shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes Earrings in Vanity Fair -- Bling Diva! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I broke down & got the Vanity Fair Issue with Baby Suri..awww..

but what really got me was Katie''s earrings! They are a pale pink diamond..halo''d drop earrings.

*gulp* I must have!!! Perhaps with blue sapphires since i had a boy.

I can scan a pic, but I hope Bling Diva can do her magic & post a better quality shot, since she''s such a talent at keeping us abreast of our celebrity jewlery obsession.

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
060906mapr03.jpg

as close as I can get... durned vanity fair logo blocking it!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are pretty. Pink for a girl, what a neat idea. Reminds me of the maternity rings that SP sells.
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here are some of the best pics I could get...

KatieHolmesHaloEarrings221.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~One more...I''ll keep trying!!

KatieHEarrings114.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Could you possibly zoom in on the cover shot? It''s on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/baby-sur-pics-from-vanity-fair.50483/ (I''d do the old cut and paste but apparently I am mac-disabled).. Good luck!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ah, Bling Diva, I knew I could count on you!

You are so wonderful...

Thanks!

Jeannine

p.s. I want those earrings!

sandybraman

Rough_Rock
Where can I get these earrings?????

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2006 3:31:39 PM
Author: sandybraman
Where can I get these earrings?????
I bet leon mege would do an awesome awesome custom job for you
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
those look a lot like styles by Leslie Greene and Penny Preville.....(now two sep. companies)...maybe you can find something that looks like them ...but custom is probably your best bet ....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HA! Well, call me crazy, but they look JUST like earrings on LeslieGreene.com...For work, we did some stuff for them a few years ago so I'm familiar with their styles....which still look like Leslie Penny for Penny Preville...

Go to the look book and you'll find them...I bet they can do them with blue in there...
They are a pretty small outfit with offices at Great Neck, NY .... As far as I know, they may still do appointments with clients, or just give them a call!!!! :) Bst of luck, they are pretty...

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
It''s so cute that the baby girl''s hair is growing FORWARD like that, hehe....

earrings_maniac

Rough_Rock
Hy everyone!!! I am young and in loe with those earrings!!! I searched everywhere and my search is now aproximately lasting for 9 hours and cannot find anything even similar to that!!!!!!!! I tryed Penny Perville and Leslie Greene and the earrings are still nowhere to be found!!!! I checked the look book on Leslie Greene.com and turned out NADA!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME I am devestated,anything at least similar....plizzzzzzzzzzzzz THANX a LOT!!!!

depressed
7.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
lesliegreene.com does have those earrings (or ones very similar) but the picture shows them all in white rather than pink. It''s in the lookbook on the second to last panel.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Maniac...they are there...I promise...

....you can't really see the "look book" unless you go ALL the way down to the bottom....Then you'll see them....I can't cut and paste for some reason. She used to so custom and may still do it....they should have no problem putting in a blue gem stone or sapphire or other color....

They may have moved to another shop in great neck...this might be the number...it's not a big outfit so you should have no trouble...

516-829-8988

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/2/2006 2:12:36 PM
Author: earrings_maniac
Hy everyone!!! I am young and in loe with those earrings!!! I searched everywhere and my search is now aproximately lasting for 9 hours and cannot find anything even similar to that!!!!!!!! I tryed Penny Perville and Leslie Greene and the earrings are still nowhere to be found!!!! I checked the look book on Leslie Greene.com and turned out NADA!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME I am devestated,anything at least similar....plizzzzzzzzzzzzz THANX a LOT!!!!

depressed
7.gif
Well, I think they are lesliegreene. try http://www.lesliegreene.com

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
i think the prob is that she can''t see the "look book"...ya gotta go all the way down to the bottom! :)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Yep Maniac...I checked the lookbook & that''s them. If you zoom in you''ll see.

I need these earrings too. I''m thinking custom as well, ya know, its cheaper. I wonder what pale blue diamonds cost. Any guesses on carat weight/mm diameter of the center diamonds? .25?

Jeannine

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

ETA: I'm not sure they ARE exactly the same. Katie's dangles seem to have a loop where they attatch to the main part of the earring. The LG ones look fixed. I would much prefer the danglier ones.

lesliegreen katie earrings.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
These castings are from Adwar and I believe that WF will order from them. Should be simple enough to fill them with diamonds, attach a loop and put them on some small hoops.

adwar katie lookalikes.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You''re right..the Katie earrings are a hoop with a dangle and these are fixed...The plot thickens! :)

pearlgirl

Rough_Rock
RE: KATIE HOLMES EARRINGS IN VANITY FAIR 10/06

These were custom designed for Katie Holmes. They are 18kt white gold and rose gold, set with pave diamonds, and one interior bevel set diamond. None of the diamonds are pink. They appear that way because they are set in rose gold. The detachable earring hoop is white gold. The ear piece is pave diamond rose, then pave diamond white, then diamond bevel set rose. I believe they were made by Simon G Jewelry in LA , as they were prominently (and exclusively) featured in an ad in the same issue. Regardless, Simon G cannot duplicate these earrings as they were custom designed. However, it is a simple enough design for someone else, but they will NOT be inexpensive as that is a good amount of diamonds! Someone will create a less expensive version soon as there is so much interest in them. Let''s hope very soon....

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Pearlgirl:

Intersting that none of the diamonds are pink. I''m sure you are correct, but I was looking in my magazine last night at them (and drooooling) and they sure look pink.

Some things I noticed.....

The outer halo of diamonds (there are two halos before the bezel set center) is set in rose gold, the middle halo is set in a white metal, an then the center diamond is bezel set in rose gold as well.

To my eye, it looked as if not only were the outer halo & bezels in rose gold, but the diamonds a pale pink as well.

As a PP mentioned, the LeslieGreen earrings are not the same thing. There is no gap in Katie''s halos & there is a loop (what is the word for that? Ballast? no..that''s a sailing term...bail?) which connects the drops to the diamond hoops.

What I love about these earrings, is that you could also wear the hoops alone.

I will own these earrings. This is my next project. It might be a year out, but I''m gonna start saving. I must have them! In platinum of course...durned allergy.

Later!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Again, what carat weight do you think those center stones are? I just searched for some .20 to .25 rbs on here & the mm''s are 3.9 to 4mm in diameter. That would make these a little (omg, can''t believe I''m about to say this...) too big. They are dainty & that''s part of what I like.

Jeannine

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I found a bunch of cool drop earrings on diamondsafe.com.

Here''s a similar pair.

msn.com 781.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like this pair too.

diamondsafe.com 1017.jpg

pearlgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Jeannine,

Simon G specializes in mixed metals and is VERY popular in LA right now. They also bought a full page ad in the same VF issue, quite near the article. The detail I posted here was confirmed by Simon G Jewelry when they confirmed to me that they created the Katie Holmes earrings in Vanity Fair. However, a few days later, someone else at Simon G denied they created them and said they could not duplicate a custom order anyway. As Tom Cruise was their customer, and bought them for Katie when she gave birth to their daughter, I would imagine the bezel set diamonds are not small. I would think 1ct each, at least. You''re right though. The design would not work with much larger diamonds (www.simongjewlery.com)

As far as the detachable hoops go...Erica Courtney, another VERY high profile Jewelry Designer in LA, has been designing earrings with them for years. Erica''s are great in that they are reversable - one side pave diamond, they other polished metal only. She also reverses the earring pieces as well, so you end up with six options - hoops only, diamond or not - with front pave diamond ear pieces, or reverse side - with either option hoops. I hope you can follow that, but the design is brillant, although NOT cheap (www.ericacourtney.com). I don''t think they''re on her website but you could call them in LA. She does make them in platinum. If she''ll sell you the hoops only, it would be simple enough to use the pave halo cast to create the rest of the earrings pictured. Just hire a master goldsmith, but you''ve still got to pay for them! This should help. Let me know how things work out for you!

pearlgirl

Rough_Rock
Here is a close up of the earrings for you.

K. Holmes earrings.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results