shape
carat
color
clarity

your thought on a few proposal ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snowgie17

Rough_Rock
Love to hear anybody''s thoughts... I want to pop the question by New Year''s!

1. Take her to the place where I first told her I loved her, and propose. (It''s not Paris or anything like that, but hopefully the significance of the location trumps all...) Romantic dinner reservations and a stay at a really nice hotel that night.

2. She''s a teacher (high school), so I thought maybe about going to her school as a total surprise and doing it in front of the class... I''m sure the kids would cheer for her!

3. I''ve done "scavenger hunts" for her before, where I''ll leave a series of notes around the apartment, each with a funny or romantic picture of us. But this time, at the end, the last note will tell her to meet me at one of our favorite restaurants, and I''ll be there waiting for her, ring and all....!

thanks!!

oliverOSU

Rough_Rock
I really think it comes down to what she is like.
#1 is great if she is a more private, sentimental person
#2 is great if she is ok with something public and having the kids there
#3 if she is someone who would like to do something fun. I''m not a huge fan of the scavenger hunt ideas, mainly because I think my gf wouldn''t find it romantic or really much fun. but for the right girl, it could be great!

4themrs

Rough_Rock
I am in a similiar situation but instead of an engagement I am planning a surprise party for my wifes 40th b-day.
Something that has helped me is to "search" for "suprise". "surprise engagement" and read the different Threads that were available.
hope that helps?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 8:03:59 PM
Author: oliverOSU
I really think it comes down to what she is like.

#1 is great if she is a more private, sentimental person

#2 is great if she is ok with something public and having the kids there

#3 if she is someone who would like to do something fun. I'm not a huge fan of the scavenger hunt ideas, mainly because I think my gf wouldn't find it romantic or really much fun. but for the right girl, it could be great!
I second everything oliver said. Personally, I'd most appreciate #1 (if I were the one recieving the proposal). I would be mortified if my bf chose #2, because all I would be thinking about is what the other people in the room were thinking about... BUT that is because I am a very private person and don't like to be the center of attention.

Your gf might be the total opposite and may love to share that moment with her class! Take some time to really think about her personality, because the definition of a "perfect proposal" varies SO much from woman to woman. Hopefully, since you know her well enough to be proposing in the first place, the option that she'd most appreciate will be obvious to you!!

snowgie17

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for feedback! As she''s more of a private person, #1 is probably the best approach.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
PLEASE, if she is AT ALL private, steer clear of #2! That sounds like something I might have a nightmare about. And I''d be like Oliver''s GF, the scavenger hunt would seem kind of childish and not romantic. Go for #1! Now THAT is romantic. Then you could say something like "Remember when I first told you I loved you, right here on this spot? Well, I know I will love you more and more every day for the rest of our lives. Won''t you be my wife?'' Or something like that. Also, have you considered something romantic and simple at home? I think sometimes guys get so wrapped up in arranging interesting hoopla that the substance gets lost. A setting can help romance, but overall, I think romance is something that happens in the energy between two people who love each other, regardless of where they are.

When I hear engagement stories, the ones that always touch me are about what the guy SAID not, where they were or how he did it. If you come up with the perfect, heartfelt speech, you''re golden.

Congrats on the future engagement and good luck!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a few good ideas myself. It really depends on what your GF is into?
Is she adventurous, I really like the scavenger hunt idea, although if you are like me she may put 2 and 2 together as she is "on the hunt".
I think that I may travel to a little get away in Vermont, although I am nervous about going through airport security and her being their and finding it.
interested in what direction you are going to go?

snowgie17

Rough_Rock
Luckily I won''t be travelling by plane, only by car, so the airline security scan won''t be an issue for me. As some other people on this thread indicated, my girlfriend probably won''t be too thrilled about other people "sharing" the experience with her when I propose (a.k.a. if I pop the question in front of her class at school...), so I''m sticking with the more private approach: asking her to marry me at the same place I told her I loved her for the first time.

A friend of mine recently ran a half-marathon with his girlfriend, and had the ring tucked inside his headband the whole race. When they crossed the finish line together, he proposed.

findarock

Shiny_Rock
snowgie,that is a good idea, we are going to go to Vermont, this winter for a trip, so maybe on the chair lift? top or bottom of the slopes, good idea!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I think I am going to remember that little check list of yours, as I start to think about how I ask the big question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results