shape
carat
color
clarity

Kerbear560''s Wedding Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 6:06:12 PM
Author: Kerbear560

Yay! Another September 2007 bride who also happens to be an eBay freak!
9.gif
Thanks for the complement on my dress!

Me too, me too!

I love your ideas. Your dress is beautiful, and the brown BM dresses look stunning with it. Great choices!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love all your stuff. It''s crazy.... I''m choosing the same color from Bill Levkoff too =)
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 11:07:19 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Everything looks beautiful and elegant so far. The venue is stunning!

Thanks Tacori! Congratulations on your recent wedding! Everything sounded wonderful, and I can''t wait to see pics!
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 11:10:02 PM
Author: FacetFire
THis all looks spectacular! I think it''s so cool that you''ve found so much on ebay! Way to go! That reception and ceremony site looks sooooo wonderful too! It''s very similar to the look that we want to go for.

Thank you FacetFire! I LOVE your ring btw! Actually, I very strongly considered that same setting! That OEC is amazing (love those chunky facets)! YUM!
18.gif
30.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 12:37:05 AM
Author: equestrienne
I just wanted to add that if you are using the catering company there at Addison Oaks, their food is PHENOMENAL. My aunt''s sister used them for her wedding at a different location, and Oak Management set up the most gorgeous fruit tables, salad tables, cheese tables, and entree tables that you can imagine. It was all exquisitely done and tasted great.

Where in Michigan are you located, if you live here?

Hi equestrienne! We are using the catering company at Addison Oaks! I''m glad to hear that you thought the food was phenomenal! A good friend of FI''s had his wedding at Blossom Heath Inn (which is owned by the same management as Addison Oaks). They chose the buffet, and it was the best wedding food we''ve ever had (which is saying a lot based on the number of weddings we''ve been to, lol)! It was actually due to that experience that we decided we wanted to have our wedding and reception at an Oak Management property! We''re going with the buffet too!

I do live in MI- Metro Detroit area!
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 12:47:04 AM
Author: EBree
Date: 8/30/2006 6:06:12 PM

Yay! Another September 2007 bride who also happens to be an eBay freak!
9.gif
Thanks for the complement on my dress!

Me too, me too!

I love your ideas. Your dress is beautiful, and the brown BM dresses look stunning with it. Great choices!

Yippee! There are more of us!
36.gif

Thanks for the complements EBree!
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/2/2006 1:10:31 PM
Author: fabcrab
OMG I love all your stuff. It''s crazy.... I''m choosing the same color from Bill Levkoff too =)

36.gif

Thanks fabcrab! I love Euro Sable! If I end up choosing Bill Levkoff BM dresses, they''ll definitely be in that color!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,
I love all your stuff- the dress is stunning and i LOVE the bm dresses.
I am not an official 9/07 bride yet, but perhaps after this weekend I will be (going to view/book a possible venue)

Must admit, am starting to panic since so many 9/07 brides have so much stuff already done-

Love the brown dresses, and the flower colors also.

Go ebay ( i just got some fantastic concert tix there! LOL

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 6:57:31 PM
Author: labbielove
Wow,

I love all your stuff- the dress is stunning and i LOVE the bm dresses.

I am not an official 9/07 bride yet, but perhaps after this weekend I will be (going to view/book a possible venue)

Must admit, am starting to panic since so many 9/07 brides have so much stuff already done-

Love the brown dresses, and the flower colors also.

Go ebay ( i just got some fantastic concert tix there! LOL

Thank you labbielove! Good luck with your venue this weekend (hopefully you''ll love it, and you''ll be a 9/07 bride too, yay)!
1.gif

Don''t panic! There''s still plenty of time to get stuff done! Really, the only major thing we have booked is the ceremony/reception location, and I have my dress! We still have to book a photographer and then move on to the rest of the major stuff: officiant, DJ, florist, videographer...So, we have a lot left to do too!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 5:49:17 PM

Date: 8/29/2006 9:03:02 PM
Author: Gypsy
Looks FABULOUS! Your gown-- what a serious bargain! And I love the gold and deep reds combo. Great job!

Thanks Gypsy! Actually the bridesmaid dresses will be dark brown, but their bouquets will have deep red and dusty pink in them (unless I decide to change my mind, lol). Besides looking nice with the brown, the walls in the ballroom are a rusty red color, and I want to incorporate it into the flowers/decor somehow. Here''s a pic that I photoshopped (not sure if this is the dress I''m going with...but just to give you an idea of what it looks like):
So...I think I changed my mind, lol! I was flipping through a bridal magazine and saw a bouquet that goes perfectly with my dress!

IvoryGoldBouquet.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
And here''s a (poorly, lol) photoshopped centerpiece using those colors in our hall:

IvoryGoldTallAddison.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
After I found the bouquet, I did some searching for pictures of gold/ivory centerpieces. So far, I found this low one:

goldlow.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of a brown BM dress (still going with brown for the girls) with a photoshopped version of the bouquet I found for myself (without the hanging greenery). I''m still not sure if this is the exact dress we''re going with, but just to give you an idea:

LevkoffandIvoryGold.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
So, whaddya think ladies?

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of my dress that I photoshopped, to give you a better idea of what the bouquet looks like with it:

MyDressWithBouquet.jpg

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
I like the bouquet...very classy. Who made the bridesmaid dresses? I really like the color scheme you''ve worked out so far. Nice touch photoshopping everything together too! It looks like things are coming together nicely. I''m getting married next September and sometimes feel like I''ve accomplished a lot and sometimes feel like I''ll never be done in time!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Kerbear, all of your wedding stuff is gorgeous! And Addison Oak''s food is wonderful, my cousin got married there and a friend of mine did as well and everything was great! I am planning on getting married there as well (if I ever get off the LIW list!
2.gif
) ,especially since you have to provide your own liquor. My cousin owns a few breweries (which I have worked at one of them for 7 years and is where I met my FF, who also still works there) so I will be able to save $$$ in that department! Are you doing buffet or sit down dinner? Both my friend and my cousin did buffet (which was a great spread), but I wonder how they do with the sit down? Anyways, congrats and have fun planning the rest of your wedding! It looks like it is going to be great!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/10/2006 12:06:49 AM
Author: jesterjigger
I like the bouquet...very classy. Who made the bridesmaid dresses? I really like the color scheme you''ve worked out so far. Nice touch photoshopping everything together too! It looks like things are coming together nicely. I''m getting married next September and sometimes feel like I''ve accomplished a lot and sometimes feel like I''ll never be done in time!

Thanks for the complements on the bouquet and color scheme jesterjigger!

As for the photoshopping, I found that it helps me to get an idea if things will work together. For example, there were other bouquets I found that I thought would be perfect, and once I photoshopped them with the dress, not so much. It''s pretty time consuming (but it helps that a. I''m a dork and b. I have waaaay too much free time on my hands, lol)!
2.gif

Oh, and the bridesmaid dress in the picture is Bill Levkoff style 500

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 1:15:53 PM
Author: Rachie
Kerbear, all of your wedding stuff is gorgeous! And Addison Oak''s food is wonderful, my cousin got married there and a friend of mine did as well and everything was great! I am planning on getting married there as well (if I ever get off the LIW list!
2.gif
) ,especially since you have to provide your own liquor. My cousin owns a few breweries (which I have worked at one of them for 7 years and is where I met my FF, who also still works there) so I will be able to save $$$ in that department! Are you doing buffet or sit down dinner? Both my friend and my cousin did buffet (which was a great spread), but I wonder how they do with the sit down? Anyways, congrats and have fun planning the rest of your wedding! It looks like it is going to be great!

Thanks Rachie!

I''m glad to hear that you loved the food at Addison Oaks too (it''s reassuring when everyone you talk to raves about how good it is)!
1.gif
We also like the fact that you are able to save money by bringing in your own alcohol! How lucky are you that your cousin owns a few breweries?!

Here''s hoping for a speedy graduation from the LIW list, so you can start planning your Addison Oaks wedding too!
36.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 2:18:29 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 8/30/2006 6:02:38 PM

Date: 8/29/2006 11:37:59 PM

Author: SanDiegoLady

I LOVE YOUR STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
face23.gif
YAY! I''m so excited for you. You''re going to look stunning!

Thanks SanDiegoLady! I can only hope I look half as stunning as you did on your wedding day!

You''re so sweet.. You will be stunning. I can''t wait for pictures. :) I''m such a photo whore, I swear. LOL I love weddings..!!!

Well, it''ll be a while, lol, but I''ll post pictures when I have them (in about a year...sigh...seems like it''s so far away, but I know the time will probably fly)! I always love looking at everyone''s wedding pictures, so I figure the least I can do is reciprocate when the time comes!
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
So, we''ve made a little more wedding progress! Last week I was on the knot, and I happened across the bio of a girl that was selling her really cool candle centerpieces for $15 a piece for a set of three. I searched around to see what they retailed for online, and found some for $29.99. Half off isn''t bad, but I was sure the shipping wouldn''t have been cheap, so I decided to think about it.

So, the next day I''m looking through a Bed Bath and Beyond circular, and low and behold, there they are...except these go with our color scheme even better (the ones that the girl on the knot was selling were clear with 24 karat gold paint decorating the stems...these are the same, except the glass is gold)! The great part is that they were only $19.99 for a set of three, plus they were offering 20% off your entire purchase the Friday after Thanksgiving from 6am - 10am. So, my sister and I got up early and braved the craziest shopping day of the year! We picked up enough of them to do half of the centerpieces (the other half will be some sort of floral arrangement). I love them! They are the perfect color, and nice and tall (the tallest one is 20 inches, the middle one is 16 inches and the shortest one is 12 inches)! I think they''ll add a romantic feel to the room.

CharismaCandleholders.JPG

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
We also just sent out our deposit for the videographer! We weren’t even sure if we were going to have one at first, but my FI has a lot of extended family overseas that won’t be able to attend our wedding, and in the end it was important to have a video to send over to them. There’s a lot of buzz about the guy we ended up hiring on my local boards on the knot (His work is amazing- he has won national awards!), but he doesn’t list his prices on his website. Everyone always talks about how expensive he is, but after looking at MANY demo’s from other local videographers and being slightly underwhelmed, we decided to email him and find out exactly how much he charges. It was a lot, but not as much as we had expected. He charges by the hour, and since our wedding is in the evening, we only need coverage for six hours (I can see how his prices could be viewed as very expensive if you had an afternoon wedding...yikes!). My fiancé and I met with him, and decided we definitely wanted to hire him! It''s more than we were originally wanting to spend, but I think he''s worth it (pictures and video are all you have left after the day is over, right?)! I’m so excited! Here’s his website: Lee Thomas Contemporary Films

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
love your dress (i tried it on and was one of my faves) and love your new color scheme! the center pieces are going to be so beautiful! please post pics when they''re done!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I love ALL your stuff! Love Jacque85''s hair, is she back on TheKnot now? Love the ring bearer pillow, love your dress! I need to go checkout the BIW thread to see when everyone is getting married
1.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 12:54:55 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
love your dress (i tried it on and was one of my faves) and love your new color scheme! the center pieces are going to be so beautiful! please post pics when they''re done!

Thanks ginger! I''m flattered that you like my stuff! Your wedding was totally amazing...I hope mine is half as nice! About my dress- I remember seeing a pic of you in a similar one in your dress search thread. I loved it on you (I also love the Reem you ended up choosing)! Like I said, I had never tried that particular dress on before I bought it (although I had tried on various styles and decided I looked best in a dropped waist), and since our body types are similar, when I found that listing I thought back to you and figured I''d give it a shot! So, thank you for being part of the reason I had the courage to buy the dress without trying it on first!
9.gif

Here''s a pic of knottie somethingblue4''s centerpieces (the ones I was originally thinking of buying), to give you an idea of what they''ll look like:

somethingblue4b.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 2:14:52 AM
Author: KBerly
Ok, I love ALL your stuff! Love Jacque85''s hair, is she back on TheKnot now? Love the ring bearer pillow, love your dress! I need to go checkout the BIW thread to see when everyone is getting married
1.gif

Thanks KBerly! I don''t think Jacque85 has been back on the knot- what drama with that girl! She sure does have pretty hair though, lol!

Actually, I never added myself to the BIW list...oops! I''m off to do that now!
9.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Kerbear, also wanted to say I love your ering! I saw more pics of it in another thread. I love the look of the diamond with the wider band (mine is 3.2mm I think
1.gif
). Do you have your wedding band yet? I may have missed it some where. I wanna see it!

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 2:52:05 PM
Author: KBerly
Kerbear, also wanted to say I love your ering! I saw more pics of it in another thread. I love the look of the diamond with the wider band (mine is 3.2mm I think
1.gif
). Do you have your wedding band yet? I may have missed it some where. I wanna see it!

Thanks for the complement on my e-ring! I don''t have my wedding bands yet (the wedding isn''t until September)!
39.gif
I plan on flanking my ring with two very thin micropave bands! I posted my inspiration pictures here (if you''re interested)! I saw the pic that you posted of your wedding band in your wedding pictures thread. It looks so pretty! I can''t wait to see hand pictures of it with your beautiful e-ring (hint hint)!
31.gif
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
More updates! I won our Lenox Jubilee Pearl toasting flutes on eBay! There are tiny faux pearls in the stem...so pretty (I''m wearing pearls, and when I found them I was so excited that they match my jewelry- and yes, I realize how totally unnecessary it is that they coordinate, lol)!

LenoxJubileePearl.jpg

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
And, I won this on eBay a long time ago, but forgot to post it! Our flower girl basket (again with the pearls
9.gif
):

FGBasket1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results