonds. But I don''t think I could have waited 3 years. That would drive me insane, having a beautiful stone and not being able to wear it. Congrats on 14 years.
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love the updated pics!! Your set is going to be fabulous!!! Can''t wait to see the finished project. Your asscher is to die for by the way.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Asquareguy, you know I LOVE your asscher ring - soo well-done!

The ring for your blues looks like a perfect match - the ellipse is perfect and subtle. I tried counting the holes for the diamonds and I can't tell how many holes there actually are in the wax. Did you decide to go with all blues only along the top, or alternating with white diamonds all the way around, or blues front with whites back? I know you bounced around a few ideas....

If you are using white diamonds, will any of them be square?

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 11:15:06 AM
Author: starryeyed
Asquareguy, you know I LOVE your asscher ring - soo well-done!

The ring for your blues looks like a perfect match - the ellipse is perfect and subtle. I tried counting the holes for the diamonds and I can''t tell how many holes there actually are in the wax. Did you decide to go with all blues only along the top, or alternating with white diamonds all the way around, or blues front with whites back? I know you bounced around a few ideas....

If you are using white diamonds, will any of them be square?
Starryeyed,

They did a good job, but it took a very patient Bob to listen for all the details I layed out to get it this far. He gets it, he really does. Well, we have spoken many times, and I gave him several pics for reference.

There will be the 6 blues over the top of the band, with 8 ACA''s evenly spaced along the bottom, totalling 14 stones. We went with the consensus to not alternate, thereby concentrating the color on top as a contrast to the icy-white of the D color of the Asscher. (NOTE - the photographer spun the ring to have a stone on top, which would follow the normal convention of things looking best in odd quantities, like 3-5-7, etc. but the band will basically be 6 on top, 6 on bottom with 1 on each side of the equator to describe it differently. So, if you mentally spin the ring a bit clockwise, you may be able to discern the pilot holes for the 14 stones.)

As far as cut, it is funny I never gave a thought to other shapes for the white melee, preferring the contrast in the band to be between colors, versus shapes. I really didn''t want a different shape to draw attention away from the Asscher and it''s beautiful step cuts. (Also, I think in that size, aside from baguettes, facets are difficult to see, hmmm - baguettes?
31.gif
)

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,

Any Photo Shop gurus out there?

I would love to see the blue and white melee in this photo, if possible. I guess I am still manic on the details, and this would confirm my decision for the placement of those stones.

I would truly appreciate any help .... Thanks,

wax  both.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for clarifying - I''m sure this ring will be stunning!

At first I was thinking that it might be interesting to alternate the blues with white squares (like baguettes) in order to visually tie the solitaire to the band. But, thinking about this more, it''s totally unnecessary - the shape of the band is enough. I think the band and the set will be gorgeous!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
I did, briefly consider baguettes, when I saw this Facets ring, I recently went to their site, and did not find the EXACT ring:

facets1web.jpg

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
And a 2nd shot:

facets2web.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Thats a sweet design... maybe one day when I get married! Though i think i''d want a slightly bigger single stone with a channel set with a yellow gold liner... there is something about the white gold (plat) exterior and yellow gold interior that just grabs my eye
11.gif

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Scott,

There is a site you need to see, then Titanium Era:

Example, here: (they have many more)

691.jpg

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Exactly, it just exudes an understated sense of refined style that it would go so well with my current ring
9.gif

The biggest irony is that while I love reading and studying about gemology and jewelery, the most I can wear on a daily basis is a 6mm flat pipe band with a satin/brushed finish all in silver... go figure I am too OCD about damaging the damned things
14.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 5:49:49 PM
Author: asquareguy
I did, briefly consider baguettes, when I saw this Facets ring, I recently went to their site, and did not find the EXACT ring:
That Facets ring is pretty nice too, understated.

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Asquareguy -

So do we get hand shots??
31.gif
Inquiring minds want to see
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes yes more pics please.

I''d love to see how close the culet is to your skin when you wear it.

I''m worried my stone will sit up too high in this setting and I want it to be as low as possible with the culet almost touching my skin.
I''d love to see a close up side views, both on your finger and off, of how much space Bruce left under the culet.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ASG it looks wonderful! Can''t wait to see it!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 8:41:50 PM
Author: Scott 00

Asquareguy -

So do we get hand shots??
31.gif
Inquiring minds want to see
9.gif

Scott,

Argh, I am sooo sorry, since we have been packing to move, I can''t find my upload cord for my digicam. I will try to find my card reader, but no luck so far...

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 9:05:31 PM
Author: kenny
Yes yes more pics please.

I''d love to see how close the culet is to your skin when you wear it.

I''m worried my stone will sit up too high in this setting and I want it to be as low as possible with the culet almost touching my skin.
I''d love to see a close up side views, both on your finger and off, of how much space Bruce left under the culet.
Kenny,

The culet height, for my taste, is perfect.

For your stone (and I don''t know your ring size), I think you would have leeway to lower the stone, a bit.

Again, no hand shots for now, sorry.............I''ll make up for it later...I should go back to packing - short escrow !

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 9:29:07 PM
Author: IrishAngel
Wow ASG it looks wonderful! Can''t wait to see it!
IA,

Thank you.

ms.codex

Rough_Rock
ASquareguy,

Your ring is elegant and FABULOUS in its simplicity. And hooray for the civil unions decision in New Jersey last year! I hope this is good news for you and your partner...keep holding out for marriage; I think it''ll happen!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo I love it how yummy! You have fantastic taste, and good luck with the house and marriage!

asquareguy

Rough_Rock
Ms. Codex and FashionVictim,

Thank you for the kind comments and wishes for marriage. 2007 has to be a good year.

My guy and I have lost a Parent a year for the last 3, my Dad is the last left. It has been a rough 3 years. We were each born (for that era) late-in-life, so we are only in our early 40''s when this started, and then it kept happening, almost without time to heal in between time.

We are just now getting to a point where we can begin enjoying life again, I hope it gets easier...come on Jersey !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results