shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold solitaire and Memoire band...at last!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/14/2006 4:45:59 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I think I''m in love!!! I love the new pics!!!
30.gif
You are so sweet! I just can''t wait until the day we can celebrate YOUR rings!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Old dirty rings (1 ct) and new rings (1.63)

newringsIMG_0073.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Absolutely gorgeous! Great choices and congrats!

cheers--Sharon

CT026

Rough_Rock
Your set is stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, and the two rings look really great together!

Enjoy
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh My!

Just beautiful DS

I love the look of the band with your ering. Stunning

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful!! Congratulations!!! I hope that maybe this setting - even tho not the one you had chosen - will maybe grow on you - then you will not have to go without it again...it is beautiful :}

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Diamondseeker, you finally got it!!!! It looks amazing
9.gif
36.gif
Congratulations, and do enjoy it on your hand before you take it back for fixing the head. ohhh!, I''m so happy for your
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Sharon, CT026, Eva, Sevens One, wifey2b, and sunkist! Thank you all for your nice comments!

(Sunkist...you can see I chickened out on the Lockes! As much as I loved it, there was no way for me to try it on with the Memoire band, which is what I really wanted. So I just went with a ring that I knew would work with the diamond band, and I can always change it later, if I find something better, or make it to NY and can visit Lockes!)

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love those last few photos...WOW! The diamond is HUGE! POP
30.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I really do like the Memoire band DS. I don''t know if you already posted this but do you mind sharing how much the price range is for the band in platinum or white gold? I believe you went with the white gold, right?

I''m still unsure what type of wedding band I want to go with but I am certainly considering the Memoire now.
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks UCLABelle, DL, and Alj! I appreciate it so much!

DL, I just posted a long message with all the prices, and it was lost when I clicked to submit it! But I''ll try again now!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Memoire Band retail prices as of mid-Sept. (regular jewelry store)..somewhere like Pearlman''s may sell for less.

7 stone: .75 cts. (10-11 points each), (M) G VS2-SI1, 18k $2150/ (A) G VVS-VS $2450, platinum $3000/3300

9 stone: (I think 1 ct. tw) 18k $3150, plat $4000 (add around $300 if you want the higher clarity)

I think the Memoire is your best bet other than Tiffany to go with the Lockes ring. I wish I could have tried them together. I do think you could go with the .50 band which would be 7 points each since it would be closer to the width of the Lockes band. The Tiffany 7 stone ring at .56 was about $3600, so the Memoire is definitely less than that. My ring size is 5 3/8, and the 7 stone is enough to wrap around the top of my finger, but my other fingers mostly hit the smooth band part. That is why I went with 7 instead of 9...you can only see 7 stones anyway.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love them!! Quite a perfect set together - they look so compatible! I love the band, what does it mean, a "memoires" band? Wow, I am really impressed by your set, it is very lovely. Beautiful stone and the head isn''t really so bad. Your choice to change or keep, but it does look good as is.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thanks very much, Beacon!

Memoire is a brand that makes diamond wedding/anniversay/eternity bands. They are great quality. I can''t explain it but the metal is made in a speical way that eliminates the problems cast rings sometime have with porosity.

Here is the website:

http://www.memoire.com/collections.html

Mine is from the Petite Prong style. Someday I might get some of their little hoop earrings, too!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Wow DS2006, your set is fabulous! I love the memoire band. It goes so well with your ring. I hope you get the head issue resolved, but not too soon, so you can enjoy it for a bit!
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
beautiful set!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Yay, finally!

ds, your set is beautiful.

I''m kinda picky on when I like a diamond band with a plain one. A lot of times, to me, they don''t look like they go together/flow together, but yours does, I LOVE it. And honestly? when I finally saw a side view with the head (I KNEW you were hesitating, lol) my first thought was, it looks regal. I really think it does. But, you have to get what makes you happy, so I wouldn''t blame you if you changed it or just got a different one.

Congrats!! It really is gorgeous.
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Milly and Gail!

Ellen..yes, it is sort of like the stone is on it''s throne or something! And I will have to agree with you, these two rings are so perfectly matched that they could be a set. That''s the thing I couldn''t achieve without trying both on. There was no way to order an e-ring setting from one place and a diamond band from another without trying them on first. They sit flush, and both bands are sort of flat but rounded slightly. I am adjusting a little to the ring setting, but I am really concerned about the size of the diamond. I imagine you''re the only one on PS who understands this! I did tell Jon that I was feeling some DSA (diamond size anxiety) and that if it doesn''t shrink soon, I may take a look at the 1.4 G VS1 and he is getting in another in that size in a few days. This diamond is really perfect, so I wouldn''t settle for one that wasn''t as good or better, if that is possible. The ring issue is going to cause me to have to wait on the earrings until I know what I''m doing about the ring diamond. My husband thinks I''m nuts. He thinks if I get a smaller one then I''ll wish I had a bigger one! I just know that when I went to church this morning with my old 1 ct. diamond on, I still had on close to the biggest diamond there. Just because we can afford it does not necessarily mean that I have a need to have it. This diamond is really wonderful, but if I am going to feel uncomfortable wearing it outside the house, it''s not doing me a lot of good!
40.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 5:05:47 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks Milly and Gail!

Ellen..yes, it is sort of like the stone is on it''s throne or something! And I will have to agree with you, these two rings are so perfectly matched that they could be a set. That''s the thing I couldn''t achieve without trying both on. There was no way to order an e-ring setting from one place and a diamond band from another without trying them on first. They sit flush, and both bands are sort of flat but rounded slightly. I am adjusting a little to the ring setting, but I am really concerned about the size of the diamond. I imagine you''re the only one on PS who understands this! I did tell Jon that I was feeling some DSA (diamond size anxiety) and that if it doesn''t shrink soon, I may take a look at the 1.4 G VS1 and he is getting in another in that size in a few days. This diamond is really perfect, so I wouldn''t settle for one that wasn''t as good or better, if that is possible. The ring issue is going to cause me to have to wait on the earrings until I know what I''m doing about the ring diamond. My husband thinks I''m nuts. He thinks if I get a smaller one then I''ll wish I had a bigger one! I just know that when I went to church this morning with my old 1 ct. diamond on, I still had on close to the biggest diamond there. Just because we can afford it does not necessarily mean that I have a need to have it. This diamond is really wonderful, but if I am going to feel uncomfortable wearing it outside the house, it''s not doing me a lot of good!
40.gif
I totally understand having to see the bands together, I would have been the same way. You did an outstanding job of matching them!

Now, about this size issue, you''re right, I''m probably the only one that gets it. Well, actually I think there may be a couple others, lol. Seriously, it IS going to shrink. It took me a good two months before it set in, but mine does not look as big to me now as when I first got it. Honestly, if it weren''t for the fact that I absolutely ADORE this diamond beyond words, I might consider trying to talk hubby into going up at some point, just a bit. But I''m not willing to get rid of this diamond, this is it.

I know exactly how you feel, but believe me, you will get used to it, and pretty soon, it''s going to look like that 1.4.
9.gif

I personally would not change it, I''m certain you''ll change your mind.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, Ellen, I need to give you a cyberhug. I really needed to hear that. I think I need to give this some time before I make a crazy decision.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2006 5:40:33 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Gosh, Ellen, I need to give you a cyberhug. I really needed to hear that. I think I need to give this some time before I make a crazy decision.
lol Thanks.
2.gif

Yep, just give it some time.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
DS2006,

Thanks for the information. I''m partial to a full eternity but it sounds like the Memoire Band price for that would be higher than what we''d like to spend. I''m going to try and find a local place who carry them to try a few on with the Lockes and see how it sits.

I really adore your set so your effort definitely paid off! Lovely lovely.
1.gif

Roz

Rough_Rock
Am I reading this right, is that 1.63 carets? It looks HUUUUUUGE! Absoloutely positively massive. It looks amazing too by the way
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2006 6:07:19 PM
Author: diamondlove
DS2006,

Thanks for the information. I'm partial to a full eternity but it sounds like the Memoire Band price for that would be higher than what we'd like to spend. I'm going to try and find a local place who carry them to try a few on with the Lockes and see how it sits.

I really adore your set so your effort definitely paid off! Lovely lovely.
1.gif
Thanks, DL! Even though I absolutely love the look of full eternity, I wonder how well they handle daily wear and tear over time. The part that is under the finger will get banged on things. I just didn't want to worry about flattened prongs, etc. Remember that platinum is soft. And will you wear the same ring size over the next 50 years? There are just pros and cons to full eternity. But I will say that I'd like Memoire in full eternity more than most others because it is not so thick as to be uncomfortable. It'll be great if you can find a Memoire dealer to try some on..that will really help you determine the right size to go with your gorgeous e-ring! I'll be waiting to see what you decide...I might still get the Lockes yet!

Roz

Rough_Rock
Ooh, I''m sorry! I have just read the full thread and found out that you are concerned about the size.

Well, let me explain. I''m over here in England and we are so taxed to death and our men are so mean
29.gif
that people rarely have diamonds over 1 caret.

Look at me going with the stereotypes here, my Mum has a 1 caret ring that I like (it looks to big on me but I am young
28.gif
) and she always says that her friends have much bigger rings.

Honestly I don''t really think it matters whether you have the biggest ring in Church. I admit that you may feel bad about the sum of money spent on the ring when the church roof needs replacing
31.gif
, but honestly, all that matters is that you are happy with it and that you aren''t mean with the vicar
17.gif
... and if you take a trip to New York and walk around some of the expensive stores maybe it will feel smaller
10.gif

I don''t know, it''s totally your decision to make
10.gif
but my stone will be under one caret ... through choice... and a fab colour, cut and clarity

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! That''s okay, Roz! I certainly do want it to look the size it is! You are right that if I went on a trip to a larger city, it wouldn''t seem so large! It''s just an adjustment for me because I have worn a 1 ct. for many years. My 21 year old daughter says she doesn''t want a diamond this size either...which is a good thing as most young men wouldn''t be able to do it!

Roz

Rough_Rock
Aww don''t listen to her... if you live in the country maybe it''s a good idea to have a snazzy diamond and then if you have bad weather and get a power cut (power outage?) then you can always use it as a torch if you need to
11.gif

I think it looks beautiful (I''m 26, but at this stage I couldn''t carry off a big diamond), just have the confidence to stand tall and enjoy wearing it
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is a really PRETTY stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results