shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a wedding band (music) for the Philly area, any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m getting married in the Philly area on June 20th of next year. Now I''m fine with a DJ, but my future father-in-law is dead set on a band. I want the band to be a top 40 who can cover a lot songs, both rock and dance, not just another R&B band. The crowd will consist of a lot of 30 something people. Does anyone have any recommendations for a great site to get an idea for a band or any recommendations on a specific band?

Thanks,

MP

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes... we researched a zillion bands and ended up going with the All About Me band (based mostly on recommendations)... they were phenomenal. Really, really great... we got more compliments on them than anything else, and several other people ended up booking them after hearing them at our wedding. The people are fantastic too... so sweet and willing to accomodate anything we asked. They learned Steady As We Go by Dave Matthews Band for our 1st dance song, and it was absolutely perfect. Their cost was reasonable compared to most similar bands in the area... I think we paid about $6000, but since then they've raised their fees (I think they added another musician to make it a 10-piece band). Website: www.allaboutmelive.com I don't think they sound nearly as good on their website as they did in person, but definitely check them out!

ETA -- Our crowd was similar to yours, I would imagine... ranging from all our friends in their 20s, to our parents' friends in their 50s... and the music they played definitely pleased everyone.

MP

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 7:29:13 PM
Author: ephemery1
Yes... we researched a zillion bands and ended up going with the All About Me band (based mostly on recommendations)... they were phenomenal. Really, really great... we got more compliments on them than anything else, and several other people ended up booking them after hearing them at our wedding. The people are fantastic too... so sweet and willing to accomodate anything we asked. They learned Steady As We Go by Dave Matthews Band for our 1st dance song, and it was absolutely perfect. Their cost was reasonable compared to most similar bands in the area... I think we paid about $6000, but since then they''ve raised their fees (I think they added another musician to make it a 10-piece band). Website: www.allaboutmelive.com I don''t think they sound nearly as good on their website as they did in person, but definitely check them out!

ETA -- Our crowd was similar to yours, I would imagine... ranging from all our friends in their 20s, to our parents'' friends in their 50s... and the music they played definitely pleased everyone.
Thanks for the recommendation. We''ve been racking our brains about this whole band thing. I''m not a huge concert or live band person and neither is my fiance. We honesty just thought a DJ would be fine, but her father is set on a band. Now we have to find one that we can book.

I will check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results