shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 8:16:18 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 9/21/2006 7:29:52 PM

Author: lizz

I hate Mario Lopez. Ever since that whole cheat-on-Ali-Landry at the bachelor party thing (and before).

He WHAT??!?!!??!!?

Fill me in. I''m out of that loop. It might make it easier for me to wholeheartedly, unequivocally root for Joey Lawrence.

me too, me too...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 8:16:18 PM
Date: 9/21/2006 7:29:52 PM

I hate Mario Lopez. Ever since that whole cheat-on-Ali-Landry at the bachelor party thing (and before).

He WHAT??!?!!??!!?

Fill me in. I''m out of that loop. It might make it easier for me to wholeheartedly, unequivocally root for Joey Lawrence.

Ahhh. That was it. Like I said, I remember reading something that banished him to eternal prat-hood, but forgot what it was.

And all I have to say about him shagging his dance partner is that while I am sorry to use such a vulgar term, she really does come off as skanky to me. All boney cleavage and skimpy clothes and dyed greys and way more makeup (even by dance standards!
23.gif
) than necessary... and just, well, skanky.

Maybe they should have paired her with Jerry...
11.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 3:43:22 PM
Author: Galateia
Deco, please don''t take this in a ''scary internet girl stalker'' kind of way, but I think I adore you.
9.gif
*quietly locking my windows*
HA! J/K
9.gif
Us opinionated gals have to stick together, right?

I''d been avoiding this thread until I caught up on my Tivo watching. Now I can read it, hurray!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
UUUGGGHHHH my tivo died
7.gif
so I missed both nights
7.gif
I''ve enjoyed reading everyone''s take on what happened and the results show as well. This is definitely one of my favorite shows. Jerry Springer needs to go and I bet he had a pained look on his face when he was safe again LOL Last week it was like he was thinking...I have to do this again LOL My favorites (from week one since I didn''t get to watch) were Emmit and Cheryl, Joey and Etyna, Mario and his partner, and that country singer and her partner. Didn''t like Shanna so much so glad to see her go and I''m going to duck after I say this but I''m not a fan of Willa either...ducking now
38.gif

Tivo back tomorrow so I''m excited to see next week. Damn TIVO!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Here are the sordid details on Mario:

Ali Landry & Mario Lopez’s Quickie
Only two weeks after their romantic wedding in Mexico, Ali Landry is seeking an annulment after learning of Lopez’s infidelities. "Another One Bites the Dust" should be the official theme song for Hollywood marriages. Not the quickest of Hollywood marriages, but definitely up there with the best. Sources say that actress and former Doritos spokesperson Ali Landry learned of new husband Mario Lopez’s extracurricular activities shortly after their wedding at the exclusive Las Almandas resort outside Puerto Vallarta, Mexico on April 24. Friends close to the couple say they are glad that Landry has finally seen the light. Reportedly Lopez has a history of infidelity.

Landry and Saved by the Bell star Lopez met in 1998 when she was doing TV commentary for the Miss USA Pageant he was emceeing. They began dating shortly after that and it took six long years to make it down the aisle. Landry’s friends have repeatedly warned her of Lopez’s roving eye, but this time she apparently was presented with enough evidence that she couldn’t ignore it. A source close to Landry says, "She didn’t want to believe it, but she was given really strong evidence this time. She is devastated." The most recent incident reportedly occurred at Lopez’s bachelor party in Acapulco.

The Oprah Winfrey Show taped their wedding ceremony for a feature on nuptials, but Landry has asked that the segment be cut. Fortunately, she won’t have to see the wedding on national television. Landry’s friend says, "She’s still processing what has happened, but she has her friends and family around her. She’s strong. She’ll get through this." Too bad she wasted six years of her life for a two-week wedding. Unfortunately, she wasn’t saved by the bell of reality before saying, "I do.

(source: buzzle.com)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Didn''t know any of that.
38.gif
Creep.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
sooo.... I know there are some West coast people out there - so I won''t say too much, but I do have to say: THOSE JUDGES MAKE ME SICK!!

I am so annoyed with how biased they are.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm still watching it...but i am so over geriatric springer! 'please just keep me around til the waltz'...well do you DESERVE to be there til the waltz? after the waltz you'll just say okay i'm done? wtf! is this a competition or can jerry just not afford actual waltz lessons? MEH to the max. get off the stage!

so far monique was the most amazing...i like how all of the sidebars with the practice are totally geared towards the dancers and their celebs totally milking the viewers for their telephone votes...like willa doing the whole thing with 'if america doesn't start voting for me i'll be gone..i don't have a superbowl ring blah blah'...but her point was really valid i thought. it's true that some of the other viewers have the serious fan base thanks to their status as celebs...it's tough i think. i mean in the past i think that's true as well but this season is just seems more prevalent or something.

emmitt is definitely cultivating the votes with his whole beauty pageant dance where his wife was hosting...that gal cheryl is all about doing the travel and perform thing to garner external support and votes, she did it with drew lachey last year as well.

interesting with the whole cowboy boots with sara and tony...they did a good job though. i definitely puffy heart tony, he's the cutest.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
DID YOU SEE THE BLING ON EMMITT''S WIFE??? She was in the audience. HOlY CR@P!!!!!!
23.gif
3.gif

Jerry needs to go. It''s past his time to go. I thought Joey did a great job as usual. Mario was good too but he is totally creeping me out.

Willa was okay but I thought it lacked pep. Monique on the other hand was AMAZING!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Whoa - I sure did notice Emmitt''s wife''s ring. Holy cow. Yup, fabulous. She herself is also beautiful.

I missed the first half of the show, but I thought Joey was good.

I did like Tony D. in the cowboy clothes. He did a good job imitating the western thing, considering he has no idea.....

The judges were sure angry with everyone breaking "the rules". Crabby, crabby.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed emmitt and cheryl and was suprised that they scored the lowest
6.gif
were they really that bad?

I thought monique was AWESOME and love her, she''s becoming my female favorite for sure.

I thought sara and Tony did a great job and I puffy heart tony too, she just bugs me for some reason
40.gif

missed willa''s performance again but caught the judges comments. were they implying that willa and max are dating?
33.gif

What did Mario and his partner do that made the judges so mad? I didn''t understand them when they said it and I can''t rewind. I thought they did great but if they are showing off and breaking rules that''s no fun
14.gif
same with Joey. He did awesome but that performance should have been saved for the free-style if they make it that far. Why are they taking the risks of jumps etc.? sure it''s entertaining to the fans but they will get penalized by the judges and there may come a point where fan votes can compensate for the low scores. Anyway, I hope they play by the rules from here on out.

I actually like Harry''s performance tonight too. I bet he and Lisa will have fun going out and dancing together after he learns all these moves
31.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
the tv is hardly ever ever on at our house

so last night I saw from Harry onward - my first DWTS experience

I might be hooked....

Oh, and I kept thinking, wow that guy''s really cute (my bf is bald so I have a thing for bald heads) and then it struck me
Whoa! that''s little Joey! Whoa! Hello big Joey!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 1:48:17 AM
DID YOU SEE THE BLING ON EMMITT''S WIFE??? She was in the audience. HOlY CR@P!!!!!!
23.gif
3.gif

Jerry needs to go. It''s past his time to go. I thought Joey did a great job as usual. Mario was good too but he is totally creeping me out.

Willa was okay but I thought it lacked pep. Monique on the other hand was AMAZING!!

YES WOW - I did notice that!! Insane!! I wonder if BlingDiva can dig that one up?? I''d like to see that up close.

Mario and his partner I think "broke the rules" by breaking their connection during their routine - I guess that is a big no-no.

I don''t understand why some other people can throw in some other moves and they don''t get penalized for it, but they seem to have it in for Mario - don''t get me wrong, he is not exactly my fav in this competition - but come on, give the guy a break, he can dance! A SIX as a score??

Now they are telling Joey to "not pull a Mario" - well that''s understandable, they obviously do not like the variety in the routines.

I was expecting a bit more than hot shorts from Willa, she has to stop I think with the faces when she dances (it really is starting to get old) but she was okay last night - it wasn''t her dance - I hate to say it, but I think she may be the one to go.

Jerry - I agree, he was basically telling America that he aches and everythings'' starting to hurt - well, good, then he does deserve to go! There are others that want it way more.

*By the way, I think Emmitt did great!! I may be changing my opinion of him. The judges though otherwise, I think it must be the curse of the first couple to perform...
Monique was also very good - she is getting better and better with each performance - I hope she is one of the finalists.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
What did y''all think of Vivica channeling Dorthy Dandridge?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I think Vivica is a fruitloop. Wonder what character it will be next week?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol re vivica. she kind of bugs me. i can totally appreciate how hard she is working but so is everyone else, girlfriend! and the crying when they give her the praise and stuff, come on. she just is starting to work the nerve too.

i thought that joey and edyta''s routine was awesome but i did see the lift and thought hello no lifts. what i don''t get is how these EXPERT dancers KNOW the rules and they don''t reign in their celebrities! they are the ones who should say NO that is not allowed and do you want a good score or not? i think that both of those routines would have been just as wonderful without all the high powered lift dramatics. i agree with the judges, stick to the rules. there''s times later in the show when IF YOU MAKE IT you can get all wild and crazy.

mario and his partner BUG ME now ...especially now that whoever posted in this thread the reminder of why he''s such a big L. i liked when he was all ''karina is a class act''...and on her end she''s all ''this is going to be the sexiest dance ever''..umm okay. oxymoron much? anyway, that girl CAN dance, she''s so incredibly fluid and that ending when she was practically bent over backwards, OW.

will be interesting to see who goes. i voted last nite on the phone 6x for joey and E before they closed phone lines and then voted online for J/E and willa a few times and also monique a few times. i like harry but i think he needs to keep stepping it up. who deserves to go this week? JERRY probably. but i don''t think he will!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I find Vivica to be just a little too intense to be likable. I think Mario and Joey are the best dancers, but I''m with you why aren''t their professional dance partners keeping them from breaking the rules??? Jerry needs to leave, but it will probably be Willa since she seems to have less of a fan base. I did think Sara did much better last night, but I can''t say that she is one of my favorites. Monique really rocked the house with that great jive number!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t see all of it last night and my husband deleted off tivo by accident
29.gif
so I have no idea who''s going to go tonight. Jerry wasn''t bad...not as bad as Emmitt last night. I''ve liked Emmitt''s dances thus far but this one was bad
38.gif
I''m sure he''ll be safe though as his HUGE fan base will vote him in. I''d like to see Jerry go. Harry did do better this week but still he''s not one of my favs. He could go as well. Willa...well I can understand her ''plea'' to America and yeah, it''s really not suppose to be a popularity contest but it is...as evidenced by Jerry Rice last year. Anyway, she''s probably going to get the boot. If not this week soon. I''m betting Emmitt will be in the bottom 3 tonight only for drama and he''ll be safe.

And yes...SERIOUS BLING on Mrs. Smith''s hand
6.gif
6.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 5:00:31 PM
Author: Small

And yes...SERIOUS BLING on Mrs. Smith''s hand
6.gif
6.gif

emmitt has to stick around another week just so i can get a closer look...

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for Joey, Willa, Sarah, and Monique online. (They let you vote up to 10 times last night online per e-mail address.) That''s another thing that gets me. I''m sure people are setting up all these ghost email accounts to try to get their celeb to win. The voting is going to be skewed by all this. I agree about Jerry Rice. I wanted Stacey Keibler to win last season, but Jerry Rice came in second and knocked Stacey out of the competition.

I think Harry is improving too. Emmitt and Jerry were nothing special. I don''t see what''s wrong with the judges telling the contestants they need to play by the rules. They need to enforce the rules.

Willa''s tantrums (in rehearsals) are really getting on my nerves. And she''s dating her partner?! Wow.

I think Monique is really impressive. She''s getting to be great. I voted for Sarah just because I thought she was most improved. But I saved most of my votes for Joey.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 5:45:29 PM
I wanted Stacey Keibler to win last season, but Jerry Rice came in second and knocked Stacey out of the competition.

Jerry did make it to the final three, but I thought it was stacey who came in 2nd and drew lachey winning....

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
MrsS, no, Jerry came in second and Drew won last season. I''m still up in arms over that!!!!
38.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gosh, i had forgotten that. i wanted drew and cheryl so I didn''t really care
3.gif
2.gif
. i do remember thinking Jerry lasted a lot longer than he should have. I think I wanted Lisa to dance in the final instead of Jerry. I don''t know that Emmett will last as long though..

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 6:32:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo
gosh, i had forgotten that. i wanted drew and cheryl so I didn''t really care
3.gif
2.gif
. i do remember thinking Jerry lasted a lot longer than he should have. I think I wanted Lisa to dance in the final instead of Jerry. I don''t know that Emmett will last as long though..
I actually thought by the end that Jerry was MUCH improved but obviously not as good as Drew or Stacey. I did vote for Jerry too...I really like him and admired his work ethic when he obviously wasn''t a dancer starting out.
I''m not sure about Emmitt...he''s actually decent even if last night''s dance was awful
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so last night right before DWTS was starting our power went out
39.gif
. No storm or good explaination just our entire neighboored was without electricity. So I totally missed the entire thing. I did find out that Harry was the one to go and I must admit to being a bit surprised. I liked him and thought he was improving. Oh what I would give to see Jerry''s face that he was safe. he must have a really huge fan base. anything else I missed?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
MrsS, Jerry Springer was in the bottom two, so he may be next to go next week. I liked Harry too and thought he had a lot of potential. I was glad that Willa wasn''t in the bottom two this week. You missed a really good pro number (only four pro couples danced) to the pasa doble (sp?). Harry''s partner was so broken up and in tears over Harry going home that she couldn''t even speak when the announcers asked her to comment.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was so bummed last week when Harry went home over Jerry. ESP after Jerry's comments about how he just wanted to stay til the waltz. What is this a pity vote thing? Seriously, TAKE A LESSON if you want to learn how to dance for your daughter's wedding. And tonite was the waltz and I was SO not emotionally moved about his dance. All I could think of was that Harry went before he probably should have, just because JERRY wanted to learn the waltz for a wedding. The ultimate lameness.
14.gif

The highlights for me tonite were Willa, Joey and Mario! Okay so Mario is a sleaze extraordinaire but he can dance and they did a wonderful number I thought. Definitely in the character. Willa really shined tonite with the waltz, very classy...and I loved Joey's waltz too! For me the Waltz IS the most boring of the dances basically and so it was fun to see a few people kind of shake it up with a bit more of an exciting thing tonite. Joey and Mario were probably my 2 faves. But everyone is definitely stepping it up (well except JERRY).

HOPEFULLY Jerry will go this time, though who knows with his big fan base. I am pretty much over Sara too, the girl moves like a piece of cardboard, and I'm tired of her 'walking' through all her steps ... or that is what it looks like on my TV anyway. ZZZZZZZ. Oh is it commercial yet? Bah!

I am going to vote online for Willa and Joey...I liked Mario but I don't know if I can in good conscience vote for him!! Listening to the SCREAMS from the female audience members tonite, sounds like I probably won't need to anyway so thats good!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Mario did awesome! I agree - he is a creep tendencies and the clips of him and Karina at his home in San Diego, they seem a little "cozy" than the rest of the couples - didn''t someone mention they were dating outside the show? With that being said, when he follows the "rules", he is and amazing dancer.

I liked Willa, and I really think she needs to stick around to the very end - maybe not to win it all, but certainly deserves to be at the top.

I am so over Vivica - I don''t understand why the judges think she is phenomenal - she is sub-par in my book. I guess this week she was Catherine Zeta Jones!!!?? - yak... I want her to screw up big time and lose some votes, maybe next week.

Jerry really doesn''t need to continue - he made it to the waltz, but with his carefree attitude- I think his fans will keep him in the competition unfortunatly....

I think the Waltz was the most boring of all the dances, so I was happy that some of the couples added their own flavor to it.

In my opinion, the worst performance was Sara - I really dislike her - especially at the end of the show when they announced she was the lowest in the scoring from the judges, and she looks over at her partner, and widens her eyes like "what just happened here?!" I think its just her attitude about the whole competition - like she has never experienced criticism, like its unfamiliar territory to her - cuz, well, that NEVER happens in singing. Puh-lease... Bleh....
38.gif

I still heart Joey and Edyta
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jerry sooooooooooooooo needs to go! I fast fwded through his dance because it was bad and I was bored.

Sarah''s pasa doble was SO BAD as well....she could go too, IMO.

Willa was awesome, as wereJoey and Mario of course.

Vivica was okay, but she didn''t seem very graceful. It was also SO obvious she had her upper lip filled...she had the Lisa Rinna overstuffed bee sting thing going on.
40.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t get to see the whole show again and missed Mario and Joey but I''m sure they did fab. I did see willa and thought she was fantastic. I hope she''s gaining some fan base as the weeks go on. Sara was just awful, she looks so stiff and doesn''t flow at all. I think Jerry should go next but could very easily see sara and that would be ok with me too. Both are a torture to watch except for my sweet Tony
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results