shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy an SI2 anniversary band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I''m back with another question. I tried doing a search on this topic, but I can''t get the search engine to work for some reason, no matter what terms I put in. Anyway, one of the PS vendors has an anniversary ring that is an SI2. The price is great (the image below shows the 14K gold price), and they say that their diamonds are all excellent or ideal cut. They have a 30-day return policy, no questions asked.

I was sent this image, which doesn''t tell you a whole lot about what the ring will look like. I''m wondering how high 3mm is. Does anyone have an anniversary or eternity band that is 3mm high? How high is that?

Is an SI2 a lot worse looking than an SI1? I have an SI1 cushion in my e-ring that looks perfect to my eyes. Thanks!!

anniversary band 2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi melpla.

3 mm isn''t very high. I''m giving you the link to a mm ruler so you can see.

How those SI2 diamonds would look, I have no idea. But if it''s a great price, and since it sounds like they have a great return policy, just bring it home and eyeball it. Best way to tell, and it can''t hurt!

http://www.eduplace.com/science/hmxs/ps/pdf/4rs_3_2-4.pdf

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3mm is high compared to a low set band. A 3mm band won''t work with an engagement ring that has the diamond set low. Do you have a picture of your e-ring?

melpla

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side view of my ring. Using that millimeter ruler, I don''t think my ring is 3mm high...it seems more around 2mm for the band itself.

melpla ering from side.JPG

melpla

Shiny_Rock
One more

melpla ering sidec.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results